Brendan Rodgers thread (signs extended contract)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby lakes10 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:52 pm

"Liverpool will pay Swansea City between £4m and £5m in compensation to secure the Northern Irishman's services. "

hope we dont also have have to pay him that 12 weeks into the seasons once the pro Rafa get him the sack.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby god 2012 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:52 pm

Very suprised by the choice if this is true. Imagine the flak he and the board will get if results are bad up to christmas.
Are we going to chop and change?
Never managed a big club, and im certain Ian Ayre the MD has told him 4th place is a minimum requirement. As he was moaning thats why kk got the boot. Very very very risky imo
And what players can he attract? Im sure this is one of the questions he would have been asked at interview.
Welcome aboard anyhow Brendan. (pending offcl announcement)
Last edited by god 2012 on Wed May 30, 2012 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
god 2012
LFC Basic Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed May 30, 2012 5:53 pm

lakes10 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:52 pm wrote:"Liverpool will pay Swansea City between £4m and £5m in compensation to secure the Northern Irishman's services. "

hope we dont also have have to pay him that 12 weeks into the seasons once the pro Rafa get him the sack.

Pro Rafa get him the sack ?

Stop talking utter fuc.king boll.ocks for once in your life.
Benny The Noon

Postby D___C » Wed May 30, 2012 5:58 pm

Mourinho raves about the guy, and its that that got me excited as no-one is a better judge of character/ability than Mourinho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBw67Th71S4

Brendan on method of play, and what he looks for in a player.
D___C

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed May 30, 2012 5:58 pm

lakes10 » Wed May 30, 2012 4:52 pm wrote:"Liverpool will pay Swansea City between £4m and £5m in compensation to secure the Northern Irishman's services. "

Seriously Lakes leave that s*i*e where it belongs " in the past "
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Wed May 30, 2012 5:58 pm

The Echo on Twitter has just reported that Brendan Rodgers has left Swansea.

If he ends up at West Brom you guys are going to be sooooooooooooo embarrassed  :blush:
burjennio

Postby lakes10 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:58 pm

Benny The Noon » Wed May 30, 2012 5:53 pm wrote:
lakes10 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:52 pm wrote:"Liverpool will pay Swansea City between £4m and £5m in compensation to secure the Northern Irishman's services. "

on the evidence of what was said on tis forum about Roy and Kenny when we did not win games, i think my posts is 100% right.

fans will not give him the time to change the team and get it right, if he dont hit the ground winning games it will ony take us to get beat at home once or 3 draws at home and there will be calls for Rafa to come back.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Wed May 30, 2012 6:00 pm

It's a shame the treatment he's getting already but it's hardly a surprise given it's not the first time we've seen a manager completely written off before he's had a fair chance to prove himself. The irony of course is that had these naysayers got their way back when Rafa was under consideration for the Valencia job, he'd not have got the job and probably wouldn't have ended up at Liverpool. And yet it's supposedly inconceivable that we could have success with a manager who hasn't already won trophies. Ridiculous.
LFC2007

Postby lakes10 » Wed May 30, 2012 6:02 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed May 30, 2012 5:58 pm wrote:
lakes10 » Wed May 30, 2012 4:52 pm wrote:"Liverpool will pay Swansea City between £4m and £5m in compensation to secure the Northern Irishman's services. "

Seriously Lakes leave that s*i*e where it belongs " in the past "

mate in did that every date kenny was our manager but many on here called for Rafa from 6 weeks into his job.

i hope Brendan Rodgers all the best and i will back him all the way and i will give him the time to build a team. for me we need to be in the top 3 in two years.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed May 30, 2012 6:03 pm

burjennio » Wed May 30, 2012 4:58 pm wrote:The Echo on Twitter has just reported that Brendan Rodgers has left Swansea.

If he ends up at West Brom you guys are going to be sooooooooooooo embarrassed  :blush:

Its official mate Granada Reports says so  :buttrock
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed May 30, 2012 6:04 pm

LFC2007 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:00 pm wrote:It's a shame the treatment he's getting already but it's hardly a surprise given it's not the first time we've seen a manager completely written off before he's had a fair chance to prove himself. The irony of course is that had these naysayers got their way back when Rafa was under consideration for the Valencia job, he'd not have got the job and probably wouldn't have ended up at Liverpool. And yet it's supposedly inconceivable that we could have success with a manager who hasn't already won trophies. Ridiculous.

Well said.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed May 30, 2012 6:06 pm

lakes10 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:58 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Wed May 30, 2012 5:53 pm wrote:

on the evidence of what was said on tis forum about Roy and Kenny when we did not win games, i think my posts is 100% right.

fans will not give him the time to change the team and get it right, if he dont hit the ground winning games it will ony take us to get beat at home once or 3 draws at home and there will be calls for Rafa to come back.

Lakes your anti rafa ***** is boring and outdated now -

It seems we are getting a new manager and how do you bring up ? Rafa - you lakes - no one else. Your pathetic and disrespectful to a guy who brought us our best nights during the last two decades. Time for you to shut the fu.ck up dismissing him like a piece of Sh*t on here. Take it to twitter and enjoy yourself silly
Benny The Noon

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed May 30, 2012 6:07 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed May 30, 2012 5:03 pm wrote:
burjennio » Wed May 30, 2012 4:58 pm wrote:The Echo on Twitter has just reported that Brendan Rodgers has left Swansea.

Its official mate Granada Reports says so  :buttrock

Fred the weatherman says its true so...
Thommo's perm

Postby god 2012 » Wed May 30, 2012 6:12 pm

Swansea last term....
Played 38. Won 12 drawn 11 lost 15 pts 47.

Finished 11th . 3 places below us.
Lost more than they won.
If thats good enough success to be in contention for. LFC job , then I am baffled.

Everyone else I have seen on tv are baffled. I believe he isnt first choice, rafa wasnt even approached, and all other managers have said no to the job.

Considering we need a new overhaul of players, I wish to know who hes gonna bring in.
Last edited by god 2012 on Wed May 30, 2012 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
god 2012
LFC Basic Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed May 30, 2012 6:14 pm

Benny, I think while Lakes mentioning Rafa is getting yours and maybe others backs up he does have a point.

Alot of fans with Kenny and Rafa been at the forefront of their hopes as previous and recent (in Rafa's case) manager it means that so many fans arent willing to even consider the thought that a new man might not be successful.

I agree Rodgers will be a gamble but so would Rafa or anyone else for that matter.

Too many of our fans are already by the looks of it not going to give the new man a chance, similar to what happened with Hodgson.

Now while the fans where obviously right regarding Roy, it doesnt mean that we as fans should stop supporting whoever is appointed.

I know you will respond saying you will support whoever is appointed but the negative posts already suggest otherwise.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion