Brendan Rodgers thread (signs extended contract)

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed May 30, 2012 6:18 pm

I think my negative thoughts I regards the manager appointment are very valid - but he isn't Hodgson - he isn't an old stuck his ways fossil. Rodgers can develop - I just don't think he will be allowed time to develop - it didn't take much did people to turn on both Kenny and Rafa and I fully expect people will turn on Rodgers if things don't go right.

He needs to be given more than one season but I dont think certain fans are that patient. If we don't get 4th people will demand a change
Benny The Noon

Postby only me » Wed May 30, 2012 6:21 pm

I really hope it's true as watching a few Swansea game i really loved their style of play ,their tactics and approach to the game ,if that is the work of Rodgers we might have landed a real Gem. I welcome him with open hands.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby roberto green » Wed May 30, 2012 6:21 pm

Good Luck Brendan, If you can bring your enterprising football to players who are on paper are better than at Swansea then who knows, I'm looking forward to tippy tappy football, have to say the man is growing on me. Cheer up you miserable shower and lets get behind the new boss!!!
roberto green

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed May 30, 2012 6:26 pm

Benny The Noon » Wed May 30, 2012 5:18 pm wrote:I think my negative thoughts I regards the manager appointment are very valid - but he isn't Hodgson - he isn't an old stuck his ways fossil. Rodgers can develop - I just don't think he will be allowed time to develop - it didn't take much did people to turn on both Kenny and Rafa and I fully expect people will turn on Rodgers if things don't go right.

He needs to be given more than one season but I dont think certain fans are that patient. If we don't get 4th people will demand a change

That's the point i am making about our fans.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby parchpea » Wed May 30, 2012 6:27 pm

Many people only want managers with a connection to the football club
but unfortunately that has contributed to our problems.

There comes a point were you have to be brave and implement change
to move forward but its difficult at Anfield with so much value placed
on memories and an incredible loyalty to certain individuals.

There is no guarantee in change but at least Fenway have had the nuts
to see it was required and shift the club away from this painful and
pityfull attachment to the past.

It would have been easy to go back down a familiar path but we have
selected a new one with root and branch change.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed May 30, 2012 6:29 pm

Ben Patrick » Wed May 30, 2012 6:26 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Wed May 30, 2012 5:18 pm wrote:I think my negative thoughts I regards the manager appointment are very valid - but he isn't Hodgson - he isn't an old stuck his ways fossil. Rodgers can develop - I just don't think he will be allowed time to develop - it didn't take much did people to turn on both Kenny and Rafa and I fully expect people will turn on Rodgers if things don't go right.

It won't change Ben - sacking Kenny after one season started the ball rolling.
Benny The Noon

Postby NorfolkRed » Wed May 30, 2012 6:32 pm

i know theres no smoke without fire and all that but there is still no reported substance to the story. Rodgers is 'understood' to have signed a contract etc....

When i got home he BBC headline said Rodgers was the new Liverpool boss then a little later that he had only agreed to be.

It possibly or even probably will happen but i'd prefer to wait for actual news
NorfolkRed

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed May 30, 2012 6:34 pm

Benny The Noon » Wed May 30, 2012 5:29 pm wrote:
Ben Patrick » Wed May 30, 2012 6:26 pm wrote:

It won't change Ben - sacking Kenny after one season started the ball rolling.

I agree that sacking Kenny wasnt right.
I was gutted and still am, but we cant change that.

Our fans for me need to try and look to get behind whoever is in charge and give them proper support and time.

We can all see by our league campaign last season that there is plenty of work to be done, fans that arent willing to give the new regime a chance because its not who they wanted or a big enough name or not going to help us get back to where we all want to be.
Ben Patrick

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed May 30, 2012 6:38 pm

Oh the fans will Ben - they will be all excited about a new manager until things don't go well for a couple weeks and the rumblings will start and we could possibly looking at another new manager next season.
Benny The Noon

Postby Greavesie » Wed May 30, 2012 6:41 pm

has my backing 100%. His Swansea were one of the best sides to watch last season, really refreshing and proved newly promoted teams don't have to play unattractive stuff to survive in the league

My Chelsea mate has text me laughing but simply asking who'd have thought RDM would do well after getting relegated with West Brom shut him up.

Every manager we get in is going to be a risk, everyone brings new ideas and needs time to implement them. I like the new owners and their approach away from the media has been dignified imo, they didn't have a duty to keep us all informed of who they were approaching and when - I'd have told Martinez to do one just because of d!ckhead Whelan, who no doubt will publicly slate us for going elsewhere....

We all really have to rally round and turn Anfield into the cauldron it once was. I'm really excited to see if Rodgers can translate the football he played at Swansea over to Anfield. My only concern is the calibre of player he's going to chase, the players he had last season achieved great things but let's face it, the bar is a bit higher this time around
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed May 30, 2012 6:42 pm

Benny The Noon » Wed May 30, 2012 5:38 pm wrote:Oh the fans will Ben - they will be all excited about a new manager until things don't go well for a couple weeks and the rumblings will start and we could possibly looking at another new manager next season.

That's why we are more likely to slip into mid table obscurity though isnt it ?
Ben Patrick

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed May 30, 2012 6:57 pm

Ben Patrick » Wed May 30, 2012 6:42 pm wrote:
Benny The Noon » Wed May 30, 2012 5:38 pm wrote:Oh the fans will Ben - they will be all excited about a new manager until things don't go well for a couple weeks and the rumblings will start and we could possibly looking at another new manager next season.

Definatly mate.

Whoever the new manager is needs more than a season.

SSN have just said Rodgers has told Swansea he hasn't been offered the job yet ?
Benny The Noon

Postby Ben Patrick » Wed May 30, 2012 6:57 pm

Greavesie » Wed May 30, 2012 5:41 pm wrote:has my backing 100%. His Swansea were one of the best sides to watch last season, really refreshing and proved newly promoted teams don't have to play unattractive stuff to survive in the league

My Chelsea mate has text me laughing but simply asking who'd have thought RDM would do well after getting relegated with West Brom shut him up.

Every manager we get in is going to be a risk, everyone brings new ideas and needs time to implement them. I like the new owners and their approach away from the media has been dignified imo, they didn't have a duty to keep us all informed of who they were approaching and when - I'd have told Martinez to do one just because of d!ckhead Whelan, who no doubt will publicly slate us for going elsewhere....

We all really have to rally round and turn Anfield into the cauldron it once was. I'm really excited to see if Rodgers can translate the football he played at Swansea over to Anfield. My only concern is the calibre of player he's going to chase, the players he had last season achieved great things but let's face it, the bar is a bit higher this time around

That's the attitude mate  :)
Ben Patrick

Postby metalhead » Wed May 30, 2012 7:00 pm

Benny The Noon » Wed May 30, 2012 5:57 pm wrote:
Ben Patrick » Wed May 30, 2012 6:42 pm wrote:

Definatly mate.

Whoever the new manager is needs more than a season.

SSN have just said Rodgers has told Swansea he hasn't been offered the job yet ?

there is a difference between ''agreeing'' a deal and ''signing'', Sky Sports says he hasn't signed yet! I'm sure he agreed to the job
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby centarec » Wed May 30, 2012 7:01 pm

Seems like a decent lad with a bright future ahead of him.. I wish him the best of luck and hope he can bring Liverpool back to the winning paths.
centarec

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion