BLACKBURN ROVERS VS LIVERPOOL - All pre-match comments here please

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:52 pm

ivor_the_injun wrote:The problem is that, because of our inferior goal difference, Man U have to lose at least 2 of their last 4, and drop points in at least 1 of the other 2.

they way i look at it is there 6 points infront if we win its 3 but they have a game in hand they play monday v spurs. If spurs win thats 3 points behind and games are level then they have to play chelsea if they lose that and we win were level

Now the goal diffrence they have a plus 36 we have a plus 26
heres the problem but if we can beat black burn 3-0 we will then be plus 29 if they get beat 1-0 to spurs they have 35.when they play chelsea we have villa the same villa that we beat 2-0 away if we can beat them 2-0 thats plus 3-1 if chelsea beat them by 2 goals they have plus 33. All we need to do is beat our remaining opponents by 1 goal more then man utd beat there opponents in both games

that isnt too much to ask is it  :oh:

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby steffspurs » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:25 pm

Let's just keep the 'love' flowing here for our clubs...you do Blackburn and we'll do ManUre...should keep everyone here happy!!!

steffspurs
steffspurs

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:49 pm

steffspurs wrote:Let's just keep the 'love' flowing here for our clubs...you do Blackburn and we'll do ManUre...should keep everyone here happy!!!

steffspurs

You match fixing?

:laugh:
48-1119859832

Postby davo_LFC » Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:04 am

steff spurs, your team played some pretty good stuff at woodison against the blue sh.ite, glad you outclassed them and put them back in their place. I'd just like to ask regarding defoe, do you think he will be offski in the summer? :D
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:51 am

Gerrard hasnt travelled with the squad tight hamstring, will be back for the semi final against the rent boys next week.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby davo_LFC » Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:29 am

looks like cisse might play right mid? or maybe kromkamp. Maybe if cisse plays he can lay some ghosts to rest; what with breaking his leg so badly last season at ewood park and no doubt the blackburn fans will give him sh.it all game or maybe he may be affected by what happened and play even worse than usual. Should be interesting,thats if he plays of course,but i think hes a strong enough character to respond-in fact i fancy him to score i mean their defence isnt the fastest is it!

does anyone the odds of a break in this game, they must be short after the last 3 seasons.
ImageImage
davo_LFC
LFC Super Member

Postby JC_81 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:13 am

steffspurs wrote:Let's just keep the 'love' flowing here for our clubs...you do Blackburn and we'll do ManUre...should keep everyone here happy!!!

steffspurs

Was impressed with Spurs against Everton I have to say, shows that Spurs finally have a team with bottle.  They can play some nice stuff but yesterday they showed they can fight as well, that's what the difference has been for you guys this season.

This forum sems to be very pro-defoe, but if I could take any of your players it would be Keane, I think he's a very talented player.

I'll also say that apart from the Chelsea game we lost 4-1 at Anfield early in the season, I think that on the day Spurs have been the best team we've played at Anfield this season.  We really struggled to control the game as we usually do at home, and if Robbie Keane had taken a great chance at the start of the 2nd half the outcome could have been very different.

Back to Blackburn, I can't see us losing, but I'm not convinced we'll win it either.  Could really do with Spurs pegging back the scum when they play them!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby teamleader1 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 11:17 am

RAFABENITEZ wrote:-------------Reina-----------------
Finnan---Carra----Hyypia----Riise
Gerrard---Sissoko--Alonso--Kewell-
------Fowler------Crouch---------

Garcia
Dudek
Kromkamp
Hamann
Cisse

Thats a winning line up for today
teamleader1

Postby tubby » Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:02 pm

Gerrards out isnt he.

-----------------------------
it's been noted on a few websites (particularly ynwa.tv) this morning that Steven Gerrard has a tight hamstring and will miss today's clash at Blackburn.

He will however be fit for the Chelsea semi final, which will hopefully see Arjen Robben's balding little head fall onto the ground after a Momo Karate chop.
--------------------------------------------------
Not sure if its reliable but it says hes out
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:04 pm

Bit strange if you ask me. Was there any need to drop Kewell to the bench and bring in Warnock, I guess its because Blackburn are a tough team to face away from home. What happened to Crouch? Ig he isnt injured then its just stupid thats his not in the squad let alone in the team. Not feeling to confident about this one now, very strange team.

Reina

Finnan  Hyypia  Carragher Warnock

Cisse    Sissoko   Alonso    Riise

Fowler  Morientes

Garcia
Kewell
Kromkamp
Traore
Dudek

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:06 pm

Gerrards out and Cisse starts out on the right, with Fowler and Morientes upfront.
66-1112520797

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:06 pm

Thought we should have went:

Reina

Finnan     Carragher    Hyypia    Riise

Kromkamp  Alonso      Sissoko    Kewell

Crouch     Fowler

Subs

Cisse
Garcia
Warnock
Agger/Troare
Dudek

Crouch must be injured.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 2:11 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:Bit strange if you ask me. Was there any need to drop Kewell to the bench and bring in Warnock, I guess its because Blackburn are a tough team to face away from home. What happened to Crouch? Ig he isnt injured then its just stupid thats his not in the squad let alone in the team. Not feeling to confident about this one now, very strange team.

Reina

Finnan  Hyypia  Carragher Warnock

Cisse    Sissoko   Alonso    Riise

Fowler  Morientes

Garcia
Kewell
Kromkamp
Traore
Dudek

Have to admit this is the sort of game you'd want Crouchy in, and not in the squad he's probably injured.

Maybe with no other real option on the right and Cisse playing there, Rafa might be thinking he needs to add a bit more steel,( come on its Blackburn we're talking about. Aka the bone crunchers) to the midfield so he's thrown Riise out wide. Maybe.
66-1112520797

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion