All views welcome - Salvage

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:57 pm

:laugh:  I think Dawson won the battle of the big words....... he knows the difference between  your and you're :D
account deleted by request

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:13 pm

F*ck me .....then there was three , well two and a snide
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:17 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:F*ck me .....then there was three , well two and a snide

:laugh:   I dont think you're a snide mate just erroneous in your conclusions     :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:00 am

I suspect that's guilt,in the  presumption it was your good self  I was referring to ???
Listen don't fret I'm staying out of your garden I never did like the feel of worms under my boots especially the two headed  variety :D
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:18 am

Notice how I incorporated both your and you're into my post, like the two headed boomslang it contained a dual purpose, both to educate and elucidate :D

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:40 am

Notice how I mentioned worm as oppose to the description snake ,I thought I would hold off until your gender is proven :laugh:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:52 am

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:Notice how I mentioned worm as oppose to the description snake ,I thought I would hold off until your gender is proven :laugh:

Sorry mate, I am not interested in a new relationship at this point in my life.  Nothing personal,  maybe you will have better luck with your worms especialy as you wont need to worry about their gender as they are hermaphroditic, and you don't strike me as the fussy kind.

:D

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:19 am

In all fairness RBG, rather than try and keep the discussions going, you have helped to reduce what started off as a good discussion topic into what is now. The main problem, one a lot of people fall into, is replying to the posts which are negative with another negative. If there are grudges, PM's help. It keeps it more personal and private, unfortunately too many people air there dirty laundry in public. Nobody wants to read it, as its tedious.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:03 am

What I'm about to say may :censored: some people off.  But I'll say it anyway.  Obviously the big divide on this forum is the whole Pro-Anti thing.  Whether or not you consider yourself, Pro, Anti, or Neutral, chances are you have been pegged into one of the first two categories.

My take on the whole Anti-Pro thing is pretty simple.  The Anti group prefer to look upon the current situation with the club and break it down, separating difficulties in the boardroom, and lack of funds, and the difficulties on the pitch and managerial decissions and tactics. 

The Pro group have stood firmly without fail behind the manager as the bastion of rebellion against current ownership.  Almost as if any wavering of faith in the manager is in some way a show of approval of T&T.

I think I can confidently say that there isn't a single poster on this forum that wishes that the current ownership stays as is.  We all want the two :censored: wads out.  And I fully agree that the sooner that happens the better it is for the club. 

One thing that isn't healthy to any forum is a feeling of walking on eggshells.  And there is alot of that amongst the forum as well.  I can't quite put my finger on what exactly I'm trying to say, but basically, the gist of it is, We are all Liverpool fans.  We should be able to discuss, laugh about, fight, cry and, enjoy the club in the ways that we like.  It's entertainment at the end of the day isn't it.  Supporting a club is supposed to be fun.  So maybe we should all just be a little more tollerant of a view that might differ with our own.  There is no need to insult, much less, take to heart an opposing debator.

Well, hope I didn't :censored: anyone off.  And although it's only 11pm on the 14th here.  I would hope that the next 24 hours are focussed on something much more important than what is going on right now. 

This is a day where there are no Anti's or Pro's.  Today, we are all Liverpool fans, and that's it.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby terry66 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:19 am

I got thrown off another Liverpool forum at xmas for suggesting we would not finish in the top 4. Hope I dont here.
terry66

Postby taff » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:33 pm

As it stands today you might get thrown off for suggesting we do finish in the top four.

For what its worth my view is this.  If we get a takeover and Rafa has a season with "normal" owners where he can buy who he actually wants and no money is withdrawn for interest rate payments then I firmly believe he should live and die by the sword and if we are not in the league hunt by next April then he will have to leave the club.  But I cant shake off the gut feeling of what we could be like if we didnt have mentalists in charge of the club.

We have definitely improved but have not closed the gap enough with other clubs and this season has been terrible and Rafa will have to improve next season or face the fact that this is not the club for him and we will have to look elsewhere.

But that means we have to get better than Rafa and unless we get billions then that will be a difficult task.
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:05 pm

Do you really think for a minute that Rafa paid £20million for players that he didn't actually want? He is asking for 3 or 4 MORE £20million pound players to ensure we challenge after 6 years building his squad, does that not strike you as a little strange, especially after we came so close last season. I doubt whoever we get as owners will be able to afford to buy the club, pay off the debt, finance a new stadium AND give Rafa £60-80million mate. The best we can hope for imo would be new owners who have our best interest at heart, who buy the club paying off the debt, finance the new stadium and give us the stability to allow the club to grow ONCE THE MONEY STARTS TO ROLL IN.

In the meantime I would prefer a manager who can get the best out of the players we already have, rather than one who makes unrealistic demands as an excuse for failure.

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:12 pm

I hear what your saying but at 3.05pm on April the 15th your decision to post a Rafa bashing post was a little insensitive .

just my opinion like.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:19 pm

1/ it was not a Rafa bashing post

2/ What the feck does Rafa Benitez have to do with what happened at Hillsbrough ?

Postby dawson99 » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:22 pm

Lets not use this as an excuse for snipes on either side by anyone
Everyones got an opinion on Rafa, and it'll never be settled
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion