Are our views on gh balanced?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby whylongball? » Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:07 pm

azriahmad wrote:
"We will never walk alone"

Well said RobtheRed. Like you, I will always support Liverpool, even withe the cr#p manager and cr#p playing style and worse still cr#p results! Once a Red, always a Red! Although I always agonise every time I see Liverpool play (because of heartless and headless players, poor passing, atrocious finishing, planks getting picked every time, etc.), I still watch the live games on telly.
My wife keeps asking me, "why do you watch them play when you always get worked up?" I sais, "because I support this team, have always supported them since '76, and curiously will always support them in the future!"
We really need a new manager next season, 4ht place finish or not at the end of this season! GH still has to go.

Agree with u and whatever written above....... just want to add something...Just cannt understand Houl's ability to come up with excuses after lost games...If u r lousy..u just have to admit that and rectify mistakes. He's just too lenient with players who dont perform..he simply places trust in the wrong guys(Heskey, Smicer to name a few).
Houl, if u r reading this, u r fighting a lost battle. Time to go!!
whylongball?

Postby Chinesegirl » Fri Dec 26, 2003 6:10 am

I want GH come to China to teach chinese team.:D
watch match on tv to support LFC now
watch mathc in anfield to support several years later!
i'll study hard for LFC
Chinesegirl

Postby cobby wallace » Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:05 pm

I believe gh  has had an easy ride with the press, it will be an insult to lfc fans that the press are behind this sorry mess he calls management. gh's ambition is to keep lfc as a premiership, certainly not as consistent champions. so lons as we a middle league team he sees it as an achievement. micky mouse trphies will not do. lfc belongs to the elite in europe gh has succeded in turning a once mighty colossus of a footballm team into a midget of a team.

GH should have gone after his heart scare. Indeed if he'd had the grace to step aside, Tommo would have delivered our first champions cup for ages. Not so Mr. bitter/vindictive man had to take charge and infuse unwinnable tactics. Since the Leverkussen match lfc have played like a conference team.

Now gh is talking about 4th position, since when did lfc had 4th best as an aim? Moore should have the courage no matter the position of lfc to dump him. Come back Daglish, all is forgiven.
cobby wallace

Postby Red » Tue Dec 30, 2003 1:49 am

Maybe you should be asking Daglish to forgive you.
Football is a simple game, all you have to do is pass the ball to a player in a red shirt.
Red
LFC Elite Member

Postby RedKev » Tue Dec 30, 2003 3:27 am

Cobby Wallace....What are you on about? You want to stop over-reacting and get a grip of yourself. 1) You reckon that GH's ambition is to keep Liverpool in the Premier League 2) You reckon that LFC are a 'midget' of a team 3) You reckon that Phil Thompson would have delivered the Champions League 4) I bet you £100 that you didn't want GH to go when we beat Roma at Anfield (After his heart scare) 5) You reckon GH is 'bitter/vindictive' 6) YOU forgive KENNY. I can reply to all these and highlight that you are off your head. 1) If GH's ambition was to stay in the Premier League, why would he bother in defending mediocre performances when it is quite clear there is no chance of us even being down near the bottom come May. 2) 'Midget' of a team? You dont know when you are spoilt. Every football fan in Europe/World has heard of LFC. Try Margate mate. 3) You are so against GH and you are pro Phil Thompson. If PT was so good, do you not think he would have underlined to GH his mistakes, and hinted at not playing the likes of Cheyrou and Smicer? Surely, he is as much to blame as GH? 4) I would still bet you £100 that you didn't want rid of him then. Were you there at Anfield? That is what being a fan is about. Granted, I dont think GH should stay, but no 'FAN' would have wanted rid of him then. 5) Do you know what 'vindictive' means? 6) Yeah right, in your dreams. Are you sure you are not a Manc? I agree with you that GH has to go, as I think he has had his time, but your reasonings are somewhat woeful. He has bought bad players, and made many tactical errors and one/40 too many. GH's heart is in the right place, the man just has not got what it takes. YOU need to go the match, sit down afterwards in a dark cool room and think about what you are going to write on this site. Fair enough, you want GH out, but sort your argument out, instead of jumping on the 'bandwagon.' THE CLUB NEEDS CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM, not a slagging off.
RedKev

Postby JBG » Tue Dec 30, 2003 2:23 pm

I think we are balanced in our views on Houllier...at least I think I am.

Houllier got more support from fans and club than any manager at Liverpool since Kenny Dalglish. In fact, he probably got more support from his club than either Ferguson or Wenger, in that the club always provided the funds for the players Houllier wanted to sign, which cannot always be said of the men at Highbury and Old Trafford.

Both club and fans supported Houllier through his illness, and also through the bad spell last season. I know a lot of people were unhappy last year, but most (including me) were prepared to give Houllier the benefit of the doubt.

Houllier always maintained that the bad run we had last year was a blip in the team's development. Most people were prepared to take his word for it, as this is not uncommon in football (witness Man UTD's struggles in Europe in the mid 1990s or them losing the championship to Blackburn), but I think that I speak for everybody who trusted Houllier last season that we expected a dramatic improvement in the shape of a championship challenge this year. That has not materialised.

Things were bad under Roy Evans as he could never turn his side from a top three team to title winners. Houllier has seen his side drop from being a top three team to little more than mid table wonders.

I indict Houllier for the following reasons:

1. He has bought bad players.
2. He has spent too much on "potential" but he hasn't developed many young talent into top players. Look at at all the young players who came to Liverpool with big reputations: Diouff, Cheyrou, Heskey, Baros, Riise, Song, Kirkland, Biscan, Troare etc. None of them have taken the next step up: in fact, most of them have taken a few steps backwards.

Even the talent Houllier takes credit for: Owen and Gerrard. Consider how much better these players would be if they were Man UTD or Arsenal players?

I think this is the biggest indictment of Houllier: his patent inability to coach or develop players. As a contrast, look at what Alex Ferguson has done with the Nevilles, John O' Shea, Mikeal Silvestre, Quinten Fortune, Solsjaere etc.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion