How would you feel ? - What are your views ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:03 pm

Obviously this is doing the rumour mill at the moment and although it should go in the Rumour thread,i was wondering what your thoughts and views were on it.

Man Utd could swoop for Michael Owen
66-1112520797

Postby Afroman » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:14 pm

Of all the teams  I hope he doesn't go to united, obviously because of the goals he will get them and the feeling between the two clubs is :angry:  and I thought he know that
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby *R*E*D*S* » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:30 pm

its the absolute worst thing i could imagine happening transfer wise. not to mention all the work i'd have to put in takin all my owen stuff outside and burning it...
YoU'll NeVeR WaLk aLoNe...
*R*E*D*S*

Postby Paul C » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:45 pm

I would be really p155ed off if MO went their, although he did sh1t on the club a bit I still consider him a red at heart :angry:

Surely he wouldn't do this to us? ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:57 pm

i'd be disapointed if he did go, but to be honest i wouldn't lose anysleep.  He's left and although i would love to see him back, i've moved on
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red marauder » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:06 pm

It would break my heart to see him in a scum kit.Although we never treated him as the legend he truly was,he willl always be remembered as the Son of God in my house.
RED MARAUDER
red marauder

Postby 5th_Hokage » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:24 pm

I don't think Owen has much choice now. However, he may end up joining Arsenal. Will Henry+Owen=50+ goals a season?
5th_Hokage

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:39 pm

Arsenal seems like a possibility. An Owen/Henry forward line would be awesome for them.

Chelsea perhaps? They are complaining about the price of Essien and if they don't get him then Owen seems like the logical choice.

Manchester United? It would be sickening but this idea of player loyalty isn't set in stone. Alan Smith was supposedly the "local Leeds lad" who would never join Man United. Yeah right. Money talked and he walked.

Liverpool? It depends on how much Real wanted for him. Selling Baros would give them some money to use and assuming Rafa wanted him then it seems like the best choice. I think Owen made a mistake leaving LFC initially.

Newcastle? LOL, don't laugh. It's been suggested in recent days. I doubt it's going to happen for a number of reasons.

1- Graeme Souness. He's an @$$hole. He's probably the main factor in why players do not want to join the Toon.

2- Newcastle are sh*t.

3- Newcastle are sh*t.

One more thing. A lot of people are saying he should join (whatever) team because it would be good for England. They said the same thing when Gerrard was going to leave. I say personally f*ck England. When we were advancing through the Champions League, the English media said we were lucky, we were going to get knocked out, and we were very much an afterthought behind the flavour of the month bandwagon of Chelsea. So I don't give a flying f*ck about England anymore. I support LFC and no one else.

Even if the entire England team was playing for Chelsea, they still WON'T win the World Cup. They lack the mental attitude to win and Sven is an overpaid Swedish turd who has no tactical ability. When England get knocked out in the Second Round of the World Cup, he'll be fired.

Brazil will win it. I just hope Carra and Gerrard don't get injured playing in the World Cup..
Last edited by The Manhattan Project on Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:52 pm

So the press said we were lucky in the CL.

What the f@ck has that got to do with the national side ?
Pressuming your English where the hell is your passion for your country?
:no 

The only part of the post i do agree with is that Owen wont join Newcastle.
66-1112520797

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:02 pm

So the press said we were lucky in the CL.

Yes they did.

What the f@ck has that got to do with the national side?

Because they give priority to English players and teams other than LFC, even teams like Arsenal who have done sh*t in Europe. Every tournament the English press become hysterical by deluding themselves England will win a major competition. It never f*cking happens.

Pressuming your English where the hell is your passion for your country?

Just being realistic. I've been disappointed by England in the past. They choke. I'm not jumping this "We Can Win It" bandwagon again.
Last edited by The Manhattan Project on Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:08 pm

i'm as much an England fan as i'm a Liverpool fan.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:43 pm

i'm as much an England fan as i'm a Liverpool fan

Me too

and as far as  isee it, we've got a great chance of winning in Germany!, No offence MHP but i'm sure come next summer if we stuff germany in the final you'll  be havin a dance! and claim you knew all along!

So what if the media slate the liverpool team do you honestly believe everything everyone writes, real fans we know football we know when the papers are bullshitttin just to sell papers. so what does it matter what they say, get behind your country and be as proud as you are singing YNWA, in supportin our country,

Oh and it aint no "bandwagon" anyone with any sense of footie knows we have as good as chance as anyone!!!

:D :) :D

....I'm the bee's knee, his legs and his arms.....
Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:55 pm

We can turn down's Man Utd bid for Owen can't we? Due to some sort of clause in his contract?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Afroman » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:56 pm

A.B. wrote:We can turn down's Man Utd bid for Owen can't we? Due to some sort of clause in his contract?

:D
I wish, He would never go there would he?
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:57 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:Arsenal seems like a possibility. An Owen/Henry forward line would be awesome for them.

Chelsea perhaps? They are complaining about the price of Essien and if they don't get him then Owen seems like the logical choice.

Manchester United? It would be sickening but this idea of player loyalty isn't set in stone. Alan Smith was supposedly the "local Leeds lad" who would never join Man United. Yeah right. Money talked and he walked.

Liverpool? It depends on how much Real wanted for him. Selling Baros would give them some money to use and assuming Rafa wanted him then it seems like the best choice. I think Owen made a mistake leaving LFC initially.

Newcastle? LOL, don't laugh. It's been suggested in recent days. I doubt it's going to happen for a number of reasons.

1- Graeme Souness. He's an @$$hole. He's probably the main factor in why players do not want to join the Toon.

2- Newcastle are sh*t.

3- Newcastle are sh*t.

One more thing. A lot of people are saying he should join (whatever) team because it would be good for England. They said the same thing when Gerrard was going to leave. I say personally f*ck England. When we were advancing through the Champions League, the English media said we were lucky, we were going to get knocked out, and we were very much an afterthought behind the flavour of the month bandwagon of Chelsea. So I don't give a flying f*ck about England anymore. I support LFC and no one else.

Even if the entire England team was playing for Chelsea, they still WON'T win the World Cup. They lack the mental attitude to win and Sven is an overpaid Swedish turd who has no tactical ability. When England get knocked out in the Second Round of the World Cup, he'll be fired.

Brazil will win it. I just hope Carra and Gerrard don't get injured playing in the World Cup..

First of all, how is Owen the 'logical' choice for chelsea if they don't get Essien??  One's a midfielder and one's a striker, thats the most illogical thing I've read all day.

Secondly, Souness may be a poor manager, but calling a Liverpool legend an ars.ehole is out of order. 

I do agree with your assessment of the English national set-up, but then again I'm Irish and therefore love to see England slip up in every major tournament.  I have nothing against the players, but the English media sets the team up for a fall every time, it's pretty funny.  For you to say you don't give a flying :censored: about England is all very well mate, but I bet you'll be dancing in the street if they manage to win the world cup this summer.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion