How would you feel ? - What are your views ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:20 am

stmichael wrote:listen guys.

i have it on good authority that if michael owen had the choice to return to the premiership, his first choice would be to return to us. i am also led to believe that there was a clause in his contract giving us first option to buy him back.

however, benitez doesn't want him because he doesn't see him as the kind of striker he wants. i doubt the majority of the players would agree with this though.

the thing is, chelsea and arsenal don't want him, and i can't see him going to manure unless they're planning on selling van nistelrooy.

we wait and see. ???

What authority do you have that on ?

Owen preffering a move us ?
66-1112520797

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:25 am

Bamaga man wrote:
stmichael wrote:listen guys.

i have it on good authority that if michael owen had the choice to return to the premiership, his first choice would be to return to us. i am also led to believe that there was a clause in his contract giving us first option to buy him back.

however, benitez doesn't want him because he doesn't see him as the kind of striker he wants. i doubt the majority of the players would agree with this though.

the thing is, chelsea and arsenal don't want him, and i can't see him going to manure unless they're planning on selling van nistelrooy.

we wait and see. ???

What authority do you have that on ?

Owen preffering a move us ?

i heard, guillem balague, who is a respected spanish football journalist (and liverpool fan) say it yesterday. the guy generally has his finger on the pulse and knows what he's talking about.

he also said that if he was a betting man, he would bet that michael owen will end up at old twatford. :(
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RhuddlanTown » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:30 pm

I think you are missing the point-do we want him back?  I said sell him when he was worth 50 million after the 1998 world cup!
He has so many injuries he is unreliable. 
Real Madrid got it right don't let him play every game and keep him fit. 
For England's sake he's better off not playing every match. Look how sharp he was in the recent friendlies.
RhuddlanTown

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:52 pm

RhuddlanTown wrote:For England's sake he's better off not playing every match.

how the hell do you work that out? ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby RhuddlanTown » Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:55 pm

'For England's sake he's better off not playing every match'

plays less=injured less=more likely to play in the world cup,

not difficult really:;):
RhuddlanTown

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:03 pm

'For England's sake he's better off not playing every match'

plays less=injured less=more likely to play in the world cup,

not difficult really:;):

ERRR...Do you actually know anything about football, Play less = not match fit = Sheite!!!

A player needs to play almost every game of a season to be perfect and sharp for a world cup!
??? :D :p

....I'm the bee's knee, his legs and his arms.....
Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RhuddlanTown » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:12 pm

'A player needs to play almost every game of a season to be perfect and sharp for a world cup!' 

So Real Madrid got it wrong all season?!

This season MO has had no time off for injuries and he was electric when playing for England-enough said
RhuddlanTown

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:16 pm

i WOULD LOVE TO SEE mo BACK IN THE RED SHRT OF LFC, BUT IF RAFFA DOESN'T WANT HIM (HE WOULD PREFER PETER CROUCH) YOU CAN'T BLAME HIM FOR GOING TO THE NEXT BIGGEST CLUB IN THE NORTH WEST,

BUT WIGAN CAN'T AFFORD HIM... THAT ONLY LEAVES MAN U
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:17 pm

'A player needs to play almost every game of a season to be perfect and sharp for a world cup!' 

So Real Madrid got it wrong all season?!

This season MO has had no time off for injuries and he was electric when playing for England-enough said

i think you'll find he was only electric to try and prove to madrid he was worth playing! ???

....I'm the bee's knee, his legs and his arms.....
Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:19 pm

Apart from whether you think Owen should return to to LFC or not ,the prospect of the scum having a front pairing of Owen and rooney is quite frightening and imo certainly would diminish our chances of finishing higher any higher than fourth place . :( .
Owen wants to return "home" I can't believe we are not prepared to take him ,if only to stop the b'stards up the road from getting their mitts on him .

Baros leaves ,who do we have as our prime strikers ? ,Cisse and Morientes who still haven't done it yet ,Crouch ? half of us still aren't sure if we want him .

The words ,cut,nose ,spite and face spring to mind . I know it's not politically correct to criticise Rafa in this forum but passing up the opportunity to resign Owen imo just doesn't make sense .

:(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:23 pm

How times change. When Owen was 18, and taking the World Cup by the scuff of it's neck, he attracted all the attention and plaudits. How ironic it is that although he remains a world-class striker, he dosen't get the same appreciation as he did back then. Fearing to tweak his hamstring, Owen has operated below his potential dynamism for years, whilst still scoring goals. But he has lost the factor of creating excitement. Now Robinho and others are the talk of the town.

Manure have been named as a front-runner in the chase for Owen. Malcolm Glazer has promised the funds if any big player takes the fancy of Alex Ferguson. Do they need him? Certainly, goals were a problem last year for what many consider an ailing side. The thing Ferguson must ask himself is - what formation am I playing now? He plays 4-5-1, so unless he sells Van Nistelrooy, he will better off buying Ballack. I have serious doubts over their capability to spend money to bring in both Ballack and Owen.

If he joins the team down M62, then so be it. Have Liverpool given up on Cisse and Morientes? Have they given up on Crouch even before a ball is kicked in anger in the Premiership? Again, Benitez must ask what suits his team's plans- why stray from your original targets and risk changing your whole philosophy?

Owen risks facing the vile of all Liverpool fans if he joins the hated rival, but I say - so be it.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby neil » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:29 pm

Don't get me onto Harry Harris,hate the feckin cheeky hack
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:31 pm

Why re-sign a player who left for greener pastures,and then he realises the grass isnt always greener on the other side.

And it would cost more to buy him back its not very good business .

Like somebody else on here said "hes just another player now" and if he ever went to ManU re it would confirm that he is truly out for himself.
Which is fair enough to a certain extent but to even contemplate a move to the scum is criminal.
66-1112520797

Postby Afroman » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:36 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing Crouch/Owen partnership. The ball winner and target man, with the instinctive finisher
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Red Rafa Revolution » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:42 pm

It's time we moved on. 2 seasons ago, we rely heavily on MO for our goals. since he left and despite most of our strikers injured last season, rafa has delivered the CL, with goals coming from all quarters. the gaffer has a plan or strategy on how we should played this season and i think, after a season of premiership, we owed it to him on how he intends to take us forward.

if MO is not in his plans, so be it.
Bill Shankly after beating Everton in the '71 cup semi : "Sickness would not have kept me away from this one. If I'd been dead, I would have had them bring the casket to the ground, prop it up in the stands and cut a hole in the lid."
Red Rafa Revolution

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion