How would you feel ? - What are your views ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Afroman » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:19 pm

Remember that friendly angainst Holland perfect chance to give SWP, Johnsen, Downing full England games, but he didn't.
Why? Scared?
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:22 pm

Remember that friendly angainst Holland perfect chance to give SWP, Johnsen, Downing full England games, but he didn't.

Didn't he play AJ as a winger in that game?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Afroman » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:23 pm

Yeh 80mins in or something pointless in the end
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mikopool » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:29 pm

I am under the impression that another full season of being on the sub bench will slightly hinder Svens choices, or at least I hope so, Sven is a softy for the big names, but i am sure the media will jump down his throat about it and hopefully kick some guts into him.
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:30 pm

If Beckham or Owen were Dropped Sven would get slated, he's in a no win situation, it's possibly the hardest job to cope with being england manager, because everyone else thinks they know better!

....I'm the bee's knee, his legs and his arms.....
Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby siti_zaiton1982 » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:33 pm

as much as i hate to see MO go to Manure but so what,we became the Champions League winner without him.life moves on.forget MO.he chose to leave us.
siti_zaiton1982
LFC Super Member

Postby Afroman » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:34 pm

If Beckham or Owen were Dropped Sven would get slated

It maybe a cliche (spelling) but no players can be bigger than the team.
Sven needs to take the bull be the horns and drop them, I would love to see what he does if SWP plays amazing all season and Becks is :censored:
Afroman
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Feeney » Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:42 pm

Afroman wrote:Sven needs to take the bull be the horns and drop them, I would love to see what he does if SWP plays amazing all season and Becks is :censored:

No way Beckham will be dropped. It's his last chance at a major tournament whilst still in his prime so he'll play like a man posessed.

Becks and Owen are automatic starters because thier's no-one (at the min) of thier pedigree or calibure in that position for England. Same goes for Terry, Gerrard, Lamps, Cole and Neville. SWP is looking good, I agree, but, as the saying goes 'you can't buy experience.'  :)

Feeney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:02 pm

and back to owen...

it really doesn't matter to me where he goes, whether its man u, chelsea, arsenal or wigan. he's just another footballer now and has been for a year. if he was going straight from us to a rival premiership team maybe there's an issue, but for now - just forget him. who gives a damn? i don't hate him, i don't love him - he's just another player.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:05 pm

and back to owen...

it really doesn't matter to me where he goes, whether its man u, chelsea, arsenal or wigan. he's just another footballer now and has been for a year. if he was going straight from us to a rival premiership team maybe there's an issue, but for now - just forget him. who gives a damn? i don't hate him, i don't love him - he's just another player.

I Couldn't agree more  :bowdown

Exactly how i feel! - Just another player!

....I'm the bee's knee, his legs and his arms.....
Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:07 pm

i agree with you Andy....Liverpool have moved on (to being European CHAMPIONS :buttrock ) and it would be nice if he came back, but i wouldn't be burning any shirts if he didn't  :p  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:57 am

The Manhattan Project wrote:Chelsea perhaps? They are complaining about the price of Essien and if they don't get him then Owen seems like the logical choice.

Yes, thats right. Wants; Defensive midfielder.
Buys; Lightweight striker.

Very logical!!!!!! :Oo:

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:01 am

I think he should be burnt at the stake if he goes so the scum. I have no loyalty to him anyway, and would slap him for leaving us as he did, but I believe it is a fair reflection of my hatred of the scum that I'd have that done to MO for joining them. I cannot feel any affection for him, as he always seemed sly when interviewed, etc, and that he felt LFC were not good enough. This in itself is worthy of a battering, but in the absence of a deep fat fryer, I would just nut the little smegger!Still. Lovely day, isn't it?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:40 am

I think that this is all hearsay and paper talk.

So Michael Owen is going to be fifth choice striker at Real Madrid.  All the journos have been on Sky Sports saying what they think would be the best move for Owen.  Not actually anything concrete from the player himself.

One of the journos is Harry Harris.  Need I say more?
jonnymac1979

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:10 am

listen guys.

i have it on good authority that if michael owen had the choice to return to the premiership, his first choice would be to return to us. i am also led to believe that there was a clause in his contract giving us first option to buy him back.

however, benitez doesn't want him because he doesn't see him as the kind of striker he wants. i doubt the majority of the players would agree with this though.

the thing is, chelsea and arsenal don't want him, and i can't see him going to manure unless they're planning on selling van nistelrooy.

we wait and see. ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion