How would you feel ? - What are your views ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby neil » Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:45 pm

Owen is a feckin glory hunter !
interviewer"well Michael(in LFC shirt),you missed a couple of chances tonight to put the game beyond reach"
Michael"yeah but I feel good so it should'nt affect my confidence when we play Poland/Sweden on Wednesday" :censored:
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:08 pm

Bamaga man wrote:Why re-sign a player who left for greener pastures,and then he realises the grass isnt always greener on the other side.

And it would cost more to buy him back its not very good business .

Like somebody else on here said "hes just another player now" and if he ever went to ManU re it would confirm that he is truly out for himself.
Which is fair enough to a certain extent but to even contemplate a move to the scum is criminal.

You're thinkin' with your heart son .
I agree that Owen going to Man U would be criminal BUT put yourself in his shoes. You've made it known that you want to come back to LFC,hopefully your past services to us will count for something and the mistake you made in leaving will be forgiven , we  tell you fu'ck off we're not interested . Now your on your own .
Nobody in these circumstances can really blame you if you then sign for a club that has been consistently more succesful than we have over the last decade. What are you supposed to do ? Retire ?

I am amazed at the lack of memory and gratitude displayed towards Owens' service to LFC  in this forum , but putting that aside I'm even more amazed that we are prepared to let a striker of his calibre who is desparate to join us,to just slip away. It doesn't make sense and i think we are allowing our disappointment at his leaving us in the first place to cloud our judgement.

:(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:38 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:Why re-sign a player who left for greener pastures,and then he realises the grass isnt always greener on the other side.

And it would cost more to buy him back its not very good business .

Like somebody else on here said "hes just another player now" and if he ever went to ManU re it would confirm that he is truly out for himself.
Which is fair enough to a certain extent but to even contemplate a move to the scum is criminal.

You're thinkin' with your heart son .
I agree that Owen going to Man U would be criminal BUT put yourself in his shoes. You've made it known that you want to come back to LFC,hopefully your past services to us will count for something and the mistake you made in leaving will be forgiven , we  tell you fu'ck off we're not interested . Now your on your own .
Nobody in these circumstances can really blame you if you then sign for a club that has been consistently more succesful than we have over the last decade. What are you supposed to do ? Retire ?

I am amazed at the lack of memory and gratitude displayed towards Owens' service to LFC  in this forum , but putting that aside I'm even more amazed that we are prepared to let a striker of his calibre who is desparate to join us,to just slip away. It doesn't make sense and i think we are allowing our disappointment at his leaving us in the first place to cloud our judgement.

:(

Please dont get me wrong i am grateful for what Owen has done for this club .But he chose to leave the club to win trophies etc ,which at the time i was most dissapointed like many other LFC supporters were.

He has now made his bed ,it hasnt worked for him Rafa has moved on and continues to build a new squad without him.Just because he is available Rafa shouldnt scrap his own ideas and plans for the sake of a player who run down his contract twelve months ago,and left us in the lurch.

As for his next transfer move i understand your statement by putting myself in his shoes.
But i know i would never put myself in that situation in the first place (i would of stayed at LFC) and secondly i would never put myself in a ManU shirt.

By the woof am i really your son  :;):
66-1112520797

Postby A.B. » Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:43 pm

How would I feel? I fould feel like :censored: and move on with my life.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:45 pm

Bamaga man wrote:By the woof am i really your son  :;):

:laugh:

Give us your old ladies maiden name and I'll let you know .       :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Previous