All views welcome - Salvage

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:29 pm

stmichael wrote:Well thanks for that post. That really adds a lot to the discussion. It's these sorts of posts that drag this place down. ???

Hang on a second here. You answered a post where I gave my honest opinion of Aquilani (never mentioned the manager) by saying, and I quote "Oh dear. Let me guess, you think he's too lightwieght". That was your contribution, do you think that "added to the debate?"

I answered you by breaking down point by point how and why I don't think he'll succeed, and you cam back with saying you've "seen enough in his cameos" to be very confident he'll make it.

Now what I don't get, is not why you rate Aquialni as he's obviously a talented footballer I agree with that. What I just can't grasp is why you saw fit to go down the "oh dear" route. The thread was about Aquilani, I gave an opinion on Aquilani.

It's comments such as those (from a mod) which make me laugh. Then, the mods come on and give it all the billy bigb0ll0cks about people ruinign the forum, do me a favour.

I don't agree with Big Nialls views, but it doesn't mean he's not allowed to hold them. I can accept it makes some people who told us for years that Rafa was a messiah a little uncomfortable in that he looks like he's going to be proven near enough right all along, but that doesn't mean he's not entitled to his opinion.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:38 pm

Then, the mods come on and give it all the billy bigb0ll0cks about people ruinign the forum, do me a favour.

Pray, of whom do you finger this time?  Since the Aquilani comment. Where has a mod com in and done that?

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:40 pm

bigmick wrote:Hang on a second here. You answered a post where I gave my honest opinion of Aquilani (never mentioned the manager) by saying, and I quote "Oh dear. Let me guess, you think he's too lightwieght". That was your contribution, do you think that "added to the debate?"

I answered you by breaking down point by point how and why I don't think he'll succeed, and you cam back with saying you've "seen enough in his cameos" to be very confident he'll make it.

Now what I don't get, is not why you rate Aquialni as he's obviously a talented footballer I agree with that. What I just can't grasp is why you saw fit to go down the "oh dear" route. The thread was about Aquilani, I gave an opinion on Aquilani.

It's comments such as those (from a mod) which make me laugh. Then, the mods come on and give it all the billy bigb0ll0cks about people ruinign the forum, do me a favour.

I've watched the guy play live. His positional awareness and vision are different class. At times he's been let down by other players around not being on the same wavelength. Portsmouth (yes I know it's only Portsmouth) he absolutely ran the show. Anybody can see that there's an excellent player in there

Ok I apologise if I sounded patronising by saying oh dear. I just don't understand how anyone can write him off and vindicate selling him this summer after watching a handful of games. He was brought for 5 years so I'm at least prepared to give the guy a chance next season when he is fully fit. You say his defensive game isn't good enough but he's not a defensive player who can play as one of the 2 in a 4-2-3-1. Lucas isn't suited to that role either imo. Both need to be playing higher up the pitch.

As for people ruining the forum I'm not referring to people having an anti-rafa opinion, I'm talking about people who are directing personal abuse at him which is out of order. Infact I've never accused people of ruining the forum anyway, I merely stated that they add nothing constructive to it by banging the same drum over and over again.
Last edited by stmichael on Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby bigmick » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:48 pm

red37 wrote:
Then, the mods come on and give it all the billy bigb0ll0cks about people ruinign the forum, do me a favour.

Pray, of whom do you finger this time?  Since the Aquilani comment. Where has a mod com in and done that?

"Of whom do you finger"?  :laugh:

Nobody Red, no mod has ever given it the billy bigb0ll0cks in the way I described, I just made it up  :cool:
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:50 pm

Mick leave it, as an anti you are 87% more likely to be carded, and we don't want that
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:51 pm

The abuse is bad on both sides.  To be honest the main thing that put me off the forum is when you post a view it gets ignored by a handful of people intent on point scoring and abusing each other. 

To unfairly single out Bigmick as an example as there are countless others, I enjoyed debate with him as even though we have different views he generally replied in a courteous manner but in the last 6 months or so he was more interested in winning points than the actual debate with posters who werent even courteous or sensible to begin with and when someone like him gets involved in points scoring and running wars with others then its time to stop posting IMO.

I am pro Rafa and am prepared to give my reasons and views and I have to be honest that on a one to one level I have enjoyed exchanfing views with BM and Saint etc as I have never had any personal abuse off them but I have seen others rile them and they have bitten and riled others.

As for the Mods, no system is perfect but this is generally democratic and even though some things they have done baffle me 99% of it I either understand or am not that bothered but the constant questioning of mod decisions has wekened the site considerably

For those who want to abuse each other and have ludicrous arguments then all the best but the bad thing for this site is EVERY single thread goes down the same road and Im afraid to say that nearly all members have to burden that responsibility by their own actions whether to continue with petty arguments or like myself not bothering to post at all
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:03 pm

taff wrote:The abuse is bad on both sides.  To be honest the main thing that put me off the forum is when you post a view it gets ignored by a handful of people intent on point scoring and abusing each other. 

To unfairly single out Bigmick as an example as there are countless others, I enjoyed debate with him as even though we have different views he generally replied in a courteous manner but in the last 6 months or so he was more interested in winning points than the actual debate with posters who werent even courteous or sensible to begin with and when someone like him gets involved in points scoring and running wars with others then its time to stop posting IMO.

I am pro Rafa and am prepared to give my reasons and views and I have to be honest that on a one to one level I have enjoyed exchanfing views with BM and Saint etc as I have never had any personal abuse off them but I have seen others rile them and they have bitten and riled others.

As for the Mods, no system is perfect but this is generally democratic and even though some things they have done baffle me 99% of it I either understand or am not that bothered but the constant questioning of mod decisions has wekened the site considerably

For those who want to abuse each other and have ludicrous arguments then all the best but the bad thing for this site is EVERY single thread goes down the same road and Im afraid to say that nearly all members have to burden that responsibility by their own actions whether to continue with petty arguments or like myself not bothering to post at all

Nice to see you back Taff ,however brief that appearance  proves to be your considered opinion is always welcomed mate, as always a thoughtful post ,and there has been a dearth of them  lately .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:04 pm

Yep, good to see taff back, one of the best posters on here although we don't agree on much.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:06 pm

Thanks

I am amazed at the ridiculous arguments, there is nothing wrong with not liking Benitez as on the flip side there is nothing wrong with liking him, just state your reasons and reply sensibly with your counter debate.  Surely a lot better than going mental on the internet :D
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:06 pm

bigmick wrote:Yep, good to see taff back, one of the best posters on here although we don't agree on much.

Earnshaw :blush:  :blush:  :blush:

But I got away with it  :laugh:
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:16 pm

taff wrote:
bigmick wrote:Yep, good to see taff back, one of the best posters on here although we don't agree on much.

Earnshaw :blush:  :blush:  :blush:

But I got away with it  :laugh:

if forest get through the playoffs he'll be a premiership striker once more!   :p
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:54 pm

taff wrote:Thanks

I am amazed at the ridiculous arguments, there is nothing wrong with not liking Benitez as on the flip side there is nothing wrong with liking him, just state your reasons and reply sensibly with your counter debate.  Surely a lot better than going mental on the internet :D

Like you say Taff ,I think it stems from both sides refusal to concede any ground in the debate ,I think this is where the fundamental flaws appear in any possible concord
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:55 pm

Why is everyone using big words?

Some of us are f*cked off with Rafa, others blame other things... its that simple. and both sides are being pr!cks about it
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:26 pm

dawson99 wrote:Why is everyone using big words?

Some of us are f*cked off with Rafa, others blame other things... its that simple. and both sides are being pr!cks about it

Thanks Dawson ......... your awesome ???   
that notion would have totally escaped me, if not for your intervention  ??

I don't know you make a thread designed to promote a more structured debate and enable a touch of mutual agreement and all posters can see is the use of Big Words  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:31 pm

come on dawson your better than that.  I am discombobulated with that remark :D

If  you like big words then use them I hate inverted snobbery.

I love anti Rafa people as they stimulate debate :D

Peace offering
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion