All things Rafa (merged threads) - stick yer Rafa sh'it in here

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:48 pm

s@int wrote:I still believe the most frightening figures are the ones not shown in your table Mick. FIFTY-ONE PLAYERS BOUGHT and FIFTY-SIX PLAYERS SOLD. Thats an average of over 10 players in and 10 players out per season! Throw in a goalkeeper and you have a first team  :D

What do you mean throw in a goalkeeper, most of em WERE goalkeepers  :D .
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:51 pm

:laugh: :laugh:
account deleted by request

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:11 am

If Charles Itandje had been first choice this season we would be top of the table.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:11 am

look untill its 100% that we are not going to win the Prem this year keep him, but as soon as it is 100% then he must go, we have wasted to much time over the last 19 years with managers that could talk a good game but when it come down to results they fell very short, when it come to the Prem Rafa has come up short all the time.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:14 am

lakes10 wrote:look untill its 100% that we are not going to win the Prem this year keep him, but as soon as it is 100% then he must go, we have wasted to much time over the last 19 years with managers that could talk a good game but when it come down to results they fell very short, when it come to the Prem Rafa has come up short all the time.

Lets gid rid of Rafa and give Sammy Lee a 10 year contract. At least he is English and scouse.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raffmaker » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:16 am

Greavesie wrote:I've been back and forth on the matter and the questions raised by TheBaron are my concerns. While there is no assurance of money, a godd replacement or fear of a player exodus Rafa has to stay at the club

What player Exodus exactly?

Torres maybe and who?

no consequence.! they can all be replaced.
:D
Raffmaker

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:23 am

Raffmaker wrote:
Greavesie wrote:I've been back and forth on the matter and the questions raised by TheBaron are my concerns. While there is no assurance of money, a godd replacement or fear of a player exodus Rafa has to stay at the club

Torres maybe and who?

Players like Degen and Dossena only came to the club because of Rafa, if he leaves so will they. We simply can’t afford that to happen.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raffmaker » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:27 am

Cool Hand Luke wrote:
Raffmaker wrote:

Torres maybe and who?

Players like Degen and Dossena only came to the club because of Rafa, if he leaves so will they. We simply can’t afford that to happen.

Luke says who??? Degan and Dossena?

who is saving their skin exactly? I have not seen degan wear a red shirt despite his high profile signing  to anfield, and Dossena is a waste of space??

maybe if yuou come out more than once every 5 years you will know what yuou are talking of pal..

:down:
Raffmaker

Postby Effes » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:28 am

Season Position                                   Points                      Points behind leaders
07/08                         4th              76                           11
06/07                           3rd              68                            21
05/06                            3rd              82                               9
04/05                              5th                58                               37

03/04                             4th               60                              30
02/03                             5th                 64                               19
01/02                             2nd                 80                                  7
00/01                              3rd                 69                                 11

Discuss :D
Last edited by Effes on Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mighty mo » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:28 am

first contender for most stupid thread of 2009
mighty mo
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raffmaker » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:31 am

mighty mo wrote:first contender for most stupid thread of 2009

That was not vey nice baby. I will take it as an insult.

i presume you have an argument?

guess not!!
Raffmaker

Postby DAV » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:37 am

i love comments like that
why is this a stupid thread, however much we hate man utd can u really see them dropping alot of points. and this whole 5 years building thing, whats that about GH and RB 5 years each.
i hate the term building, all it means is millions and millions spent on failed signings.
and :censored: formations and team selections.
so tell me how long would you give a manager
Last edited by DAV on Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:53 am

Raffmaker wrote:My reasons:

1. He has only bought Alonso and Torres, the only players of any quality in FIVE SEASONS!

3. He buys players and does not play them oftem (ie: sissoko, Babel, Bellamy,crouch, Fowler etc)
4. he plays defensive formations every match 4-5-1, and is not brave enough!
5. he sometimes comes out with Houllier type comments.
6. He has had the money to spend. £200m plus.

Utter rubbish.

1. I take it Reina, Agger, Skrtyl, Riera, Mascherano, Arbeloa, Garcia and Fowler to name but a few are/were sh*te, then? Behave you noodle.

3. Rafa was practicing rotation long before he came to LFC, and got the job on the back of it - why expect him to change his methods?

4. Not brave enough? Come off it - judging by the reactions on here to a draw, could you blame him if he WAS too scared to lose a match? It would probably result in the biggest mass suicide in history!

5. "Houllier-type comments"? What the feck does that have to do with anything?

6. He has spent, by your own figure, £40m per season, despite having to replace all but 2 of the regulars when he started.

£40m is 1 player to Man Utd and Chelsea. It's a summer and January's spending for us.

All in all, another total overreaction by someone who can't control their fingers following a disappointing, but hardly catastrophic, result.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby DAV » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:55 am

o look who is here mr insult
so grif how long would u give a manager
and gh the same comments came from people like you
we would still have gh if u had your way
Last edited by DAV on Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
DAV
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:59 am

lakes10 wrote:
bavlondon wrote:I think it is the wrong time for this kind of thread. We should wait until after the Madrid game or even the Utd game as im sure if we get a good result there everyone will be back on his dick.

you must forget the CL game, Rafa will always do well in them, its the Prem we must look at, thats or day in day out game.

Stupidest comment ever made.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion