Lugano vs kewell - Get one; stick with the other

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby tel » Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:07 am

I am in Aus visiting my sister and went along to the World Cup qualifier to watch the Ossies VS Uruguay last night.

Am happy to say that Kewell absolutely starred. Havent seen him play like this since his early Leeds days. I thought he was losing his pace and skill since he moved to us, but it was all there on show last night. Confirming that its his head thats been the problem in the red shirt. He hasnt lost his talents.

He was being marked by our target over the summer Lugano. Gee he is class. Quick, reads the game, difficult to beat, organised. Any world class defender playing on Kewell that night would have been creamed. If Kewell plays like that for us, he'd make mince meat out of even the best premiership defenders like Terry and King.

It was one of the best battles I've seen for a while between a class defender and a talented player on his game.

I just want this Lugano kid to sign for us in January. He is top shelf.
tel

Postby wee_boi888 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:46 am

I'm pretty sure Real Madris are close to signing Lugano - but you are right, he looks top notch
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:48 am

Thats positive about Kewell, maybe we should start playing in yellow :D
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stoney » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:49 am

Paul C wrote:Thats positive about Kewell, maybe we should start playing in yellow :D

Bring back the old away kit  :D
stoney
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oakton » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:59 am

Kewell has played 60mins + injury time + 30 mins of extra time + Penalty.
surely he is fit enough to be in the starting line-up for Liverpool now.

oakton

Postby darwisigila » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:23 am

Aus had qualified for world cup...and kewell will be more motivated to play and show his old self..
lets hope he can reproduce his skill and talent to our squad and cement his place at left midfield.
darwisigila

Postby Effes » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:33 am

oakton wrote:Kewell has played 60mins + injury time + 30 mins of extra time + Penalty.

That surely is a season's work for the lad - he's put in his time.
Let him rest til next year at least!
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MilitiaRusher » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:43 am

tel wrote:I am in Aus visiting my sister and went along to the World Cup qualifier to watch the Ossies VS Uruguay last night.

Am happy to say that Kewell absolutely starred. Havent seen him play like this since his early Leeds days. I thought he was losing his pace and skill since he moved to us, but it was all there on show last night. Confirming that its his head thats been the problem in the red shirt. He hasnt lost his talents.

He was being marked by our target over the summer Lugano. Gee he is class. Quick, reads the game, difficult to beat, organised. Any world class defender playing on Kewell that night would have been creamed. If Kewell plays like that for us, he'd make mince meat out of even the best premiership defenders like Terry and King.

It was one of the best battles I've seen for a while between a class defender and a talented player on his game.

I just want this Lugano kid to sign for us in January. He is top shelf.

Hmm.... Buy this kid Lugano when Kewell (the lazy bum) is skinning him effortlessly?

In other words, lets keep Josemi.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gaunt » Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:17 am

Whole point of the thread was that Kewell wasn't being lazy and was playing top class again. Why then you call him a lazy bum and imply that Lugano is a :censored: defender if Kewell got the better of him at any stage? Personally i think Harry is about to come good and will be a major player this season.
Gaunt

Postby Red black white » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:44 pm

wee_boi888 wrote:I'm pretty sure Real Madris are close to signing Lugano - but you are right, he looks top notch

While it doesnt appear official news about this, Lugano is still our defender!

"They're big, they're strong", goes the São Paulo club anthem, and the words never seemed more appropriate[...]"FIFA.com
Red black white

Postby Ciggy » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:48 pm

Red black white wrote:
wee_boi888 wrote:I'm pretty sure Real Madris are close to signing Lugano - but you are right, he looks top notch

While it doesnt appear official news about this, Lugano is still our defender!

Wonder if he would like to join the Champions of Europe  :buttrock
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kopite » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:52 pm

I KNEW KEWELL WAS STARTING TO COME GOOD YOU COULD SEE GLIKMPSES WHEN HE WAS COMING BACK PLUS RAFA MUST RATE HIM IF HE STARTED HIM IN THE CL FINAL
kopite

Postby Ciggy » Fri Nov 18, 2005 11:57 pm

I cant wait to for harry to return properly TBH he was excellent the other day, it will save the club a fortune if he gets back to his best, the futures looking very bright for us indeed, Im a very happy bunny with the prospect of Harry on the left and Simao or who ever on the right.
We will get there in the end, and be the english champions within the next 3 years :nod
Cant bloody wait  :buttrock
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecake » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:16 am

tel wrote:I just want this Lugano kid to sign for us in January. He is top shelf.

Totally agree. I also watched the game. Credits went to Kewell who was in vintage form for the evening, but the young defender showed that he had the poise, talent, and know-how to at least run with him. A lesser player would have been seriously embarrassed due to Kewell's capabilities that night. Bring Lugano to Anfield, he is quality.

Oh yeah, look out for new and improved Harry Kewell. Awesome display last outing.  Defenders beware. (Fingers crossed)
cheesecake

Postby drummerphil » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:20 am

cheesecake wrote:
tel wrote:I just want this Lugano kid to sign for us in January. He is top shelf.

Totally agree. I also watched the game. Credits went to Kewell who was in vintage form for the evening, but the young defender showed that he had the poise, talent, and know-how to at least run with him. A lesser player would have been seriously embarrassed due to Kewell's capabilities that night. Bring Lugano to Anfield, he is quality.

Oh yeah, look out for new and improved Harry Kewell. Awesome display last outing.  Defenders beware. (Fingers crossed)

I hope your right about Harry i'm one of many who was very excited when we signed him........WILL THE  REAL HARRY KEWELL PLEASE STAND UP.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion