All the strikers are underperforming - So who now?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Poolinc. » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:45 am

passmeistro_#14 wrote:um,...
-we probally couldn't afford him
-adriano wouldn't come to us (although we are european champs)
-inter wouldn't sell him
-and finally, "would you really sell cisse, crouch and nando (even though that wouldn't cover it!) just to get adriano?"

Yes I would sell them and others to get adriano. I'd break the bank for him... As regards, him not leaving Milan, I wonder how loyal he is to them and from what I hear, Milan might be inclined to get shut of him, seems to be probs with turning up for training, pizzing off team mates etc..
I know how expensive he'd be, and his wage bill would be huge but if we wanna compete with the best in England and Europe on a regular and prolonged basis, we gotta compete with them in signing the best players..
We let Owen slip... We allowed Theo go to arsenal even though he fancied the Pool..
we lost yesterday for want of a striker. Think how we'd do with the best striker in the world playing for us, a guy who would score chances, half chances, and even when he had no chance at all... God it's good to dream and indicative of the torment of losing to those baztards yesterday. I don't ever want feel pain like that again...ever!
Poolinc.

Postby zarababe » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:57 am

You need to calm down MATE.. after a 12 match unbeaten run, get a grip and use some perspective
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mkingdom » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:11 am

KINGCANTONA1966 wrote:SO YOU NEED HELP GETTING OVER THE GOOD OLD GLORY YEARS UH? THE 80'S HAVE GONE.....GONE! SO COME ON! YOU AINT HAD NOTHING TO SHOUT ABOUT TILL LAST YEAR WHEN THE REF HELPED YOU WIN/FLUKE THE CHAMPS LEAGUE!!

WHAT YOU ALL NEED TO DO IS FIRST:

1, GET INTO THE CENTRY AND LEAVE THE 80'S BEHIND

2, TAKE YOUR LIVERPPOL GLASSES OFF

3, STOP GOING ON ABOUT THE PAST! ITS HISTORY!!

4, STOP TRYING TO KILL POOR WAITERS IN OTHER COUNTRIES

5, STOP STEALING CARS, GET JOBS AND STOP GRANNY STABBING!!

gary neville for prime minister!!

why cant you lot get over the 80's? you have been a shitty team for 15 years now! we are rebuliding a new team we had john o' in centre mid and giggs a winger in centre mid and you still could'nt beat us!

stop relying on stevie (chelski rent boy) gerrard!! if he plays  so do you!

how many times have you lot won the prem?? 0......NOT THE OLD LEAGUE BUT THE PREM??

its like man utd v's spain!

SO COME ON ADMIT UNITED ARE THE BIGGEST CLUB IN THE WORLD!![B]

As Burton Albion proved when they outplayed you last week, shocks happen in football all the time, and on any given day a lesser team can beater one that is far superior.

That's what happened on Sunday.

Well done for raising your game against the CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE!!

Good luck in the CL qualifiers next season.

:censored:!
mkingdom

Postby el_stinger » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:11 am

Poolinc. wrote:Yes I would sell them and others to get adriano. I'd break the bank for him... As regards, him not leaving Milan, I wonder how loyal he is to them and from what I hear, Milan might be inclined to get shut of him, seems to be probs with turning up for training, pizzing off team mates etc..

Is that someone we want at our club? P1ssing off team mates? Problems? Dont we have that already with a striker on our list? Come on mate, don't be a fool.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby luvliverpool » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:46 am

I would love to see Marek Mintal from Nurnberg in Germany at Liverpool.......has anyone seen him play??  The guy has talent!!! His position is Att Mid but he can play up front as well
Anfield The Home And Heart Of Football
luvliverpool

Postby 115-1073096938 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:15 am

Poolinc. wrote:
passmeistro_#14 wrote:um,...
-we probally couldn't afford him
-adriano wouldn't come to us (although we are european champs)
-inter wouldn't sell him
-and finally, "would you really sell cisse, crouch and nando (even though that wouldn't cover it!) just to get adriano?"

Yes I would sell them and others to get adriano. I'd break the bank for him... As regards, him not leaving Milan, I wonder how loyal he is to them and from what I hear, Milan might be inclined to get shut of him, seems to be probs with turning up for training, pizzing off team mates etc..
I know how expensive he'd be, and his wage bill would be huge but if we wanna compete with the best in England and Europe on a regular and prolonged basis, we gotta compete with them in signing the best players..
We let Owen slip... We allowed Theo go to arsenal even though he fancied the Pool..
we lost yesterday for want of a striker. Think how we'd do with the best striker in the world playing for us, a guy who would score chances, half chances, and even when he had no chance at all... God it's good to dream and indicative of the torment of losing to those baztards yesterday. I don't ever want feel pain like that again...ever!

He doesn't play for Milan. He plays for Internazionale. :)
115-1073096938

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:38 am

I don't ever want feel pain like that again...ever!

It comes with the territory.

Sooner or later, every team loses a few games.

Don't forget about the big picture.

- The best manager in Europe.

- Fighting for second place. Last season we were fighting for fourth.

- European Champions.

- A team and club progressing constantly.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rafarian » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:28 am

DEFIANT CARRA ISSUES A POSITIVE RALLYING CRY

Instead of dwelling on the late Rio Ferdinand goal that ended Liverpool's 12-game unbeaten run in the Premiership, Carragher insists the future remains brighter at Anfield than it does at Old Trafford.

"Obviously it's very disappointing to lose such a massive game, but we'll take a lot of positives from it," he says defiantly.

"When you look at the bigger picture, you can bet Sir Alex Ferguson would rather be in our position. We've two games in hand and we're still in the Champions League. We're still in the best position to challenge Chelsea and we've still got a chance of winning the top trophies.

"We never had a problem for the whole match until the last minute and overall, the signs bode well for the future.

"All the lads are gutted. We controlled the game, but I look back to 12 months ago when we lost to Southampton and there's a massive difference now to then. We've a lot to be positive about.

"The way they celebrated at the end showed how much it meant to them, particularly when realistically the game was all about second place.

"It's not sour grapes. I'm sure we'd have celebrated in the same way, but it does show they're a lot more worried about us in terms of the league than they have been for a while." :cool:
Rafarian

Postby 66-1137139704 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:41 am

Rafarian wrote:DEFIANT CARRA ISSUES A POSITIVE RALLYING CRY

Instead of dwelling on the late Rio Ferdinand goal that ended Liverpool's 12-game unbeaten run in the Premiership, Carragher insists the future remains brighter at Anfield than it does at Old Trafford.

"Obviously it's very disappointing to lose such a massive game, but we'll take a lot of positives from it," he says defiantly.

"When you look at the bigger picture, you can bet Sir Alex Ferguson would rather be in our position. We've two games in hand and we're still in the Champions League. We're still in the best position to challenge Chelsea and we've still got a chance of winning the top trophies.

"We never had a problem for the whole match until the last minute and overall, the signs bode well for the future.

"All the lads are gutted. We controlled the game, but I look back to 12 months ago when we lost to Southampton and there's a massive difference now to then. We've a lot to be positive about.

"The way they celebrated at the end showed how much it meant to them, particularly when realistically the game was all about second place.

"It's not sour grapes. I'm sure we'd have celebrated in the same way, but it does show they're a lot more worried about us in terms of the league than they have been for a while." :cool:

well said.

I might also add that blaming certain players,cisse and crouch in particular,will not lessen the hurt of losing.

Get behing your players ye reds :buttrock
66-1137139704

Postby Sarge » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:47 am

passmeistro_#14 wrote:for the rest of the season he will improve. he has great assets such as blistering pace and a powerful shot. and if he develops some composure and determination i believe we'll have a great striker on our hands.

How do you know he'll improve? I am sorry but i don't see it coming and probably never will.
Well he does have blistering speeds and gives powerful shots but check the statistics mate, how many shots were actually on target? Lad couldn't hit a barn door. Not good enough for a 14m player. Speeds and power are not enough when one does not have a footballing brain like gerrard or alonso for instance. And how much we bought alonso for? Not 14m. Garcia does not possess much speed or power but at least he's got the brain despite the trickiness and cockiness.
How do you think that cisse will be able to get composure and detrmination when week in and week out we give him the chance and he spoils it down the drain? You see, time is running out for us to wait for his prime. Big games are around the corner and I for one think that he should be rested for the rest of the season. Let pongolle and crouch assume the line.
I rate pongolle higher than cisse. Not only because of his goals at luton but for his many goals prior to that. He rises to the occassion and he's definitely worth more than cisse. Composure you say? Lad was 6 feet away from the goal line for pete's sakes!
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby 66-1137139704 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:16 am

Sarge wrote:
passmeistro_#14 wrote:for the rest of the season he will improve. he has great assets such as blistering pace and a powerful shot. and if he develops some composure and determination i believe we'll have a great striker on our hands.

How do you know he'll improve? I am sorry but i don't see it coming and probably never will.
Well he does have blistering speeds and gives powerful shots but check the statistics mate, how many shots were actually on target? Lad couldn't hit a barn door. Not good enough for a 14m player. Speeds and power are not enough when one does not have a footballing brain like gerrard or alonso for instance. And how much we bought alonso for? Not 14m. Garcia does not possess much speed or power but at least he's got the brain despite the trickiness and cockiness.
How do you think that cisse will be able to get composure and detrmination when week in and week out we give him the chance and he spoils it down the drain? You see, time is running out for us to wait for his prime. Big games are around the corner and I for one think that he should be rested for the rest of the season. Let pongolle and crouch assume the line.
I rate pongolle higher than cisse. Not only because of his goals at luton but for his many goals prior to that. He rises to the occassion and he's definitely worth more than cisse. Composure you say? Lad was 6 feet away from the goal line for pete's sakes!

we lose one game and you start slagging our players.
Cisse has not had a decent run of games nor has pongolle.
And cisse's lack of form was glaring yesturday as manure are a strong team especially at home.
But he tried and put a decent performance as he was the more threatening of our strikers.
I think it has to do with everyones expectations,that cisse would wreck havoc on the mancs defence which he did not,but he put a fairly decent display considering his lack of games.I think that is also why no one is talking about crouch...

My message is,trust the gaffa to know what is best for the team having learnt a bitter lesson from this game.At least we are still in the CL and have two games in hand to the mancs.

Support your players fickle fan :O
66-1137139704

Postby Sarge » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:35 am

MudFace wrote:But he tried and put a decent performance as he was the more threatening of our strikers.
I think it has to do with everyones expectations,that cisse would wreck havoc on the mancs defence which he did not,but he put a fairly decent display considering his lack of games.I think that is also why no one is talking about crouch...

My message is,trust the gaffa to know what is best for the team having learnt a bitter lesson from this game.At least we are still in the CL and have two games in hand to the mancs.

My judgement and I think most of the fans would agree that this originated even before the mancs game.
Well mr, how do you rate traore for instance? While everyone thinks that he's not a Liverpool material, do you think otherwise? How many chances we gave other spanish shipwrecks (josemi and the gang) before we came to point that they were not our type of players?
Truth is we've given cisse so many chances. I'd like to see him play regularly but as much as I would love to see traore improve, I come to realize that it might not happen. Now if you would want to argue about crouch, the lad is worthy of chances. Why? He has some qualities that cisse doesn't have. PASSION, BRAIN, & EFFORT.  I don't or never see cisse's display of passion, neither the brains nor the effort. Check out the other threads if you are not sure.
Apple to apple, chances are pretty well taken by kewell. Now that's a lad worthy of praise. Kewell and cisse share similar problem; long plagued injury, but between these players, as far as improvisation is concerned, anyone would vouch for kewell anytime.

How many more chances do we want to give him? Well, he got till the end of season to prove but I do not want to see him as the starting striker anymore. Do you want to see traore to replace carragher or finnan or even hyypia anytime by the virtue of giving chance? Do you favour traore instead of finnan or carra in the upcoming chelsea or benfica matches? I do not think so.

Rafa will be rafa and you will be you as I will be myself. But i believe most people are speaking in unison that cisse does not belong in this club. Whatever rafa decisions may be in the future, cisse will be among the first on the ship-out list. You would argue my point there, but having said that, that is exactly my point. You have yours, rafa has his, and I have mine.

And please do not question my allegience for the club eh! I come a long way even before you were born son
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby 66-1137139704 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:12 am

Sarge wrote:
MudFace wrote:But he tried and put a decent performance as he was the more threatening of our strikers.

My judgement and I think most of the fans would agree that this originated even before the mancs game.
Well mr, how do you rate traore for instance? While everyone thinks that he's not a Liverpool material, do you think otherwise? How many chances we gave other spanish shipwrecks (josemi and the gang) before we came to point that they were not our type of players?
Truth is we've give cisse so many chances. I'd like to see him play regularly but as much as I would love to see traore improve, I come to realize that it might not happen. On the other perspective, chances are pretty well taken by kewell. Now that's a lad worthy of praise. Kewell and cisse share similar problem; long plagued injury, but between these players, anyone would vouch for kewell.

How many more chances do we want to give him? Rafa will be rafa and you will be you as I will be myself. But i believe we are speaking in unison that cisse does not belong in this club.

And please do not question my allegience for the club eh! I come a long way even before you were born son

the double standards!!!

harry is finally playing well and it can only be good for the club as the goal against spurs demonstrated.
But he's certainly not at his 100% best as many of his passes are still aweful,but given a good run of games we will soon see the old kewell.
Cisse,despite not having a decent run of games,is currently our top striker and he can only get better.
Give im your support!!!

As for traore and every player who played a part in the champions league win,i wouldnt dare speak anything ill about them.The same goes for dudek,garcia and every player who played that day.We owe them some respect :bowdown:

You say you have been a fan longer than me,well,you seem to have forgotten how traore was consistent last season.In fact he was voted the most impoved player.Thats why he was given a new contract :)
This year he has had a shacky start to the season,first an injury then some unconvincing perfomances,but he has played really well in some big games this season including the chelsea games and manure at home.
You cannot compare him to josemi or diao who were useless to the team.

And i will say it again:Support your players ye fickle fan  :O
66-1137139704

Postby 66-1137139704 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:14 am

Sarge wrote:

Truth is we've give cisse so many chances. I'd like to see him play regularly but as much as I would love to see traore improve, I come to realize that it might not happen. On the other perspective, chances are pretty well taken by kewell. Now that's a lad worthy of praise. Kewell and cisse share similar problem; long plagued injury, but between these players, anyone would vouch for kewell.

How many more chances do we want to give him? Rafa will be rafa and you will be you as I will be myself. But i believe we are speaking in unison that cisse does not belong in this club.

the double standards!!!

harry is finally playing well and it can only be good for the club as the goal against spurs demonstrated.
But he's certainly not at his 100% best as many of his passes are still aweful,but given a good run of games we will soon see the old kewell.
Cisse,despite not having a decent run of games,is currently our top striker and he can only get better.
Give im your support!!!

As for traore and every player who played a part in the champions league win,i wouldnt dare speak anything ill about them.The same goes for dudek,garcia and every player who played that day.We owe them some respect :bowdown:

You say you have been a fan longer than me,well,you seem to have forgotten how traore was consistent last season.In fact he was voted the most impoved player.Thats why he was given a new contract :)
This year he has had a shacky start to the season,first an injury then some unconvincing perfomances,but he has played really well in some big games this season including the chelsea games and manure at home.

66-1137139704

Postby 66-1137139704 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:17 am

Sarge wrote:

the double standards!!!

Give im your support!!!

66-1137139704

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion