All the strikers are underperforming - So who now?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Sabre » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:16 pm

That's correct. It's not that they are not good enough. It's that they're underperforming, which is a different matter, because you can't expect an improvement from a cráp player, but you could expect it from those players.

I answered yesterday to Lynds (1) that there are not cheap strikers that are class. I was wrong. We've signed one  international Danish, Morten Skoubo (comes from Brondby), and I have not seen ANY striker that in 2 games, has impressed me the way he has. What a player. And not that I've seen cráp players in my team, we're famous for spotting on the best newbie strikers in the liga, rarely a striker we sign up underperforms:

Aldridge, Kovacevic (later in Juve), Nihat (Wanted), Kodro (played for Bar$a), Craioveanu (still playing in primera now with 36 years, so useful)....

This Morten Skoubo is utter class. I'll try to get some highlights for you! but he impressed me, he's like 1.92m Crouch, only that he has great jump, great header, and better finnish. He has equal or better control than him, and touches every fecking aerial ball.

Sometimes I need 15 games to know if a player is decent. But I do spot class when I see it. Even the Madrid press was astonished! and they like to mock at us (you know the bias very well, as well). 2 goal assists, many good passes, 1 superb goal, and provoked 4 cards in the enemy. What a companion for Nihat, that yesterday made 2 goals. The final score was 3-3, because we're Prieto+Skoubo+Nihat+8 cráp players. If only we had Gonzalez on loan, and Hamman to finnish his career here! we'd come back to europe. :down:

It's amazing how many overrated players there are, just because they play in the Liga or the Premiere. Ah, but if you have good scouts, you always find better players in some other leagues.

Sabre

(1) May I call you Lynds, I've seen many people does!
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1137139704 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:43 pm

Nihat would be the best cheap option(we seem to go form em cheap ones:angry: )

If it was up to me i'd spalsh money on Etoo
:cool:
66-1137139704

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:58 pm

henrik larson ona  free was a great shout. not one id thought of.

im gunning for anelka tho, altho i cant see beni going for that
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stetheo » Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:04 pm

i think out of the original couple that we should sign anelka he would b a great asset to the club and hopefully what we are looking for:)
stetheo

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:05 pm

Some good shouts in there, i was like John Craig of the opinion that Johnson was just having one of them freaky seasons that players sometimes have ala Marcus Stewart for Ipswich.
But although he has had bad luck with injuries he has still scored regular goals when he has played. His movement also is top notch, very clever and he could play of Crouch imo.
Depending on the price tag i would welcome a move for him but i wouldn't be held to ransom. 5 million tops.
Both spurs strikers are worth a look Keane and Defoe would fit in really well, Defoe would probably cost too much for Rafa to consider it, but Keane i think would be available for about 4.5 million...although probably not until after the african nations when Mido is back...by then the transfer window would of closed.
Anelka is an interesting option, there's the worry about the baggage that comes with him, but his ability is unquestionable and i think he would score 10 goals in the second half of the season no problem.
The larsson shout is a decent one, but while eto'o is away i dont think there is a chance of that.
It has been done in another thread, but i would take Fowler, he obviously is not the same player, but he still could play a part and would lift the club and the crowd if he came back.
My preferred option would be to go for Anelka, i think about 6 million would pick him up and also Robbie. We could bring Fowler on late in games it would lift the crowd and he is also not cuptied.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AlanHansen » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:48 pm

I'd get Owen back, he's selfish but he's an intelligent enough player to learn link-up as well, and he knows where the goal is.
AlanHansen

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:53 pm

AlanHansen wrote:I'd get Owen back, he's selfish but he's an intelligent enough player to learn link-up as well, and he knows where the goal is.

He's also injured for the next couple of months.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KINGCANTONA1966 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:02 pm

hello  why dont you all take off your liverpool glasses and see the truth? you are a middle table club! a couple of good months dont make you  good ! we are rebuliding our new team these last two seasons and you still cant beat us!you all need to get over the 80's!! and stop relying on stevie(chelski rent boy)gerrard!

we will be back to the top where we belong!! the BIGGEST club in the world

gary neville for prime minister!!  :devil:  :devil:
KINGCANTONA1966

Postby 115-1073096938 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:08 pm

KINGCANTONA1966 wrote:hello  why dont you all take off your liverpool glasses and see the truth? you are a middle table club! a couple of good months dont make you  good ! we are rebuliding our new team these last two seasons and you still cant beat us!you all need to get over the 80's!! and stop relying on stevie(chelski rent boy)gerrard!

we will be back to the top where we belong!! the BIGGEST club in the world

gary neville for prime minister!!  :devil:  :devil:

:laugh:
115-1073096938

Postby redmikey » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:09 pm

go away you bell end!

this is a football forum you obviously didn't watch the game so please bite off your own fingers get an infection and die!! slowly oh and get a web cam so i can watch.
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby 66-1120597113 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:10 pm

We should have taken a chance on Ashton from Norwich..but its too late for that now!

I don't think Raffa will sign a forward this window but i hope im wrong.
If he doesnt i would love to see young Pongolle given a run in the team,i mean 5 or 6 starts on the trot just to see how he performs!
Lets face it he could'nt do any worse than Cisse or Moro could he??

After yesterdays game i think Raffa should give priority to signing a good striker over filling the void on the right wing.Stevie is more than able of playing out there until the end of the season and we wont be left short as we have many options in CM!
66-1120597113

Postby drummerphil » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:11 pm

I agree with Lynds about Nando and Rafa's relationship they do seem to be best mates and Nando would probably be the  last one out the door.Its hard to look around and spot anyone who would do a job for us without some risk being involved....

Owen do we bite the bullet and find the money and get him back,the lad has made a silly move and we need each other badly.......but do we.......? ????  we won big ears without him.

Fowler i know many say he hasnt got it now but i disagree
loan him until the summer with a view to buy i say i'm convinced the real fowler would show in a red shirt hes only 30.

Larson  too old i fear but good shout.

My personal favourite was Ashton but he signed for West Ham yesterday bloody good buy that is........

Anyway we can all band names about  and i'm  not daft enough to think Rafa cant see the goal scoring problems we have, one goal every 9 chances is not good enough and in my opinion is more important than the winger he's after.
Last edited by drummerphil on Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:16 pm

michael owenn would be number one( but not likely to happen)

anelka . no feckin way he was never on side and passed less than a mastermind champ( quote from fowlers book that made me laugh)

defoe . rafa if you read this site please swap cissie for defoe . young english fast and skillful

and some of the other players people have even bothered to think of aren't going to take us foward let rafa scouting do his work, he won't be happy with it at the moment so we will have to have faith and se what he come up with .

at the mom i would give ping pong a chance he has all the attributes to be a world beater.
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby KINGCANTONA1966 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:28 pm

SO YOU NEED HELP GETTING OVER THE GOOD OLD GLORY YEARS UH? THE 80'S HAVE GONE.....GONE! SO COME ON! YOU AINT HAD NOTHING TO SHOUT ABOUT TILL LAST YEAR WHEN THE REF HELPED YOU WIN/FLUKE THE CHAMPS LEAGUE!!

WHAT YOU ALL NEED TO DO IS FIRST:

1, GET INTO THE CENTRY AND LEAVE THE 80'S BEHIND

2, TAKE YOUR LIVERPPOL GLASSES OFF

3, STOP GOING ON ABOUT THE PAST! ITS HISTORY!!

4, STOP TRYING TO KILL POOR WAITERS IN OTHER COUNTRIES

5, STOP STEALING CARS, GET JOBS AND STOP GRANNY STABBING!!

gary neville for prime minister!!

why cant you lot get over the 80's? you have been a shitty team for 15 years now! we are rebuliding a new team we had john o' in centre mid and giggs a winger in centre mid and you still could'nt beat us!

stop relying on stevie (chelski rent boy) gerrard!! if he plays  so do you!

how many times have you lot won the prem?? 0......NOT THE OLD LEAGUE BUT THE PREM??

its like man utd v's spain!

SO COME ON ADMIT UNITED ARE THE BIGGEST CLUB IN THE WORLD!![B]
KINGCANTONA1966

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:29 pm

UNITED skintest club in the world 500 million in debt  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion