All the strikers are underperforming - So who now?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 66-1137139704 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:20 am

sorry for the tripple post...bad internet connection
66-1137139704

Postby Sarge » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:25 am

MudFace wrote:
Sarge wrote:
MudFace wrote:But he tried and put a decent performance as he was the more threatening of our strikers.
I think it has to do with everyones expectations,that cisse would wreck havoc on the mancs defence which he did not,but he put a fairly decent display considering his lack of games.I think that is also why no one is talking about crouch...

My message is,trust the gaffa to know what is best for the team having learnt a bitter lesson from this game.At least we are still in the CL and have two games in hand to the mancs.

Support your players fickle fan :O

My judgement and I think most of the fans would agree that this originated even before the mancs game.
Well mr, how do you rate traore for instance? While everyone thinks that he's not a Liverpool material, do you think otherwise? How many chances we gave other spanish shipwrecks (josemi and the gang) before we came to point that they were not our type of players?
Truth is we've give cisse so many chances. I'd like to see him play regularly but as much as I would love to see traore improve, I come to realize that it might not happen. On the other perspective, chances are pretty well taken by kewell. Now that's a lad worthy of praise. Kewell and cisse share similar problem; long plagued injury, but between these players, anyone would vouch for kewell.

How many more chances do we want to give him? Rafa will be rafa and you will be you as I will be myself. But i believe we are speaking in unison that cisse does not belong in this club.

And please do not question my allegience for the club eh! I come a long way even before you were born son

the double standards!!!

harry is finally playing well and it can only be good for the club as the goal against spurs demonstrated.
But he's certainly not at his 100% best as many of his passes are still aweful,but given a good run of games we will soon see the old kewell.
Cisse,despite not having a decent run of games,is currently our top striker and he can only get better.
Give im your support!!!

As for traore and every player who played a part in the champions league win,i wouldnt dare speak anything ill about them.The same goes for dudek,garcia and every player who played that day.We owe them some respect :bowdown:

You say you have been a fan longer than me,well,you seem to have forgotten how traore was consistent last season.In fact he was voted the most impoved player.Thats why he was given a new contract :)
This year he has had a shacky start to the season,first an injury then some unconvincing perfomances,but he has played really well in some big games this season including the chelsea games and manure at home.
You cannot compare him to josemi or diao who were useless to the team.

And i will say it again:Support your players ye fickle fan  :O

I am not talking about double standards or whatever your points you are trying to make against me. I've read most of your posts and I don't see much quality and I am pretty sure that you are nothing but a glory hunter LOL!! You see, I am not going to waste my time to post stupid stuff and much of one liners in the forum just to take off the "newbie" tag like you do.
Whatever the point you are trying to make, just realize that this is a different liverpool from last year. We now carry heavier burden because we are the champions of europe... 5 f*ckin times!! As a champion, we need championship materials. That's all there is to it.
BTW, If you know rafa so well, please ask him why he favours reina instead dudek? Ain't dudek the hero?
http://www.pbh2.com/humor/soccer-dive-gifs/attachment/soccer-dive-gifs-2/
Sarge

Postby 66-1137139704 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 10:32 am

Sarge wrote:I am not talking about double standards or whatever your points you are trying to make against me. I've read most of your posts and I don't see much quality and I am pretty sure that you are nothing but a glory hunter LOL!! You see, I am not going to waste my time to post stupid stuff and much of one liners in the forum just to take off the "newbie" tag like you do.
Whatever the point you are trying to make, just realize that this is a different liverpool from last year. We now carry heavier burden because we are the champions of europe... 5 f*ckin times!! As a champion, we need championship materials. That's all there is to it.
BTW, If you know rafa so well, please ask him why he favours reina instead dudek? Ain't dudek the hero?

read b4 you reply.
And about my post being a one liner,makes me wonder what drugs you are on  :O

Dudek was injured and is much older than reina who is for the future...thats probably why ye fickle fan.
Read b4 you reply.
66-1137139704

Postby primodua » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:01 pm

MudFace wrote:
Sarge wrote:I am not talking about double standards or whatever your points you are trying to make against me. I've read most of your posts and I don't see much quality and I am pretty sure that you are nothing but a glory hunter LOL!! You see, I am not going to waste my time to post stupid stuff and much of one liners in the forum just to take off the "newbie" tag like you do.

read b4 you reply.
And about my post being a one liner,makes me wonder what drugs you are on  :O

Dudek was injured and is much older than reina who is for the future...thats probably why ye fickle fan.
Read b4 you reply.

i agree with sarge that as a 5 times european champion, we have raised every expectations and standards in general. What sarge is  trying to say is that cisse is not up to the current liverpool standards as 5 times european champions. Don't just watch but analyze. I myself agree with the majority bunch that cisse should part ways with liverpool. He can't read the team, he can't win 2nd balls or he doesn't want to, his attitude towards the game stinks, bla bla bla...
We have been waiting for his prime time but yet to come. We have been patience with him but patience does carry expiry date.
Just to comment on dudek, probably you got your statistic partially right. Injury was just the excuse, but then again consistency was the true reason why rafa prefered reina. Age? No. That is not the issue if you want to play the "its all about experience" issue. You should ask yourself this, why would rafa signed reina when he has a far more experienced keeper like dudek and carson? IMHO it is dudek's consistency stats that persuaded rafa to seek alternatives. Age is never a factor in football especially with goalkeepers. Arsenal's david seaman was in his late 30s but still Wenger's first choice keeper, and that paraguay keeper was in the late 30s and still represents paraguay in international soccer, the scums kept schmeichel as the starting keeper till his mid 30s.
As a champion, we need to bring out the best of the team week in and out. Just watch how barcelona plays every week. Their consistency is second to none. To achieve greater consistency, we need consistent players and I for one do not see that quality in cisse. That goes for other inconsistent players like morientes, crouch, or even garcia.
There is a fine line between a reactive fan and proactive fan. As a fan, we see the macro point of view of what is actually happening in the team and as a fan it is within our rights to comment on the team's performance. Being reactive, we just accept whatever things may come like you but proactive fans like most lots know what needs to be change. We were right about bringing in a new CB and RM. And now we are going to be right again to get a new replacement for cisse.

eat liverpool, drink liverpool, sleep liverpool
primodua

Postby darwisigila » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:27 am

whats your connection to cisse mudface? are u playing together at auxere? everyone on this forum want to get rid of cisse. and that judgement not because we lose on sunday but long before that. Like rushie said, we cannot afford to carry a passenger ( cisse ).
darwisigila

Postby darwisigila » Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:41 am

rafa should sell cisse to conference team....to get more games playing as a striker.
darwisigila

Postby AussieKopite » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:46 pm

Is it time we delve into South America for a decent stiker, maybe an Argentinian or a Spanish-speaking Brazilian(to cut down language difficulties)?
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Butters11 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:28 pm

Just a suggestion, but what do people think of Andy Johnson? I think he would team up well with Crouch and also the rest of the team as he would have no language issues.  If Crystal Palace don't get promoted he might be looking to move.
Butters11

Postby stmichael » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:51 pm

del piero's contract is up at the end of this season. he's still a class act at the age of 31. i think he's juventus' top scorer this season.

the main stumbling block would be wages though.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Pakat » Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:55 pm

Or why don't we get Defoe
Pakat

Postby mikopool » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:50 am

Defoe is a replica of Cisse (he just scores slightly more often because he has range)
" Some people say football is a matter of life and death, I don't like this attitude, I can assure them, its much more serious then that "

- Billy Shanks.

For life.
mikopool

Postby darwisigila » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:19 am

rafa never go for a star or household name..so we can forget trezequet, del piero, ibrahimovic, torres, david villa, adriano?, shevy.....................
As long as rafa can keep winning ( trophy ) not just game, we must stand by him. But as a big club, i think we should break the bank once in a while like :censored: did when they signed theo.
darwisigila

Postby gato_busta » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:27 am

Don't really know if anyone has posted about him yet, but I think a good signing for the future would be argentine Sergio Agüero. He is only 17 years old and is a striker at independiente in Argentina. He has been playing for the first division team since he was 15 years old and people in argentina already wan't him playing on the national team.

I was also reading el grafico and there was an interview to him. He claimed to be a micheal owen fan and that he started watching european football following liverpool. He also claimed he would love to play in england although the english game is "medio jodido" :D . don't think he would be too expensive as another red fan teenage striker that chose to go to arsenal.
"Jugadores hay muchos, ídolos muy pocos"

Descansa en paz Claudia (9/10/1984 - 11/25/2007)
gato_busta

Postby tel » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:21 am

Garymac wrote:Like Andy Gray Said yesterday how good would this Liverpool team be with RVN and Rooney upfront, we would win the league, no doubt, so why on earth dont the board back Rafa big time knowing we are possibly a World class striker away from a title winning team.

And if Rafa was prepared to pay 12 mil for Simao, id rather see some of that money go on Pennant.

Too right. That's exactly what we need. A world class striker.

You're not going to dominate the premier and champions league every year without a superstar leading the line.

What is Barcelona without Etoo or Ronaldinho? What is Milan without Schevchenko? Juventus without Ibrahimovic or Arsenal without Henry? And dare I say it, the scum mafia team of crooks are 100% better when Crespo plays.

We are a good team, we have improved immensely, but we struggled last season with all our strikers injured at some stage, and this season, our strikers are struggling full stop.

We are not going to recreate the glory years of the 70s and 80s with the likes of Crouch.

Even at Valencia, Rafa's team was packed with internationals and stars that were the best in their respective positions in the Spanish league. Canizares, Ayala, Abelda, Baraja, Aimar, Vicente would walk into any team in the world.

I can understand not paying 16m for a player we sold the year before for 8. But I dont understand why its OK for Barcelona to pay 25m for Henry (if he goes), OK for Chelsea to pay 16m for Crespo, while we pay 7m for Crouch who is a lovely fellow, but in the same league as Schevchenko, Ronaldinho or Crespo??? no he is not.

Give Rafa the money you tight ar sed suit monkeys. And Stop felching each other
tel

Postby laza » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:58 am

AussieKopite wrote:Is it time we delve into South America for a decent stiker, maybe an Argentinian or a Spanish-speaking Brazilian(to cut down language difficulties)?

Not sure about that mate, there hasnt been that many South Americans who have set the EPL on fire. Though there has been plenty of flops
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion