Strikers

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby andy_g » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:08 pm

people who thought crouch was rubbish today or is rubbish at any other time are seriously deluded. if you watch todays game carefully you'll see that crouch was one of our players with the more assured touch, ideas and ability to bring others into the game. many times he held up the ball and brought others into play intelligently. the player is not the problem, the system is the problem. and its not just about wingers. people could ping crosses in all day at his head, his feet, his chest, his b*ll*c*ks, whatever - but if there's no-one there to feed of his touch then he's wasted.

i was one of the first to say 'peter feckin crouch?? no way!!' when i heard we we're goingto buy him - but my eyes have opened and seen that the lad is a fine player for us. right now he'd be on my team sheet before many others.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby gary106 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:21 pm

lay off crouch, he isnt a lone striker but a link up one. today he showed hw good his link up play was but unfortunately, due to tactics, this had to be with the midfielders and not with another striking partner. if the quality of the wingers was there then im sure he would of scored by now. how many decent crosses hve there been for him to get on the end of. his first touch is superb and then he plays it nice and simple. imagine him flicking on for someone with cisses pace to latch onto
gary106

Postby rafazredz » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:23 pm

john craig wrote:
Doeboy wrote:Crouch - What a waste of money. Squad player at best. Was dead against his signing in the first place and nothing as happened for me to change my mind. Southampton must have been laughing all the way to the bank.

That's it mate, stick the boot into one of our players who actually performed reasonably well today :no

You're too harsh on Crouch im my opinion, but I do agree that we could be doing with bringing in another striker in January.  Cisse will never be Benitez's cup of tea and we're going to have to replace him sooner or later.

no crouch has done nothing he cant header he cant control he cant do anything
rafazredz

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion