All the strikers are underperforming - So who now?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Mikz » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:44 pm

A defender scored and thats maybe because everyone was too busy watching their strikers (of high calibre) Thats when you can rely on the other players chipping in with goals.
    And if we hadve won ,strikers maybe  wouldnt have been mentioned, until they let us down again. And believe me they would have.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby teamleader1 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:37 pm

passmeistro_#14 wrote:you just have to wonder.... If Cisse/Crouch or Nando had scored and won the utd game. would we have people on here asking for new strikers? ??? i think not!

Your wrong -

The reaction about cisse and nando is not all about them not scoring yesterday, its about the realisation that they are not going to make the grade in this LFC side - nando may turn it around but Cisse is a lost cause, he spends more time holding his hands to the heavens and shaking his head , hes had more than enough chances to prove himself and hes failed on the vast majority of the them. we must replace him with an established natural striker sooner rather than later,
dont take my word for it Rafa knows the player better than any of us and he has no long term plans for him other than getting shut.
I for one have stopped sticking up for cisse,its time to hold our hands up and admit hes nothing like a 14mil player should be,we can and Must do better than him if we are to continue the great strides weve made under Rafa
teamleader1

Postby El Nino_#9 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:01 pm

i agree with you that he is not in rafa's long term plans.
and i'll agree with you that he is frustrating when he does'nt put much effort in....
BUT-
how you can say his had "MORE than enough" chances i dont know.
in his first season he was virtually out for the whole season.
and this season he has been deployed onto the right wing (not his natural position), also added onto that, he didn't even start at the beginning of the season! rafa seemed to of favoured nando and crouch.
I would at least give him the rest of the season to prove himself!
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby teamleader1 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:22 pm

Can you honestly say that your happy with his contribution?

we are talking about a 14mil player here- wether hes playing in goal should make no difference to his ball control-

his attitude is amongst the worst ive seen-before he broke his leg I remember one game at anfield when carra screamed at him to mark up on a free kick - he just stared at him and never made any effort - I dont think hes changed much- do you?
teamleader1

Postby Poolinc. » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:39 pm

Right I'm putting my hand out to be slapped yet again, but what we have ain't good enough and what's been suggested, Anelka, Fowler, Owen, Keane , Defoe et al, are just not going to happen, or, are not what we need to get back on top!! We need world class!! I've said it before and I'll say it again and again! If we got Adriano, we'd rule the world!! I don't give a rat's :censored: what he costs, we could raise it somehow! Sell Nando, sell Cisse, sell any other mediocre fcuker not good enough to don the red!!Where's our bloody Champion's League spondoolux?? The £20m or so they said we'd earn by winning it?? Get Adriano and bugger the cost!
Right! Slap me!!
Poolinc.

Postby El Nino_#9 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:41 pm

i'm not saying i'm happy with his contribution (altough he has been our top goalscoring striker in all competitions!)
i'm trying to argue that we shouldn't sell him anytime soon. i think if he starts week in week out up front (not right wing) for the rest of the season he will improve. he has great assets such as blistering pace and a powerful shot. and if he develops some composure and determination i believe we'll have a great striker on our hands. maybe not 14million pounds worth-but i never thought he was worth that when houllier bought him anyway....

has that made my point any clearer??
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby El Nino_#9 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:48 pm

Poolinc. wrote:Right I'm putting my hand out to be slapped yet again, but what we have ain't good enough and what's been suggested, Anelka, Fowler, Owen, Keane , Defoe et al, are just not going to happen, or, are not what we need to get back on top!! We need world class!! I've said it before and I'll say it again and again! If we got Adriano, we'd rule the world!! I don't give a rat's :censored: what he costs, we could raise it somehow! Sell Nando, sell Cisse, sell any other mediocre fcuker not good enough to don the red!!Where's our bloody Champion's League spondoolux?? The £20m or so they said we'd earn by winning it?? Get Adriano and bugger the cost!
Right! Slap me!!

um,...
-we probally couldn't afford him
-adriano wouldn't come to us (although we are european champs)
-inter wouldn't sell him
-and finally, "would you really sell cisse, crouch and nando (even though that wouldn't cover it!) just to get adriano?"
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby teamleader1 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:16 pm

passmeistro_#14 wrote:i'm not saying i'm happy with his contribution (altough he has been our top goalscoring striker in all competitions!)
i'm trying to argue that we shouldn't sell him anytime soon. i think if he starts week in week out up front (not right wing) for the rest of the season he will improve. he has great assets such as blistering pace and a powerful shot. and if he develops some composure and determination i believe we'll have a great striker on our hands. maybe not 14million pounds worth-but i never thought he was worth that when houllier bought him anyway....

has that made my point any clearer??

I understand your point and to be fair it was proberly the same one I once held about him - its more based on hope than any practical proof he has shown us ,for me enough is enough - he MIGHT come good - MIGHT seems to be the recurring theme with Cisse- nobody pays 14mil for a might be.
He hasnte got the footballing brain to go with his speed or the attitude of a true proffesional
speed is no good without the skill otherwise linford cristie would have played for england
teamleader1

Postby El Nino_#9 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:26 pm

teamleader1 wrote:

its more based on hope than any practical proof he has shown us

He has shown a lot of promise. surely him being our top goalscoring striker is some sort of proof.

speed is no good without the skill otherwise linford cristie would have played for england

You cannot even compare cisse with linford christie. cisse is faster!
:D

Seriously though. Cisse does have the skill, he just needs an attitude adjustment! somethin a rollacking from the manager and the skipper cant fix surely!  :;):

All i'm saying is give him until the end of the season. And if he plays like he did last game, consistently through the campaign then i'll except its time to say goodbye to the lord....
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby teamleader1 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:40 pm

He wont go until summer anyway but he will go-

I get the feeling with Cisse that even if he did settle down and showed some decent form he would never be consistant-
his head goes down if its not going for him - he seems to lose interest-what I would really like would be half the bung money Houlier got from cisses agent for inflating his value   :D
teamleader1

Postby ivor_the_injun » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:44 pm

I genuinely think that the rotation with the strikers - not to mention continually moving him out wide to accommodate a sub - is causing Cisse problems.

I do think he's a better player than we've seen lately, and with a run of starts we'd see a drastic improvement, but I just don't see that happening. With so many strikers banging on the door every week, you can't justify sticking with one guy. Crouch has been almost ever present purely because he's been consistent, but none of the other 3 have for me, and until one of them hits a rich vein of form, or we make another signing up front, I have a bad feeling we'll be going round in circles for a bit.
ivor_the_injun

Postby El Nino_#9 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:49 pm

in all fairness either cisse or nando will leave at the end of the season.

it seems that rafa likes to start crouch most times due to his consistency. but then your stuck with a problem.
both nando and cisse are (in there minds) regarded as 1st team players. and imo, will not stand to be rotated over and over again.
cisse especially hates being rotated! you can tell when the lad comes on the pitch for the last 10 minutes of a game.
FACE LIKE THUNDER!
:blues: :D
El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:55 pm

it seems that rafa likes to start crouch most times due to his consistency. but then your stuck with a problem.
both nando and cisse are (in there minds) regarded as 1st team players. and imo, will not stand to be rotated over and over again.
cisse especially hates being rotated! you can tell when the lad comes on the pitch for the last 10 minutes of a game.
FACE LIKE THUNDER!

In all fairness I admit that some of you bash Morientes. He's not doing what he's capable of. But in all fairness aswell his discipline when he has been rotated has been spotless. To say what you're saying is to speculate.
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby el_stinger » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:55 pm

KINGCANTONA1966 wrote:SO YOU NEED HELP GETTING OVER THE GOOD OLD GLORY YEARS UH? THE 80'S HAVE GONE.....GONE! SO COME ON! YOU AINT HAD NOTHING TO SHOUT ABOUT TILL LAST YEAR WHEN THE REF HELPED YOU WIN/FLUKE THE CHAMPS LEAGUE!!

WHAT YOU ALL NEED TO DO IS FIRST:

1, GET INTO THE CENTRY AND LEAVE THE 80'S BEHIND

2, TAKE YOUR LIVERPPOL GLASSES OFF

3, STOP GOING ON ABOUT THE PAST! ITS HISTORY!!

4, STOP TRYING TO KILL POOR WAITERS IN OTHER COUNTRIES

5, STOP STEALING CARS, GET JOBS AND STOP GRANNY STABBING!!

gary neville for prime minister!!

why cant you lot get over the 80's? you have been a shitty team for 15 years now! we are rebuliding a new team we had john o' in centre mid and giggs a winger in centre mid and you still could'nt beat us!

stop relying on stevie (chelski rent boy) gerrard!! if he plays  so do you!

how many times have you lot won the prem?? 0......NOT THE OLD LEAGUE BUT THE PREM??

its like man utd v's spain!

SO COME ON ADMIT UNITED ARE THE BIGGEST CLUB IN THE WORLD!![B]

The 90's have gone, as well as your chance at becoming Champions of Europe. How many times have you won it? didn't you get played off the park? Didn't it take a cheat of a referee to allow the injury time it took for that ugly :censored: hobbit to score? One word, Keane. He knew where Man Ure are at with their drunken alcho manager, he sodded off quick smart. lol, stop reliving the 80's, what about the 70's and early 90's? lol, at least we have a tradition that goes way beyond the last half of the 90's. Now feck off little rant, and go back to your vermin on your pitch at Castle Greyskull. Your fooling yourself, as Sunday was a fortunate win against a far superior team. Congratulations on your decline, it been a long time coming.
Last edited by el_stinger on Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
el_stinger
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gaunt » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:16 am

KINGCANTONA1966 wrote:how many times have you lot won the prem?? 0......NOT THE OLD LEAGUE BUT THE PREM??

Why do Mancs keep going on about the Premiership when we say we have won more league titles? The only difference is Sky bought the rights to show it. Its the same league, same teams. Are they really that stupid that they think the Premiership is some sort of completely different incomparably harder to win elite league or something?   ???
Gaunt

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion