Ciggy wrote:Mince Pie or Steak & Kidney Saint? :D

s@int will only eat kidney harvested from the third world and PRESTON :D

:eyebrow

you can have mine, im on dialysis  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:57 am

Number 9 wrote:
s@int wrote:I don't think Neil got banned for abuse mate (I certainly didn't report him anyway), I think he got banned for deliberately going against what Bob had just told him about not looking for trouble and abuse, even to the extent of using the same insults that Bob had just said DON'T USE. I think it was more of a self inflicted wound by Neil rather than anything else. He was basically just asking for a card or a ban. Certainly if you have any brains you don't go suggesting a mod should find an alternative forum and then do exactly what you have just been told not to by that same mod. To further exacerbate things he also carried his argument over into other threads (which from what I understand  is yet another big mistake), if you are arguing keep it in the one thread at least then you are only ruining one thread and not half a dozen.

As for Stu, I think everyone knew he was on borrowed time, it was just a case of him overstepping the mark once too often. A great football poster but if the mod's keep turning a blind eye to his abusing people they would sooner or later have to justify that when someone else gets banned. A real shame because I think Stu brings a lot to the forum. Maybe someone could edit his posts BEFORE they are posted and take out all the insults and just leave in the footy chat.

Are you serious??

Someone should edit Stus posts BEFORE they are posted,like sit and read every one before they hit the board and take out the nasty bits? :D
The bottom line is the fella is an arrogant ignorant self obsessed little jumped up moron who thinks the world will stop spinning if he fell off it he's that far up his own @rse!
It was only a matter of time till he got banned again.
As you say he know's his footy and can put together a good post but theres no need for all the slabbering that comes with it.Should have been banned long ago!

I put your name forward for the job Barry, your not as easily shocked by bad language as the rest of us more sensitive souls.  :D
account deleted by request

Postby Sabre » Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:41 pm

I believe in the recovery of the posters. Look Barry, once regularly Banned, now a candidate for mod. :D

Stu probably needed a ban aswell, but I'm happy that this has been his longest spell in newkit, almost from March without being banned. I think that if he could maintain the attitude he was able to keep in the early months when he came back he could stay even longer. I think it's precisely the bans what makes the more passionate posters to think about their behaviour. Make no mistake, I don't like it when he chooses one poster, calls him clueless and then insists on it. I don't like it neither when he insults Ciggy, but I think than in the early weeks after his last ban he was able to avoid that. The good thing about Stu is he talks lots of football, and IMHO, very often he makes sense, except about Rafa. He's prolific in talking football (1000 posts from march) and that helps the footie discussion when he doesn't pursuit posters.

As for Neil, I don't know all the details, but it seems it will be a short rest, so no problem.

As for Bamaga, well, he apologized, and I hope he'll return smoothly aswell at some point despite I don't like him :D.

I think that those rests might be a good idea if are respected, I for one have all the faith the mods take the decissions for the forum's good. They're the ones that have all the info about everything, it's a tough and thankless job, so I trust them.

A little comment about cards, members that have no fights should see their cards removed, Babu, who almost never causes trouble still has two, and I can't remember a fight from supits from long ago, but he still has one. And remove one of Lando FFS :D
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:05 pm

give lando one more i say Image

Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:15 pm

I don't usually like making statements like this but a couple people have raised the question in a few different threads now so...

For the record, Neil was temporarily sin-binned because he was deliberately antagonizing people and looking for fights all over the shop without engaging in any football discussion.  He obviously is frustrated with the amount of criticism that Rafa and the lads come in for on here but he went about objecting to it in the wrong way.  I've also got very little tolerance for the 'feck off and support your local team' retort in general and particularly when it's used to fan the flames of conflict in multiple threads.  As such, he was given a cooling off period and I hope we can put this little blip behind us when he returns.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Judge » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:32 pm

Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:47 pm

Bad Bob wrote:the amount of criticism that Rafa and the lads come in for on here but he went about objecting to it in the wrong way. 

well I say - is this the way to gret rid of the pro -Rafa brigade, a dwindling and priceless commodity we are  :D

Bring back Neillllll  :buttrock
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:17 pm

What about this Zara :-

No amnesity - serve your sentences sinners !! 

Once again the wrongdoers arebeing rewarded - what is this place coming too .. ay 

:D

Postby supersub » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:34 pm

s@int wrote:Maybe someone could edit his posts BEFORE they are posted and take out all the insults and just leave in the footy chat.

tried that but all that was left was the team line up for the day :laugh:
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby fivecups » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:45 pm

Bad Bob wrote:I don't usually like making statements like this but a couple people have raised the question in a few different threads now so...

For the record, Neil was temporarily sin-binned because he was deliberately antagonizing people and looking for fights all over the shop without engaging in any football discussion.  He obviously is frustrated with the amount of criticism that Rafa and the lads come in for on here but he went about objecting to it in the wrong way.  I've also got very little tolerance for the 'feck off and support your local team' retort in general and particularly when it's used to fan the flames of conflict in multiple threads.  As such, he was given a cooling off period and I hope we can put this little blip behind us when he returns.

I disagree with the anti-OOT sentiments Bob as well - but he's hardly the first scouser to have echoed them and most don't an outright ban. Was he carrying any warning cards?
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:19 pm

supersub wrote:
s@int wrote:Maybe someone could edit his posts BEFORE they are posted and take out all the insults and just leave in the footy chat.

:laugh: Yeah I thought that might be the problem  :D

Postby Effes » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:26 pm

It's like Animal Farm here :D
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:48 pm

Support your local team bob , that way the moose (or is it mooses or meese ) won't be so cold at nights .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:52 pm

supersub wrote:

having said that, judging by some of the line ups, that was dwindled down to one name from the initial 11  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Quadrophenia » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:07 pm

Lets be honest who cares? People get banned, whoopty do it's the internet. It's hardly gonna change people's lives. What makes it worse is the idiotic behaviour of other memebers. If somebody starts mouthing (or typing) off they are looking for one thing, a reaction. If you give it to them, which has obviously been the case, then they get what they want.

I've wound people up for a very long time in life and have been wound up meself by others. It's called having a laugh, which this place seems to lack more often than not. Every single word is taken literally, you have to spell it out if you mean to be sarcastic and then you get the different cultures combining. It's not being xenophobic because I'm including people from Britian and Liverpool. What somebody from Allerton might find funny, might go over the head of say a person from Speke or even worst offend the Speke person which causes aggro and scraps when it was a joke. Obviously this a world wide forum where different cultures, beliefs and all the rest of it are combined but everybody (except me because I'm perfect) needs to stop jumping on somebody's post without thinking it through. There's been many incidents where I've seen jokes that people haven't understood and it's caused problems. Just relax and if you don't understand the point then ignore it. No need to start a scrap, just ignore it and let it go.
We are the Mods
We are the Mods
We are
We are
We are the Mods
Quadrophenia

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum