Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby killerp » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:58 am

jacdaniel » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:45 pm wrote:What worries me is that i have no confidence FSG will be able to get things right if they do make changes. 

First it was Comolli and Kenny.
They fired just about everybody at the club around that time. 

Then they apparently wanted a DOF. 
Then they hired Rodgers but there was no DOF. 

Now it looks like after 4 years of ownership, they might have to tear it all up and start from scratch again. 

We can criticize the manager and committee all we want but what evidence is there to suggest FSG will make things right? 
What use are sponsorship deals / bigger stadium if we keep wasting money? 

End of the day, it doesn't matter who manages us on the field as long as we get so much wrong off of it.  Thats my biggest worry anyways!

My thoughts exactly!

They are nice Yanks but clueless in football.

I hear the royal Qatar family wants to buy an English club...  we missed our last chance lets not miss this one :devil:
killerp

Postby Bermenstein » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:18 pm

I would Love to believe that the first half of this Season has been a complete hangover from Last years almost champions effort.
With the loss of Suarez, the injury to Sturridge, the mental exhaustion of Gerrard of so nearly being crowned champion, it has been a lot to overcome this season so far.

To beat Arsenal this weekend would be a massive boost for the players, manager and us fans. If our rookie manager is to ride out this storm, he has got to galvanize them right now, and prove he is the guy to lead the club, to what seems like a majority of fans, who have lost faith in him.

We need a great run of results to sober everybodys thoughts and bring back the confidence and optimism surrounding the club.

A few months to get it right. And a successful signing in January please.....
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:20 pm

BR is really going of the rails:

1: He says, The performance against Arsenal was better than the 5 - 1 LFC beat them last season. What? Come on BR…… and,

2: Why was BR complaining about the pitch? The pitch was in good condition. Again, this is BR trying to blame other personnel (i.e. ground staff) because it highlights his failings as a Coach

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby The_Rock » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:35 am

To add on to Kash's post.....

here's another quote by the grand wizard himself.

“The other night at Bournemouth, in an attempt to find a solution, we were playing 3-4-3. A British coach playing 3-4-3? He must have fallen on to that system by luck,” . “It might not have been that I was awake until the early hours of the morning thinking how we might do it?

“A foreign coach would be a tactical genius – playing Markovic wide, using Raheem Sterling as a free number nine, moving with penetration, playing with a box midfield and a back three – I must have just dreamt that and thrown it out there"

why I think Rodgers is the wrong man for the job ? It because of statements like the above. A win against a championship team and he basically spells out all his tactics to anybody who bothers to listen to him. Patting himself on the back because no one else gave him credit for switching to 3-4-3. Basically telling the whole world this is how he is gonna setup his team.

And the worst thing is that he wants to gain sympathy points from the press because he is British ?  :no

Look I have no doubt Rodgers will become a good/great manager in the next decade or so. But can we as a club wait for him to learn the ropes slowly (yes....he seems to be a slow learner.....does not even have one ounce of proactiveness, likes to surrounded himself with yes-men, picks players on favouritism..etc) ?

So we LFC fans (along with Millions around the world) waiting for the moment (which could take more than a decade) when Rodgers finally grasps the finer aspects of management.... ??? Jesus. And then what ? He goes on to manage Barcelona ?

This job offer came too soon for Rodgers... If he was a smarter man, he would have underplayed his importance to the team, working behind the scenes to improve every aspects of this team so as to prove that he is indeed the right man for the job. Keep it low profile. Hire the right coaching team who has experience in coaching players involved in European competitions. So when $hit hits the fan, we the fans might be a little more condoning to his plight.

So what does he do instead ? He spends the summer acting like a horny teenager. Wasted so many f**king months of this season trying to shoe-horn Gerrard and Johnson into the team. Talks about other team managers. Talks about other team's ambition. Signed off every f**king interview about how happy he is with the summer signings (then proceeds to throw players like balotelli and Can under the bus)....  He is even more David Brent that Ricky f**king Gervais.

And only now (after months of doing $hit), he seems to be doing something about the way we setup our team. And even that has some plot holes (Dropping Mignolet for Jones, putting Gerrard back to protecting the defence). Its just getting too much. The way Rodgers sets up his team, there would always be some plot holes. Either we are too open...or we have no cutting edge in attack. This guy just does not know how to balance the team properly.

So we can either wait and wait and wait and Rodgers (slowly) becomes a good manager or we cut our losses asap when we get a good European experienced manager.  My mind is made up.

And if I can add...lets not make Rodgers as if he is some kind of messiah. When he 1st came to our club he did mention that he was only interested in staying for a few years and he will move on to better things (spain ? therefore all his butt-kissing in Spanish a few weeks ago to the Spanish press). Rodgers is only interested in himself.   The 1st LFC manager ever to blame the anfield pitch....wow.
Last edited by The_Rock on Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:47 am

@ The Rock, that was a really good read, your spot on with that analysis  :nod
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:48 pm

What makes me laugh about all this is that you will all be hailing him as a great manager again in a couple of months time when we are firing on all cylinders.
You watch what happens when we sign Begovic and get Sturridge back.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:13 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Dec 23rd, '14, 16:48 wrote:What makes me laugh about all this is that you will all be hailing him as a great manager again in a couple of months time when we are firing on all cylinders.

Well, I certainly hope LFC bring in a GK at the very least (FFP).  LFC can't wait a couple of months to get everyone firing on all cylinders, may be to late by then. DS is great scoring goals, but how will he help the defence? The defence needs sorting, and merely bringing in a new GK may not be the answer.  It's plain to see that the defence is all over the place, yet BR still refuses help in this area.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:26 am

Wow, what a difference a few games makes...

All of a sudden now after a 3-0 defeat, a 2-2 draw and a 3-1 against a side in the league below we're f*cking quality. We've clearly turned the corner and the way the manager tactically outwitted Bournemouth FC was incredible. The £220,000,000 wasted? Forgotten mate... that was a masterstroke.

I read some muppet say he'd give this season so far a grade C...

10th place a grade C? F*ck me... there's low standards then there is that.

A big fat F doesn't even cover it. The fact we're relying on players like Lucas, Kolo Toure and Brad Jones is ridiculous, the fact Johnson, Skrtel and the likes are still playing regularly is a disgrace as is the man in charge and the sooner this idiotic clown gets the boot the better.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:47 am

I think he is an F, what I don't like is the fact he seems to want scapegoats in the team to blame when things aren't going well, Mig, Mario for instance and even Lovren. As the manager he should take full responsibility for the failures but he doesn't want any sh1t sticking to him and you can see this by the way some fans are hailing him already after a couple of improved performances and ignoring the glaring issues we are still facing in defence. I suppose one day he will pair a couple of CB's like Coates, Ilori or Sakho together that works and come out the the press conference and say he dreamt it, hailing himself as a tactical genius.

What he needs to do is get the defence sorted, stop picking favourites and keep his mouth shut, I am getting fed up of these interviews which are basically used as his PR campaign.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stu the Red » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:02 am

What improved performances are these?

Am I Missing something here?

We got f*cked 3-0 at old trafford, and don't give me that Sh*t about De Gea being in great form, fact is, we lost the f*cking game 3-0. We got a last minute DRAW against Arsenal, and beat a team in the league below.

How the effing hell can anyone even suggest improved performances?

They're improved when we win games. End of f*cking story.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:36 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:48 pm wrote:What makes me laugh about all this is that you will all be hailing him as a great manager again in a couple of months time when we are firing on all cylinders.

??? What are you about YAka? Season is a failure already ,out of the CL ,our best hope is maybe scratching at the 4th spot and we have barely reached midterm, huge loss of transfer funds...failed on all fronts no idea what your expectations were...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby RedAnt » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:25 pm

The_Rock » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:35 am wrote:To add on to Kash's post.....

here's another quote by the grand wizard himself.

“The other night at Bournemouth, in an attempt to find a solution, we were playing 3-4-3. A British coach playing 3-4-3? He must have fallen on to that system by luck,” . “It might not have been that I was awake until the early hours of the morning thinking how we might do it?

“A foreign coach would be a tactical genius – playing Markovic wide, using Raheem Sterling as a free number nine, moving with penetration, playing with a box midfield and a back three – I must have just dreamt that and thrown it out there"

why I think Rodgers is the wrong man for the job ? It because of statements like the above. A win against a championship team and he basically spells out all his tactics to anybody who bothers to listen to him. Patting himself on the back because no one else gave him credit for switching to 3-4-3. Basically telling the whole world this is how he is gonna setup his team.

And the worst thing is that he wants to gain sympathy points from the press because he is British ?  :no

Look I have no doubt Rodgers will become a good/great manager in the next decade or so. But can we as a club wait for him to learn the ropes slowly (yes....he seems to be a slow learner.....does not even have one ounce of proactiveness, likes to surrounded himself with yes-men, picks players on favouritism..etc) ?

So we LFC fans (along with Millions around the world) waiting for the moment (which could take more than a decade) when Rodgers finally grasps the finer aspects of management.... ??? Jesus. And then what ? He goes on to manage Barcelona ?

This job offer came too soon for Rodgers... If he was a smarter man, he would have underplayed his importance to the team, working behind the scenes to improve every aspects of this team so as to prove that he is indeed the right man for the job. Keep it low profile. Hire the right coaching team who has experience in coaching players involved in European competitions. So when $hit hits the fan, we the fans might be a little more condoning to his plight.

So what does he do instead ? He spends the summer acting like a horny teenager. Wasted so many f**king months of this season trying to shoe-horn Gerrard and Johnson into the team. Talks about other team managers. Talks about other team's ambition. Signed off every f**king interview about how happy he is with the summer signings (then proceeds to throw players like balotelli and Can under the bus)....  He is even more David Brent that Ricky f**king Gervais.

And only now (after months of doing $hit), he seems to be doing something about the way we setup our team. And even that has some plot holes (Dropping Mignolet for Jones, putting Gerrard back to protecting the defence). Its just getting too much. The way Rodgers sets up his team, there would always be some plot holes. Either we are too open...or we have no cutting edge in attack. This guy just does not know how to balance the team properly.

So we can either wait and wait and wait and Rodgers (slowly) becomes a good manager or we cut our losses asap when we get a good European experienced manager.  My mind is made up.

And if I can add...lets not make Rodgers as if he is some kind of messiah. When he 1st came to our club he did mention that he was only interested in staying for a few years and he will move on to better things (spain ? therefore all his butt-kissing in Spanish a few weeks ago to the Spanish press). Rodgers is only interested in himself.   The 1st LFC manager ever to blame the anfield pitch....wow.

He made me laugh vs Arsenal when giving Gerrard some instructions. Most cover their mouths and whisper. Not BR. He was chuntering away like mad, hands slashing here and there to illustrate his point. I was chuckling. I think it was during Skrtel's injury if you want to see it.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:15 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:48 pm wrote:What makes me laugh about all this is that you will all be hailing him as a great manager again in a couple of months time when we are firing on all cylinders.

Meanwhile :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/30597284

Apparently he's done very well ,with particular emphasis on the word 'LOYAL'   ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:31 pm

only me » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:36 am wrote:

??? What are you about YAka? Season is a failure already ,out of the CL ,our best hope is maybe scratching at the 4th spot and we have barely reached midterm, huge loss of transfer funds...failed on all fronts no idea what your expectations were...

The season is only halfway through mate so I don't know how you can declare it a failure already, okay we are out of the CL but we still have a chance of winning the FA cup, Europa League and League cup.
Arsenal (the bookies favourites to finish 4th) are only 5 points ahead of us and we just played them off the park a couple of days ago. Given our upturn in form and run of fixtures it wouldn't surprise me if we catch them by the end of January never mind next May.
Has this season been great? No it certainly has not but it's not yet a total write off either.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby The_Rock » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:23 pm

RedAnt » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:25 pm wrote:He made me laugh vs Arsenal when giving Gerrard some instructions. Most cover their mouths and whisper. Not BR. He was chuntering away like mad, hands slashing here and there to illustrate his point. I was chuckling. I think it was during Skrtel's injury if you want to see it.

He is even more David Brent than Ricky f**king Geravis......

RED BEERGOGGLES » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:15 pm wrote:
Apparently he's done very well ,with particular emphasis on the word 'LOYAL'   ???

Loyal is another word for "yes-men"..........the type of people he likes to surround himself with.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion