Job too big for Rodgers?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Is the job too big for Rodgers and last season was a flash in the pan down to Suarez carrying us?

Yes
55%
No
36%
Not sure
9%

Total votes : 78

Postby Santa » Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:59 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:46 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Fri Dec 26, 2014 1:30 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:42 am wrote:I just don't see the point in dragging up old press conferences just to have a go at the manager. It's like having a go at him for getting his teeth done, it's petty.
it just comes across like your having a go at the man more than his managerial skills

I have never had a go at him over his teeth or his bird or anything personal, I couldn't give a toss what he does in his private life as that's his business.
He provides plenty of ammo in the form of his supposed managerial skills without having to resort to cheap shots at his personal life.

That wasn't directed at you mate (or anyone else in particular), it's just that I've seen the odd comment thrown in here and there and IMO there's no real need for it.

I don't know the man, the background or the details...but if someone is so quick to ditch his other half and quickly attached to his new bird, then it just show the man's standing and principle. If he's to carry on where he left off last season, then it will be adios to us. Fuck the 5 years plan etc it's pasture new. Nothing wrong with that just observing a man's principle. This view may be wrong from another perspective but it is my view nevertheless as I attach significance to all these kind of things.

Don't give a toss about his teeth, could be a good move for the image.

The next 6 months will give us a good clarity of his football management skills, so far the jury is still out and I'm not having a whole lot of confidence in this man. Again...my view
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:06 pm

Being a successful manager consists of a lot of elements as well as having talented players. There has to be a team spirit, unity, strong leadership on and off the field, passion, unbelievable focus and a large slice of luck. The relationship with the media is, unfortunately, a major part of the modern managers responsibilities. I do wish that sometimes our manager would stop talking and say less and while I understand his enthusiasm in wanting to explain to people what hes trying to do, it does sometimes come out wrong. Everything is scrutinised to the finest detail and the more you say, the more there is to criticise. Rodgers has said many silly and cringey things, but his honesty shouldnt be questioned. He is not a bullshitter or liar like purple nose was. He is not a boring, self centred pr'ick like morinho is. And hes not a deluded fantasist who tells the fans what they want to hear, like martinez.
He is a straight talking man who Im sure honestly believes the things he says at the time he says them. But as I have already stated, he doesnt have to give a detailed answer to every single question these gobsh'ite journalist put to him.
Stop being so Fu*king nice B-ROD!!
Thommo's perm

Postby Doeboy » Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:52 pm

Apparently Klopp has quit Dortmund today. Just shows how quickly things can change, flavour of the month earlier this year and all gone pear shaped for him
Doeboy

Postby The_Rock » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:37 pm

Doeboy » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:52 pm wrote:Apparently Klopp has quit Dortmund today. Just shows how quickly things can change, flavour of the month earlier this year and all gone pear shaped for him

wow, how did you get this news ?  Only Wikipedia seems to have this news as I write this.

He would be a good asset to our team. Maybe FSG can sign him as a DOF figure 1st and if things don't improve replace Rodgers cum end of the season.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:04 pm

They are all unconfirmed rumours courtesy of Indikaila. The man is apparently in Dubai on holiday.
Think we could do better than him TBH.
On the DOF role, No way is Rodgers going to accept one, And definitely not one who will have one eye on his job.
Changes do need to be made in how we are procuring players but rodgers will walk before he will accept them imo. We do need to make those changes now as all I see is more of the same mistakes happening if they are allowed to carry on as it currently is.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby eds » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:37 am

red till i die!! » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:04 pm wrote:Changes do need to be made in how we are procuring players but rodgers will walk before he will accept them imo. We do need to make those changes now as all I see is more of the same mistakes happening if they are allowed to carry on as it currently is.

Agree 100% but this means having to remove the owners as they are behind this whole cheap or young player "strategy" nonsense.

Unfortunately there is a massive PR machine that has brain-washed a lot of so called "fans" that they are doing an exceptional job.

I can bet you that if Rodgers were to be dismissed they would just bring in another young and inexperienced manager to make the same mistakes Rodgers has been making with player purchases. No manager worth his salt would consider coming to Liverpool while these owners continue to fleece us with this whole "moneyball" madness.

It's laughable hearing forum members cry out for Rafa Benitez to return. He would never work for us under these ridiculous player constraints. Neither would FSG even consider hiring him because of these exact same reasons.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:55 pm

eds » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:37 am wrote:
red till i die!! » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:04 pm wrote:Changes do need to be made in how we are procuring players but rodgers will walk before he will accept them imo. We do need to make those changes now as all I see is more of the same mistakes happening if they are allowed to carry on as it currently is.

Agree 100% but this means having to remove the owners as they are behind this whole cheap or young player "strategy" nonsense.

Unfortunately there is a massive PR machine that has brain-washed a lot of so called "fans" that they are doing an exceptional job.

I can bet you that if Rodgers were to be dismissed they would just bring in another young and inexperienced manager to make the same mistakes Rodgers has been making with player purchases. No manager worth his salt would consider coming to Liverpool while these owners continue to fleece us with this whole "moneyball" madness.

It's laughable hearing forum members cry out for Rafa Benitez to return. He would never work for us under these ridiculous player constraints. Neither would FSG even consider hiring him because of these exact same reasons.

While i do think a portion of transfers has to meet certain moneyball criteria instilled by the owners it has been made far worse by the manager and his woeful eye for a player. The only criteria they meet is on the age front because the majority aren't even worth what we paid and chances are they won't increase either, even with inflation  :D 
I'm not sure either at how much influence they have as there is no way any manager would put his head on the line if someone else was buying the players. We lost out on players like costa, salah, mhktaryan etc because we wouldnt pay the extra but yet that wasn't a problem when we increased our opening bids for allen and lallana. I do think they make the money available but its the clown thats spending it that the issue lies with. They gave kenny a wedge also and he bought mature players with the only potential being hendo and coates, the rest were established players. when they gave rodgers the nod they wanted van gaal as a dof and he refused it outright leaving us with the mess of a committee we now have.

I don't believe rodgers is a yes man, completely the opposite.He is a little dictator who does things his way from signing players to what he puts on the pitch. They couldn't be happy with the return they are getting from the players as half of them are out on loan running down there contracts and ultimately their resale value. He didn't want carroll and was allowed to take a massive hit on him, It looks like they are going to take another hit on balotelli and that might not be so bad if we were taking in from sales but thats another area that they are making a mess of. If they Install a new manager and the same problems persist then its time for them to pack up and leave as then it would be clear where the problem is because at the moment its just speculation as to what their involvement really is.

They are not ever present at the club and FWIW i reckon they work by figures and budgets and as long as those clowns keep the sheets in line with the budgets then they aren't required to dip into their own pockets. If anything i'd say their biggest mistake they are culpable of is letting ayre and rodgers run the show.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:24 pm

I think he deserves a bit of credit for turning things around. Yes he's made mistakes but he also managed to come up with a system that has us playing well again, and he's done it not only without the services of Suarez but Sturridge too.
A lot of us last year (me included) thought our attack carried the rest of the team, one or two (not me I hasten to add) thought that Brendan was a one trick pony that got lucky when he inherited Suarez, well Brendan has us playing great football again and he's done it without either of the two top scorers from last season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:55 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:24 am wrote:I think he deserves a bit of credit for turning things around. Yes he's made mistakes but he also managed to come up with a system that has us playing well again, and he's done it not only without the services of Suarez but Sturridge too.
A lot of us last year (me included) thought our attack carried the rest of the team, one or two (not me I hasten to add) thought that Brendan was a one trick pony that got lucky when he inherited Suarez, well Brendan has us playing great football again and he's done it without either of the two top scorers from last season.

Yaka it all boils up to expectations. If you expected us to be in the 8th seed coming the new year and out of the CL while playing dreadful football then you are more pessimistic then i am.
And while you give credit to BR for having us playing great football (Yesterday) without our leading strikers you don't fault him for not finding an adequate replacement with unlimited funds at his disposal ,that's just not being honest mate.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:36 pm

there is a good chance we will be in the top 4 after our next 3 prem games, all 3 games are games that we SHOULD win. the teams above us have harder games, lets see what happens.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:42 pm

only me » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:55 am wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:24 am wrote:I think he deserves a bit of credit for turning things around. Yes he's made mistakes but he also managed to come up with a system that has us playing well again, and he's done it not only without the services of Suarez but Sturridge too.

Yaka it all boils up to expectations. If you expected us to be in the 8th seed coming the new year and out of the CL while playing dreadful football then you are more pessimistic then i am.
And while you give credit to BR for having us playing great football (Yesterday) without our leading strikers you don't fault him for not finding an adequate replacement with unlimited funds at his disposal ,that's just not being honest mate.

Come on mate, give him a break.
To expect us to lose Suarez and then seamlessly carry on playing exhibition stuff isn't being realistic, because Luis was the hub of our team there was always going to be a transition period and yes the transitional period has been a lot worse than we all thought but to be fair to Brendan he basically lost his entire strike force from last season.
As for Brendan not finding an adequate replacement for Luis in the transfer market? The days when Liverpool managers had total control over who comes in and out of the club are well over mate, a computer has more say than Rodgers these days.
Anyway I think a lot of fans have been too quick to condemn the signings, a lot of them were written off before they'd barely got through the door.
As for being 8th if the season ended on New Year's Day mate then that would be a problem but it runs until next May, there's a long way to go yet.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:13 pm

Last season was a fluke, a freak, an accident and people would do well to try and forget about it. It has raised peoples expectations through the roof and we have suffered because of that. Although we scored 100 goals we also conceded 50, which shows that we already had problems before this season kicked off.
I really hope that we can start building on last night and that the fans get behind the players and the manager to spur them on, rather than continuously moan and bitch about what might have been.
COYMRM!!!
Thommo's perm

Postby only me » Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:33 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:42 pm wrote:
only me » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:55 am wrote:

Come on mate, give him a break.
To expect us to lose Suarez and then seamlessly carry on playing exhibition stuff isn't being realistic, because Luis was the hub of our team there was always going to be a transition period and yes the transitional period has been a lot worse than we all thought but to be fair to Brendan he basically lost his entire strike force from last season.
As for Brendan not finding an adequate replacement for Luis in the transfer market? The days when Liverpool managers had total control over who comes in and out of the club are well over mate, a computer has more say than Rodgers these days.
Anyway I think a lot of fans have been too quick to condemn the signings, a lot of them were written off before they'd barely got through the door.
As for being 8th if the season ended on New Year's Day mate then that would be a problem but it runs until next May, there's a long way to go yet.

As we are heading nowhere i'll just offer this last insight. Their is an ocean of difference between "transitional period" and not having ONE recognized top striker ready to play as season starts ,and if someone claims it was a total surprise losing Daniel i'll say he is an amateur this is has be the Manager biggest task and he didn't foresee it and didn't mitigate it. As to his control over transfers ,well it's very sad if what you say it's true ,i'm pretty sure he is much involved in the dealings and if not should have insisted his whole scouting team be sacked. And lastly my friend being 8th place with virtual no chance on winning the EPL at this stage is embarrassing and the fact we are "hoping" to get 4th place is also pathetic. We had the time we had the money we have the whole squad bar Luis/Daniel and this is where we at. Not good enough in fact not acceptable.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:05 pm

Let's see where we finish at the end of the season, if we manage to qualify for the CL again I think that would constitute real progress, the last time we qualified for the CL in consecutive seasons was 2009 when Rafa was in his pomp.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Boocity » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:09 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:05 pm wrote:Let's see where we finish at the end of the season, if we manage to qualify for the CL again I think that would constitute real progress, the last time we qualified for the CL in consecutive seasons was 2009 when Rafa was in his pomp.

Yes it would but the way we are playing now and the team that is playing is a world away from our CL exit game. You have to ask the question of why it has taken him so long to get to this position, why did he continue to play inept teams and tactics most of this season, why has he persiisted with non performing players and playing people out of position. What concerns me is that he will persist with SG even when it affects our high intensity play and push players such as Johnson back into the team when they become available again. I still struggle to accept the way we exited the CL and BR must take full responsibility for that.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion