Sunderland v Liverpool Monday 2nd Jan KO 15:00

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:29 pm

parchpea » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:07 pm wrote:Rubbish another let down.

Same problem every year where weve enough until we hit a busy period and the quality of squad crumbles under pressure.

Chelsea may screw up but with players jetting off and Sturridge crocked its a really bad day.

Club needs to show intent and buy first team players ready to go in and upgrade the squad but we all know it will be every excuse in the book and another flat window.

Yep, the deficiencies in our squad are plain to see, if we'd have had Coutinho, Hendo and Matip available for today's game we would be breathing down Chelsea's neck now but the fringe players in our squad are just not good enough to come in and help us sustain a title winning pace.
We need to sign quality players, the type of big time players that come to the fore at crucial moments like today.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:32 pm

Disappointing result seeing as we took the lead twice but in the end I think Sunderland wanted it more and fought harder. I don't think it was tiredness even though that seemed to be the buzz word from the commentators because we played less than 48 hrs ago. That's a lame excuse imo as it didn't bother us in the previous 2 sets of fixtures where we played later than others and we had enough time to conserve ourselves.

Its not the end of the world but it is 2 points dropped against opposition we should have beaten  :(
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:38 pm

Should have won, champions win games like this. Lets hope Spurs somehow manage to get something from the chelsea match.

I guess another speed bump was expected and around the corner. I knew we won't win all of these games in our busy period.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:05 pm

Someone said it could be an important point come the end of the season. That is ridiculous.

Sunderland are in the bottom 3, got battered 4-1 by Burnley and with 15 mins left we were winning 2-1. Nothing precious about this point.

So frustrating. These kicks in the balls every now again against these midtable/poorer sides really wind me up, even though we didnt lose today
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:10 pm

red till i die!! » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:32 pm wrote:Disappointing result seeing as we took the lead twice but in the end I think Sunderland wanted it more and fought harder. I don't think it was tiredness even though that seemed to be the buzz word from the commentators because we played less than 48 hrs ago. That's a lame excuse imo as it didn't bother us in the previous 2 sets of fixtures where we played later than others and we had enough time to conserve ourselves.

Its not the end of the world but it is 2 points dropped against opposition we should have beaten  :(

Spot on mate, City had the exact same amount of recovery time as us and played with 10 men for over an hour yet still managed to win, and that was against a team who handed Sunderland their @rse two days ago!
IMO it's squad depth which is costing us, in the second half there today we were without Coutinho, Henderson, Matip and Milner who would all be considered first team starters. We just haven't got the strength in depth to sustain a title challenge when missing so many of our better players. We need to get the chequebook out pronto.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:33 pm

Post-match interview here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FupJNg1-O4c

Don't think I've ever seen Klopp so frustrated.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Welshwizard » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:37 pm

Lucus groietic Stewart ajaria moreno gomez origi sturridge Arnold they are all good enough to come in and beat Sunderland. Lallana, cann, millner, firmino, mane, winni they all looked like they were running on empty
Welshwizard
LFC Basic Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:40 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:10 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:32 pm wrote:Disappointing result seeing as we took the lead twice but in the end I think Sunderland wanted it more and fought harder. I don't think it was tiredness even though that seemed to be the buzz word from the commentators because we played less than 48 hrs ago. That's a lame excuse imo as it didn't bother us in the previous 2 sets of fixtures where we played later than others and we had enough time to conserve ourselves.

Spot on mate, City had the exact same amount of recovery time as us and played with 10 men for over an hour yet still managed to win, and that was against a team who handed Sunderland their @rse two days ago!
IMO it's squad depth which is costing us, in the second half there today we were without Coutinho, Henderson, Matip and Milner who would all be considered first team starters. We just haven't got the strength in depth to sustain a title challenge when missing so many of our better players. We need to get the chequebook out pronto.

True mate. I said this the other day, Chelsea have Costa and Kante suspended and they bring 2 ex Barca players Fabregas and Pedro in. That is what we are up against and it is what makes the difference, especially when the games come thick and fast.

Dont really want to over react as we didnt lost but more frustrated with the nature of today i.e again winning with 15 mins but couldn't hold out plus 2 pens given away
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:52 pm

Next game against Mancs at OT is going to be massive. They are currently beating West Ham and if we lose at OT, they will only be 2 points behind us. Really is so tight in that top 6. One bad or average result seems to really seems to haul you back at the moment
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:53 pm

We should first concentrate on solidifying top 4. Mancs are on form and breathing down our necks. If we lose they will be a few points behind us.

We have not got a quality squad to compete for the title.
One or two injuries and we struggle to cope.
Lovren/Klavan have been on form but in reality both are not reliable solid CBs.

Places for top 4 will be heavily contested for the remainder of the season. It will be extremely tight.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:49 pm

Their first pen certainly didn't look like a pen to me, but I could be wrong as it looked like he just ran between two of our players and decided he was just going to fall before he even got There. Can had that handball but since he was right next to the player you really won't see it called. Either way we can't be reliant on calls going our way to win.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:12 pm

Just watched the darts final to try and take my mind off todays result. I know there's still a long, long way to go and there'll be many twists and turns along the way but for some reason this feels as bad as losing the Europa League final.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:20 pm

Personally, can't really complain about the first pen. As soon as their player knocked the ball forward, any little contact and he was going down and there was enough contact for the ref to call it.

Klavan's reaction afterward suggested he knew he had caught him
Doeboy

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:15 am

Couldn't bring myself to watch MOTD. 2 points dropped against a side going down. Utter stupidity to handle in the box. How insane is that. Let's face it, we won't win the league with amateur defending like this...
Need squad reinforcing urgently.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:37 am

Long way to go yet many possible outcomes, loads of twists and turns.

Time to get our minds off the Prem and look forward to a couple of cup ties.
I hope we win a cup this season. Klopp has to break his finals curse.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games