Man City vs Liverpool Sat 9th Sept 12:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:40 pm

algymoon » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:33 pm wrote:Did everyone thinks that the Nutcase can back up the win against Arsenal with another win? Not a chance!, especially when out best CB Klavan plays, who can guarantee to give at least one or two goals away! Whereas the Nutcase is fully knowing that his squad is very short in the weak department. What does do sell his real best CB!  It is f*cking madness.

His team selection and style of play is a carbon copy of last season, with few average  and expensive  addons, the like of Salah who needs six chances before he can convert one goal. Firmino is useless as ever, Mignolet was nervous cannot kick the ball, and he was ready to give a goal away! It is the same f*cking Sh*t story of last season, and the nutcase’s faithful should get used to it.

Mane was unlucky it was 50/50 challenge and he went for the ball, however, the f*cking referee did chicken out.

Please be real and don’t get excited over the win against  Arsenal it is a long season and more Sh*t will come out from this top manager the f*cking Nutcase!.

When he revert to back three in second half with CAN who is never a CB, the clever manager made easy to top City’s strikers, who was scoring for fun and they have toyed with our non-existing defence, City were attacking with four or five player and overloading our Sh*t defence.

I knew the joy over the Arsenal wouldn’t last, it was just on off game, and Arsenal players did play for their manager. We don’t have a strong and clever manager who can change games with various good plans during the game, but not we have a manager who has one and only style of play, the heavy metal and hypes! Which it never win any f*cking things!

yes indeed outrageous to lose to City at Manchester...Nutcase.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:01 pm

City are always capable of tearing you apart when you are down to 10. We played 53 mins (+ injury time) with 10 men so just over one half.

The concern for me is we didn't seem to have a leader or characters out there who could roll their sleeves up and say although we are down to 10 men, we are not going to get hammered here. There was a kind of inevitability to it all sadly.

Our brilliant attack covers up so many inadequacies at the other end. When we went to 10, I really don't what our plan was? In that situation you want to keep a solid shape and have a pacey option on up top. I know Salah didnt have a great game today, but I really would have been inclined to keep him on and leave him up top while keeping a solid shape behind him. Salah wasted a couple of really good opportunities however he was giving Otamendi a lot of trouble and you could see him being sent off for them. Was he taken off because of injury? Without Mane, he was the only real pacey option we had.

Just didn't seem as though we had any real plan after going down to 10. Moved Can into a back 3 but that move didn't work
Doeboy

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:04 pm

algymoon » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:33 pm wrote:Did everyone thinks that the Nutcase can back up the win against Arsenal with another win? Not a chance!, especially when out best CB Klavan plays, who can guarantee to give at least one or two goals away! Whereas the Nutcase is fully knowing that his squad is very short in the weak department. What does do sell his real best CB!  It is f*cking madness.

His team selection and style of play is a carbon copy of last season, with few average  and expensive  addons, the like of Salah who needs six chances before he can convert one goal. Firmino is useless as ever, Mignolet was nervous cannot kick the ball, and he was ready to give a goal away! It is the same f*cking Sh*t story of last season, and the nutcase’s faithful should get used to it.

Mane was unlucky it was 50/50 challenge and he went for the ball, however, the f*cking referee did chicken out.

Please be real and don’t get excited over the win against  Arsenal it is a long season and more Sh*t will come out from this top manager the f*cking Nutcase!.

When he revert to back three in second half with CAN who is never a CB, the clever manager made easy to top City’s strikers, who was scoring for fun and they have toyed with our non-existing defence, City were attacking with four or five player and overloading our Sh*t defence.

I knew the joy over the Arsenal wouldn’t last, it was just on off game, and Arsenal players did play for their manager. We don’t have a strong and clever manager who can change games with various good plans during the game, but not we have a manager who has one and only style of play, the heavy metal and hypes! Which it never win any f*cking things!

Mate! Ain't you got better things to do in your bedroom?  :laugh:
Attachments
26054.jpg
26054.jpg (55.48 KiB) Viewed 1418 times
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:08 pm

Doeboy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:01 pm wrote:City are always capable of tearing you apart when you are down to 10. We played 53 mins (+ injury time) with 10 men so just over one half.

The concern for me is we didn't seem to have a leader or characters out there who could roll their sleeves up and say although we are down to 10 men, we are not going to get hammered here. There was a kind of inevitability to it all sadly.

Our brilliant attack covers up so many inadequacies at the other end. When we went to 10, I really don't what our plan was? In that situation you want to keep a solid shape and have a pacey option on up top. I know Salah didnt have a great game today, but I really would have been inclined to keep him on and leave him up top while keeping a solid shape behind him. Salah wasted a couple of really good opportunities however he was giving Otamendi a lot of trouble and you could see him being sent off for them. Was he taken off because of injury? Without Mane, he was the only real pacey option we had.

Just didn't seem as though we had any real plan after going down to 10. Moved Can into a back 3 but that move didn't work

On the radio a couple of ex Liverpool players were saying that Jurgen probably took Salah off to protect him. Knowing that Mane is going to be missing for 3 games it doesn't make sense to have Salah chasing shadows for 45 minutes up front on his own. If the game was 1-0 at HT Jurgen might have sent him out for the second half but at 2-0 it was pointless.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:17 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:08 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:01 pm wrote:City are always capable of tearing you apart when you are down to 10. We played 53 mins (+ injury time) with 10 men so just over one half.

On the radio a couple of ex Liverpool players were saying that Jurgen probably took Salah off to protect him. Knowing that Mane is going to be missing for 3 games it doesn't make sense to have Salah chasing shadows for 45 minutes up front on his own. If the game was 1-0 at HT Jurgen might have sent him out for the second half but at 2-0 it was pointless.

Yep maybe. Would still have liked to see him given 15-20 mins to see if he could have done something and then made the change if nothing qas happened. Just felt once we had lost the pace with Mane and Salah, City had nothing to worry about and treated it as a training game.
Doeboy

Postby redshade » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:30 pm

Well we got humiliated by City i guess a result like this was bound to happen.
To be fair we were looking good in the first 20 mins even when they scored i felt we were better.
Mane sending off changed the complex of the game. When your 1 man down the opposition will bombard your end and if your lucky you will escape the onslaught via conceding a couple. Whereas with 1 man down if your not lucky you will get battered by a margin especially with our poor defense.

Disappointed to say the least but oh well we will bounce back. Like Klopp said City shouldn't get carried away and we shouldn't get to disheartened, its early days.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:35 pm

https://youtu.be/pE0LdadfPJU

Mane red card.

Foot is too high imo some say harsh decision but i think it was the right one. Possibly with a softer ref could've been just a yellow.

3 EPL games he will miss are Burnley, Leicester and Rafas Toon army.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby johnbarnes » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:50 pm

redshade » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:35 pm wrote:https://youtu.be/pE0LdadfPJU

Mane red card.

Foot is too high imo some say harsh decision but i think it was the right one. Possibly with a softer ref could've been just a yellow.

If todays generation of footballers were braver this wouldn't have happened.
Andy Gray, Dion Dublin would have both gone in with their heads instead of the high foot -
risking damage to themselves, not the keeper.
---
Playing footballer matches with a broken neck...
AHHHH - Those were the days.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:56 pm

redshade » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:35 pm wrote:https://youtu.be/pE0LdadfPJU

Mane red card.

is that a fact 3 games out?
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:59 pm

Errm no mate i was just assuming its 3 because usually with a red its a 3 game ban.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:01 pm

redshade » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:59 pm wrote:Errm no mate i was just assuming its 3 because usually with a red its a 3 game ban.

thnx
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:19 pm

I don't think it was a red, imo the clash was nasty but accidental, players should not be getting straight reds when there was no intent there to injure the player. Football is a contact sport, collisions and accidents happen.
Straight reds should be for players who deliberately set out to injure an opponent, i.e players who go over the top when the ball is on the floor, not players trying to pluck the ball out of the air to score.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:19 pm

Mane red card will be debated to death- could have gone either way I think.

Far more important was our total lack of mental strength as a unit. As one pundit pointed out most teams defend with 10 men these days so to lose 5-0 in the manner we did was completely unacceptable.

Mistakes by Klopp with the selection of TAA and Klavan were compounded by the fact that there was not ONE leader out there in the second half.

I have read a couple of posts that Hendo is "growing "into the captains role.  He needs to grow a pair before he grows into anything as he is NOT captain material...

Tommy Smith,  Emlyn Hughes,  King Kenny,  Thompson, Souness, Hansen, Hyppia, Gerrard   .................... Hendo  - spot the difference/odd one out ...and weep.

We need to get the captaincy sorted as well as the defence imho
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:32 pm

electrum » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:19 pm wrote:Mane red card will be debated to death- could have gone either way I think.

Far more important was our total lack of mental strength as a unit. As one pundit pointed out most teams defend with 10 men these days so to lose 5-0 in the manner we did was completely unacceptable.

Mistakes by Klopp with the selection of TAA and Klavan were compounded by the fact that there was not ONE leader out there in the second half.

I have read a couple of posts that Hendo is "growing "into the captains role.  He needs to grow a pair before he grows into anything as he is NOT captain material...

Tommy Smith,  Emlyn Hughes,  King Kenny,  Thompson, Souness, Hansen, Hyppia, Gerrard   .................... Hendo  - spot the difference/odd one out ...and weep.

We need to get the captaincy sorted as well as the defence imho

You've hit the nail on the head. LFC shouldnt be getting spanked 5-0 (could quite easily have been 7-0 imo) even when we are a  man down. Yes getting back into the game is a tall order and I wouldn't blame Klopp or the players for not managing to do that but character, the pride associated with putting on that jersey and organising ourselves so that we come out with respectability were things players of yesterday year would have shown. There simply was no plan in the second half. Heard Klopp suggesting the game was a 'waste of time' which I found strange. In that second half, it was a game to show pride, fight in adversity to keep things respectable and a lesson in itself.

I
Doeboy

Postby electrum » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:39 pm

Absolutely, if we go down like a one legged man doing the hokey cokey every time Mane isn't involved then we are in trouble.

Salah is greased lightning but a poor, poor finisher....
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games