Bordeaux v Liverpool - Thursday 17th Sept 6pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby redshade » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:49 pm

Decent performance not the best and not the worst. Couple of young lads played well.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:57 pm

redshade » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:49 pm wrote:Decent performance not the best and not the worst. Couple of young lads played well.

I was just glad to see us pass it out from the back for a change instead of hoofing it. Much better imo.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:08 pm

Yeah definitely few positives there.

When we were offloading Sterling many people were saying we shouldn't  worry we have Ibe. So far i can't see anything special from the lad. Imo he has gone a bit slow. His no where near were Sterling was at that age...Time will tell.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:09 pm

Poor really against a bang average Bordeaux side we should be beating.

I wasnt encouraged at all and despite many views to the contrary would be surprised if any of the youngsters that took part make it at Liverpool including Ibe.

Bordeaux is also a young team, developing itself.

We look ordinary from root to branch and honestly its bleak at the minute and cant see any light ahead regrettably.

Lot of the comment from reds everywhere just trying to hang onto scraps all the time but I dont see it.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby lakes10 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:19 pm

not  bad result, unlucky not to get the win.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:45 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:25 pm wrote:
red till i die!! » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:19 pm wrote:Thought that was poor enough from us. 1st half was terrible and for a while in the 2nd we looked up for it but then reverted to type. Does any of our players even know how to tackle ? 
We go one up and bottle it. Gomez just let that lad breeze past him like it was a kickabout in the park. Lallana was shocking, Can't even hold off the slightest of touch and should be no where near that 1st 11.
I know that was a young side we put out tonight but that is what makes up our squad and to see so many academy players in it kills me. Why could we not of kept markovic for those games and where the fook is tex ?. Iv'e nothing against the young lads but this is liverpool football club ffs and we spent 300 fooking million since 2012.
No doubt he will be delighted with a point against a fooking poor side.

You make a good point about the likes of Markovic, Tex, Ilorri etc mate but considering we had about 5 or 6 players out there under the age of 20 I thought the team did pretty well.
I think your a bit harsh on Gomez as well, I thought he had a really good game, yes there was that one instance where the fella ran through the heart of our midfield/defence but tbh I've seen that happen to us when we had the likes of Hansen and Lawrenson in there. Mistakes do happen occasionally Red.

Its beyond me why that clown is thinking that players like rossitter and branagan are more likely to deliver ahead of people like llori, Marko and tex. Had we of having them in that side tonight we could have taken 3 points. Its was after all a Europa League match not an under 21 or reserve game.

I don't think I am being harsh on gomez by saying he let that lad breeze past him. I thought he did well for the most of it but you have got to put a foot in and he had several opportunities to do that. I agree all players make mistakes but this is his 2nd in the space of a week. I like the lad but think he is being overplayed and his inexperience is beginning to show. He's really flavor of the month with brendan as well but could equally find himself manquillo'd in no time.

Our tackling is the real problem and the reason why we struggle to control games against nobodies. I have never seen it as bad under any manager as it is now. Any organised side with players willing to contest for the ball has a chance of rolling us. I watched leicester the other night and they showed "character" to come back from 2 down and that is something I could never see us doing. After 3 years of character building here if we went 2 down the floodgates would open.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:04 am

Pedro Chirivella, I think was abit of a revelation. Good forward passes which I haven't seen from our midfield for a long time. I haven't seem enough of him yet but he looked like he wasn't afraid to try these passes.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leeroy74 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:34 am

Good result in Europe. Draw your away games and win the home games and we'll do ok.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:57 am

leeroy74 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:34 am wrote:Good result in Europe. Draw your away games and win the home games and we'll do ok.

Not worried as well mate got the results against stoke and Bournmouth as well what can go wrong???

It was an overall poor game with spurts of positive football ,however this isn't even near the standard which we should be aiming for.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby algymoon » Fri Sep 18, 2015 9:54 am

A very poor display against a very average Bordeaux team, however I am pleased about the young players and they should have done much better if they were playing under a better manager than this idiot BR.
The players that stood out were: Gomez ahead of everyone, Ross, and Ibe taking in considering he was alomst marked by more than one deffender each time he got the ball, however he did well, I know he could done better.
algymoon

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:22 am

I guess this game showed us the us the extent of Rodgers ambition

I.E. Limited   :veryangry

A game we could have won with a few more senior players in the side.

Felt sorry for the fans who travelled to France for a "European Night" only to find themselves watching a Liverpool side riddled with so many inexperienced players.

The young lads that came in did well enough but personally I found two 18 year old's forming our midfield almost insulting to us fans   :kungfu:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:00 am

maguskwt » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:04 am wrote:Pedro Chirivella, I think was abit of a revelation. Good forward passes which I haven't seen from our midfield for a long time. I haven't seem enough of him yet but he looked like he wasn't afraid to try these passes.

The lad did hit one or two loose passes that put us under a bit of pressure but it was refreshing to see someone try and play with their head up for a change. By all accounts he's quite highly rated in Spain (where he's regarded as the new Alonso) and last year Marca identified him as one of ten players who will be the future of the spanish national team.
Apparently Real Madrid are very interested in signing him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kash_Mountain » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:45 am

woof woof ! » Sep 18th, '15, 10:22 wrote:I guess this game showed us the us the extent of Rodgers ambition

I.E. Limited   :veryangry

A game we could have won with a few more senior players in the side.

Felt sorry for the fans who travelled to France for a "European Night" only to find themselves watching a Liverpool side riddled with so many inexperienced players.

The young lads that came in did well enough but personally I found two 18 year old's forming our midfield almost insulting to us fans   :kungfu:

It's clear as day Woof that BR see' the Europa Cup as a hinderance. This, imo, is LFC's only chance to get into the CL this season, mainly due to him and the type of football tactics etc he employs. All teams now know that LFC are there for the taking.......:veryangry

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby LFC1990 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:22 pm

based on our starting 11 a draw is a good result away

Emre Can showed for me why he deserves to be atleast our V.C he will sacrifice himself for the team and just get on with playing unlike our current V.C

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games