Bordeaux v Liverpool - Thursday 17th Sept 6pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby The_Rock » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:13 pm

Well I am looking forward to this game. I guess Rodgers' KPI is solely related to the league (getting 4th)...so he should be less paranoid about this match. Hopefully he plays the players in their right positions. I am kinda excited to see the likes of Sakho, Moreno and Origi start for us.

Bogan
       Gomez      Toure     Sakho   Moreno
                      Rosseiter/Allen
                       Can      Tex
                     Lallana/Ibe       
                      Ings    Origi

4-1-2-1-2 .........aka 4-4-2 diamond. We should start playing this formation.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:23 pm

Not sure on the fitness of Allen

but regardless we need to get some familiarity amongst our midfielder players so would play can and Lucas Thursday

Also like to see Sturridge on the bench if possible and get 10 minutes at the end

These wont be that easy especially how bad we are playing

Mig
Clyne   Skrtel    Sakho    Moreno

Can         Lucas
                  Texeira
  Firmino                    Ibe

Ings

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:25 am

I would like to see us win this competition. I want us to play our strongest lineup and god knows those players need as much playing time as they can get.
As i just read Benteke will not join the trip i just hope BR doesn't join the flight back. Wish him early retirement stay in the French Riviera and just leave us the fck alone!.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:17 am

Teixeira was not registered for the competition and doesn’t qualify as a “B list” player so he can’t play. And Allen is injured.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:53 am

I think this lot are also having a poor start to the season so they will also be looking to turn things around.
We leave this afternoon and some reports are saying that benteke and milner won't be travelling and a late decision will be made on skrtel and clyne.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:34 pm

Team news: Philippe Coutinho travels to Bordeaux, but Rodgers rests host of first-team stars

Liverpool have flown to France for their opening Europa League group clash with Bordeaux on Thursday night without a host of star names.

Boss Brendan Rodgers has decided to rest Christian Benteke, James Milner, Lucas Leiva, Dejan Lovren, Nathaniel Clyne and Martin Skrtel with one eye on Sunday’s Premier League clash with Norwich City at Anfield.

However, Philippe Coutinho has travelled after serving his domestic suspension and Adam Lallana is fit enough to return to action after a thigh problem.

Captain Jordan Henderson is also absent after undergoing treatment on a heel injury in America.

It means that Mamadou Sakho and Kolo Toure are expected to be the centre-back combination against the Ligue One outfit.

Alberto Moreno is likely to start at left-back with Joe Gomez in contention to switch to the opposite flank.

Youngster Jordan Rossiter is poised to make his European debut for the Reds in midfield with Divock Origi making his first start for the club up front.

Academy graduates Connor Randall, Cameron Brannagan and Dan Cleary have also travelled, and would all make their senior bows if called upon.

Source : http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... e-10067984
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:22 pm

I don't think Rodgers can afford to take these lightly, french teams are no mugs (especially on their own ground) and they tend to be good technically so they can pass you off the park if you let them. Bordeaux will see this as one of the biggest games of their season as well so they will be well up for this.
I know the Norwich game is huge for him but Brendan doesn't want to be going into that off the back of yet another defeat.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:37 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:22 pm wrote:I don't think Rodgers can afford to take these lightly, french teams are no mugs (especially on their own ground) and they tend to be good technically so they can pass you off the park if you let them. Bordeaux will see this as one of the biggest games of their season as well so they will be well up for this.
I know the Norwich game is huge for him but Brendan doesn't want to be going into that off the back of yet another defeat.

Yakka at this stage we know better...I just hope the players will rediscover the fun of playing football and the passion to compete and win...I have no faith in BR the fact he left his "top" players back home just shows it...Find it hysterical Lovern is the one left behind lucky us.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:03 pm

Don't think Brendan can afford to take any games lightly at this moment so I have no idea what he's doing. Have nothing against playing youngsters and reserves in this competition but not sure if now is the right time, team needs to gel and get as many wins as possible to get it's confidence back.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:12 am

only me » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:37 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:22 pm wrote:I don't think Rodgers can afford to take these lightly, french teams are no mugs (especially on their own ground) and they tend to be good technically so they can pass you off the park if you let them. Bordeaux will see this as one of the biggest games of their season as well so they will be well up for this.

Yakka at this stage we know better...I just hope the players will rediscover the fun of playing football and the passion to compete and win...I have no faith in BR the fact he left his "top" players back home just shows it...Find it hysterical Lovern is the one left behind lucky us.

Lets face it, if he'd of taken the strongest team you 2 would've slagged him off for doing that so he can't really win can he?
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:12 am

leeroy74 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:12 am wrote:
only me » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:37 pm wrote:

Lets face it, if he'd of taken the strongest team you 2 would've slagged him off for doing that so he can't really win can he?

Are you still on BR's bandwagon ?  :grinning:  ,it seems even the last doubters joined the sentiments i voiced last year...
I would like to say you are wrong but you are right ,BR strongest team isn't Liverpool strongest team so even if he brought them i would have slagged him (Lovern starting CB??? ) ,but at least i wouldn't doubt his will and determination to WIN ,as of now he sends a clear message to the players Europe isn't a priority no need to "die" on the pitch ,as if his motivation skills aren't bad enough...BR is a lost soul at the moment ,he even betrayed his own philosophy as a manager...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby aCe' » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:45 am

This is our best chance of qualifying to the champions league. I have no problem with the likes of Milner and Lovren being left behind, their recent performances don't warrant a start against this or any other lot. But to leave the likes of Clyne and Benteke behind is stupidity of the highest order. Why even finish 6th if we are only using the competition to give the youngsters and backup players some minutes, we might as well aim for 8th not that our performances won't earn us that position if we continue as is.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby algymoon » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:10 am

We don't have a strong squad, and with this idiot BR in charge, I somehow expect another defeat! a Draw if we are lucky
I don't have much hope in this manager and his team
algymoon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:41 am

aCe' » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:45 am wrote:This is our best chance of qualifying to the champions league. I have no problem with the likes of Milner and Lovren being left behind, their recent performances don't warrant a start against this or any other lot. But to leave the likes of Clyne and Benteke behind is stupidity of the highest order. Why even finish 6th if we are only using the competition to give the youngsters and backup players some minutes, we might as well aim for 8th not that our performances won't earn us that position if we continue as is.

I agree, these won't be any mugs, okay they are not Barcelona but let's face it they don't have to be the way we are playing, Tranmere would probably fancy their chances against us atm.
Im no expert on French footy but I imagine Bordeaux will probably be better than say West Ham and Bournemouth and both of those teams gave our 'best XI' all they could handle at Anfield so I think it would be a mistake by Rodgers to play too many youngsters.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby RedAnt » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:46 am

I can't see anything other than defeat for us. I'd have hoped Brendan might have learned something at least, but nope. Maybe he's trying to get sacked. That £8m would really help him out.
"The S*n: The paper you wipe your ars.e on and more sh*t comes off the paper"
RedAnt

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - Games