Man City vs Liverpool Sat 9th Sept 12:30

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby C-R » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:28 pm

5-0 is bloody shocking even with the red card taken into account. Will be very interesting how we bounce back from this
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:28 pm

f*cking fuming here
Doeboy

Postby Mikz » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:30 pm

Still no plan b .. is he ever gonna f*cking understand this league
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:36 pm

The whole team gave up... it seems like this team only knows how to play with 11. How many times was the through passes between Alexandre Arnold and Matip? It was just too easy for City. Klopp's defensive coaching is now exposed as very much below par. These defenders really do not know how to defend. It's not individual errors. It is positioning and how to defend as a team, how to cover each other etc. The best thing Klopp can do now is to hire Carra or Hyppia as a defensive coach and give these so called defenders a kick up their *****...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:36 pm

Santa » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:51 pm wrote:We will get a 0-5 hammering today and it's just about the right score. Absolutely gutted but their midfield and strikers are just so silky today

Bloody hell me and my big mouth  :help
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:37 pm

Doeboy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:25 pm wrote:Firstly the sending off. What exactly is the law on this?. Mane has every right to go in for the ball. Now i'm not going to have a go at the ref just yet as he may just be following orders,  but if ref's have been told off to send off players in situations like that, then it's a complete an utter joke. Yes, no one likes to see injuries like that but what do they except Mane to do in that situation? Just say 'after you' to the keeper and let him have it? That's a yellow at best.

The ball was technically 50/50 as that it was going to bounce in between 2 players with similar distances apart but mane should not be challenging like that. You cannot just jump into a challenge with one foot high and outstretched like that and to make it worse his other foot was off the ground so he was completely in the air when contact was made. A 50/50 would have been both players trying to head it but mane wasn't in a position to do that so went with an outstretched leg that was high and late.
Had it of being on Mingolet we would have wanted the offending player gone and if he didn't then we would moan that he should have. Mane is not a dirty player but is definitely guilty of a reckless challenge today and left the referee with no choice.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:53 pm

red till i die!! » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:37 pm wrote:
Doeboy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:25 pm wrote:Firstly the sending off. What exactly is the law on this?. Mane has every right to go in for the ball. Now i'm not going to have a go at the ref just yet as he may just be following orders,  but if ref's have been told off to send off players in situations like that, then it's a complete an utter joke. Yes, no one likes to see injuries like that but what do they except Mane to do in that situation? Just say 'after you' to the keeper and let him have it? That's a yellow at best.

The ball was technically 50/50 as that it was going to bounce in between 2 players with similar distances apart but mane should not be challenging like that. You cannot just jump into a challenge with one foot high and outstretched like that and to make it worse his other foot was off the ground so he was completely in the air when contact was made. A 50/50 would have been both players trying to head it but mane wasn't in a position to do that so went with an outstretched leg that was high and late.
Had it of being on Mingolet we would have wanted the offending player gone and if he didn't then we would moan that he should have. Mane is not a dirty player but is definitely guilty of a reckless challenge today and left the referee with no choice.

The thing is, even considering the red card, we should not be imploding the way we did. The team just gave up after the red. I don't remember Rafa's team losing like this after going a man down...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:56 pm

Mikz » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:30 pm wrote:Still no plan b .. is he ever gonna f*cking understand this league

Plan A was working fine until Mane got sent off, yes our defence looked vulnerable but City's looked even worse, the difference between the 2 sides in the first 20 minutes was that City were clinical while our forwards squandered loads of promising attacking opportunities. Even the sending off came from a through ball which cut City's backline to ribbons.
Just before Mane got his marching orders Sky's commentary team were saying we were the better side and 'Klopp will be bemused how his side are one down' etc.
Where I do think Jurgen should shoulder some of the blame is his team selection, yes we need to rotate but there are a handful of games where you have to pick your best XI, City away is one of them.
Trent is a good attacking fullback but at this stage of his career the lad hasn't got the awareness needed to defend against the top sides and Klavan is okay against the West Ham's and West Brom's but not against the likes of City and Chelsea.
Phil should have been playing too, when you go up against the best sides you need to play your best player, it's as simple as that.
BTW - I hope Jurgen gives Ward a chance now, I thought Mingolet was awful, that second goal was a disgrace, Jesus is about 5 foot 8 yet he gets a free header from the edge of the 6 yard box? I only played ale house footy but even at our level the 6 yard box was the keepers.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:57 pm

I've watched it again. I think it's an attacker's natural instinct to go for the ball. As a forward you know if you get a nick on the ball , you have every chance of a goal and really can't blame Mane for it as it is instinctive. However saying that, if you don't get it right and end up injuring the oppo player, can kind of somewhat get why the ref is likely to send you off. Just think  it's unlucky to be honest. On another day he could have got a nick on the back and ended up putting it away for a goal.
Doeboy

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:58 pm

The heads went down I agree ... but it was such a injustice in such a big game. As a fan I was mentally done with the red card and I'm guessing that was the same with all the players. I've seen a lot of rival fans are mocking this result but we know exactly why we lost this game.. 11 vs 11 we would have got something out of this game and to go away with a 5-0 loss is sickening.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:01 pm

maguskwt » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:53 pm wrote:

The thing is, even considering the red card, we should not be imploding the way we did. The team just gave up after the red. I don't remember Rafa's team losing like this after going a man down...

Our best form of defence is attack. Dent our attack somehow and we are at all at sea defensively. When we went to 10, there was zero leadership at the back or anyone putting their hand up or taking charge. Just headless chickens who looked all over the place now they didn't have an attack in front of them to cover their backsides
Doeboy

Postby C-R » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:09 pm

C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:11 pm

Agree, yellow at the most. Red is ridiculous
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:30 pm

I think the sending off was harsh as well, if Mane doesn't go for that ball his manager is going to be asking him at half time why he didn't. There is a reason why it's rare to see attacking players getting sent off and that's because they are focussed on getting the ball and not injuring the player. It was accidental and should have been a yellow.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby algymoon » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:33 pm

Did everyone thinks that the Nutcase can back up the win against Arsenal with another win? Not a chance!, especially when out best CB Klavan plays, who can guarantee to give at least one or two goals away! Whereas the Nutcase is fully knowing that his squad is very short in the weak department. What does do sell his real best CB!  It is f*cking madness.

His team selection and style of play is a carbon copy of last season, with few average  and expensive  addons, the like of Salah who needs six chances before he can convert one goal. Firmino is useless as ever, Mignolet was nervous cannot kick the ball, and he was ready to give a goal away! It is the same f*cking Sh*t story of last season, and the nutcase’s faithful should get used to it.

Mane was unlucky it was 50/50 challenge and he went for the ball, however, the f*cking referee did chicken out.

Please be real and don’t get excited over the win against  Arsenal it is a long season and more Sh*t will come out from this top manager the f*cking Nutcase!.

When he revert to back three in second half with CAN who is never a CB, the clever manager made easy to top City’s strikers, who was scoring for fun and they have toyed with our non-existing defence, City were attacking with four or five player and overloading our Sh*t defence.

I knew the joy over the Arsenal wouldn’t last, it was just on off game, and Arsenal players did play for their manager. We don’t have a strong and clever manager who can change games with various good plans during the game, but not we have a manager who has one and only style of play, the heavy metal and hypes! Which it never win any f*cking things!
algymoon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games