LIVERPOOL v Everton - Sat 27 Sept - 12.45ko

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby only me » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:07 pm

A hellish goal but i still can't believe "Super Market" Mario missed his chance. A Striker of his Caliber was brought to bury those 1-2 chances he gets for cause we already have an Italian striker which can't find the back of the net...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:13 pm

I still can't understand this. Totally dominant performance, they hardly had a shot at us. Lallana and Sterling running rings around their defenders, Henderson absolutely everywhere and doing the job of 3 players, Gerrard flawless passing, Skrtel and Lovren impassable, Lukaku anonymous because of Moreno and Manquillo with absolutely no problems against Miralas/McGeady and Baines. Perfect team performance, but with enormous luck (uncalled handballs, crossbars, impossible 30 yard screamers etc.) they manage to save their *****. I can't believe how unfair this game is, totally undeserved. And to think there are people blaming our team  :laugh:
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:31 pm

damjan193 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:13 pm wrote:I still can't understand this. Totally dominant performance, they hardly had a shot at us. Lallana and Sterling running rings around their defenders, Henderson absolutely everywhere and doing the job of 3 players, Gerrard flawless passing, Skrtel and Lovren impassable, Lukaku anonymous because of Moreno and Manquillo with absolutely no problems against Miralas/McGeady and Baines. Perfect team performance, but with enormous luck (uncalled handballs, crossbars, impossible 30 yard screamers etc.) they manage to save their *****. I can't believe how unfair this game is, totally undeserved. And to think there are people blaming our team  :laugh:

I think this is what separates the children from the big boys..Big boys get the result no matter what children can have as many crossbars they want ...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:39 pm

only me » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:31 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:13 pm wrote:I still can't understand this. Totally dominant performance, they hardly had a shot at us. Lallana and Sterling running rings around their defenders, Henderson absolutely everywhere and doing the job of 3 players, Gerrard flawless passing, Skrtel and Lovren impassable, Lukaku anonymous because of Moreno and Manquillo with absolutely no problems against Miralas/McGeady and Baines. Perfect team performance, but with enormous luck (uncalled handballs, crossbars, impossible 30 yard screamers etc.) they manage to save their *****. I can't believe how unfair this game is, totally undeserved. And to think there are people blaming our team  :laugh:

I think this is what separates the children from the big boys..Big boys get the result no matter what children can have as many crossbars they want ...

No mate, this game was a good example of what separates the lucky from the unlucky. There was nothing more to it.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:56 pm

damjan193 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:39 pm wrote:
only me » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:31 pm wrote:

No mate, this game was a good example of what separates the lucky from the unlucky. There was nothing more to it.

I think that's another way to describe the same point i made  :grinning:
Mario missing that Sitter from Zero distance isn't luck...
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby sgs » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:02 pm

Don't mean to be too critical, but looking at the sequence of play b/4 the equalizer, you get the sense Mignolet's inability to dominate his box was a contributory factor. Brownie's cross hung up long enough in the area for him to have claimed it or punched it further upfield...
Floyd stepped left and threw the hook that caught Hatton flush under the chin. Finally, the British champ had arrived in that mythical place of which his fans speak: Hatton Wonderland.
sgs

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:09 pm

Apart from the Spurs game that was probably our best performance of the season, don't get me wrong I'm not saying it was phenominal but it was certainly better than the displays against Villa, West Ham and Ludogrets that's for sure.
I did feel that we that we practically invited the equaliser by sitting so deep at the end though, yes teams go into defensive mode when they are trying to protect a 1-0 lead but we literally set up camp in our own box and refused to push out, every time we cleared the ball Everton had all the time in the world to re gather the ball and launch another attack.
A draw against Everton isn't the worst result in itself, it's just that other poor performances earlier on in the season have put us in a position where we really need wins.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby only me » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:10 pm

sgs » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:02 pm wrote:Don't mean to be too critical, but looking at the sequence of play b/4 the equalizer, you get the sense Mignolet's inability to dominate his box was a contributory factor. Brownie's cross hung up long enough in the area for him to have claimed it or punched it further upfield...

And if you really want to nitpick why did Lovern (i think?) headed the ball to Center field instead of the side like they teach any defender...But it was a hell of a goal.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:35 pm

better performance indeed but still a long way to go and disappointed we lost the 3 points so late. we just sat back and allowed them space due to the desperation to hold on to all 3. cant complain about jagielka's strike as it was a cracker but mario should have wrapped that up earlier.
few good performances from a few of the lads.
gerrard covered a lot of ground and scored a sweet free kick, moreno came out best in his battle with lukaku, lallana looked like the player he was at southampton but still very lightweight, balotelli put in a decent shift but is very direct and needs to adapt, sterling for a time in the second half ran at lads and left them for dead opening the game up but drifted in and out for the rest. 120 minutes midweek didnt help him, coutinho looked back to his best when he came on and worked the space well between the lines.
markovic looked poor again and doesnt look to be settling well.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:40 pm

damjan193 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:13 pm wrote:I still can't understand this. Totally dominant performance, they hardly had a shot at us. Lallana and Sterling running rings around their defenders, Henderson absolutely everywhere and doing the job of 3 players, Gerrard flawless passing, Skrtel and Lovren impassable, Lukaku anonymous because of Moreno and Manquillo with absolutely no problems against Miralas/McGeady and Baines. Perfect team performance, but with enormous luck (uncalled handballs, crossbars, impossible 30 yard screamers etc.) they manage to save their *****. I can't believe how unfair this game is, totally undeserved. And to think there are people blaming our team  :laugh:

Firstly, in football, you make your own luck.

Do you actually believe this tripe or are you after a reaction?

Everton were shockingly bad yet still managed to get a point, considering our poor start to the season this is a game we needed to win.

Funnily enough a lot of people could see this due to failing to improve the first eleven.

To say Moreno had a good game is beyond belief, the stupidity of the foul at 1-1 was Johnsonesque and could have cost us the game, the lad is a poor version of John Arne Riise.

To call the performance perfect is not only deluded and that of someone who has special needs, but is plain wrong. In football you make your own luck, you also conveniently forget about Moreno's blatent drag down on Lukaku in the area which was just as blatent a penalty appeal as ours.

As for Sterling and Lallana "running rings" around their defence that's complete stupidity. They both done ok, Sterling slightly more so but neither of them set the world a light and the performance was extremely disjointed. We didn't exactly create a hatful either considering two of our players "ran rings" around the opposition.

Your happy clappyness knows no bounds, you sound like Woy Hodgson after his first Derby to be quite honest.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Stu the Red » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:41 pm

red till i die!! » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:35 pm wrote:better performance indeed but still a long way to go and disappointed we lost the 3 points so late. we just sat back and allowed them space due to the desperation to hold on to all 3. cant complain about jagielka's strike as it was a cracker but mario should have wrapped that up earlier.
few good performances from a few of the lads.
gerrard covered a lot of ground and scored a sweet free kick, moreno came out best in his battle with lukaku, lallana looked like the player he was at southampton but still very lightweight, balotelli put in a decent shift but is very direct and needs to adapt, sterling for a time in the second half ran at lads and left them for dead opening the game up but drifted in and out for the rest. 120 minutes midweek didnt help him, coutinho looked back to his best when he came on and worked the space well between the lines.
markovic looked poor again and doesnt look to be settling well.

Thought Lovren and Sterling were good, Mario put a shift in but is never a number 9, apart from that the rest were average or poor for me.
Stu the Red
LFC Guru Member

Postby Penguins » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:54 pm

To be honest, it wasn't that great of a game. Sure, a decent performance but to only score 1, from a set piece to boot, over 90 min was just poor.
We shouldn't talking about that last goal they scored, as it should had been a consolation goal.
But we were very ineffective, didn't really test Howard that much. Ball possession mean f all if you can't make anything from it, like today.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:17 pm

damjan193 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:40 am wrote:
ethanr » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:37 pm wrote:Two f*cking games in a row that we can't finish off.

Yes a 30 yard shot from a CB is clearly the team's fault  :laugh:

It doesn't matter. We've put ourselves in this position by completely backing off and letting them dominate the end of the game. If we don't like them ***** f*ck us for the last 10 minutes, they don't have their CB 30 yards from our goal like that.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:24 pm

Poor derby really ,but the Bitterz were on the back foot for the entire game ,clearly there for the taking....When Sturridge returns he will build an understanding with
Balotelli that will be formidable . Sterling is a great player ,but his final ball really is Baros like ,he even seems to run the same channels with a similar enthusiasm ,but
fails to provide that killer ball. Plus points were Lallana who will grow into a real Kop favourite the more games he gets under his belt ,and Moreno who proved he has
a defensive edge to supplement his attacking game ,also Lovren finally looked like the player we expected him to be.... All in all a decent performance ,that would have
seen us celebrating a deserved win if not for the Bitterz wonder goal.
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:44 pm

Stu the Red » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:40 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:13 pm wrote:I still can't understand this. Totally dominant performance, they hardly had a shot at us. Lallana and Sterling running rings around their defenders, Henderson absolutely everywhere and doing the job of 3 players, Gerrard flawless passing, Skrtel and Lovren impassable, Lukaku anonymous because of Moreno and Manquillo with absolutely no problems against Miralas/McGeady and Baines. Perfect team performance, but with enormous luck (uncalled handballs, crossbars, impossible 30 yard screamers etc.) they manage to save their *****. I can't believe how unfair this game is, totally undeserved. And to think there are people blaming our team  :laugh:

Firstly, in football, you make your own luck.

Do you actually believe this tripe or are you after a reaction?

Everton were shockingly bad yet still managed to get a point, considering our poor start to the season this is a game we needed to win.

Funnily enough a lot of people could see this due to failing to improve the first eleven.

To say Moreno had a good game is beyond belief, the stupidity of the foul at 1-1 was Johnsonesque and could have cost us the game, the lad is a poor version of John Arne Riise.

To call the performance perfect is not only deluded and that of someone who has special needs, but is plain wrong. In football you make your own luck, you also conveniently forget about Moreno's blatent drag down on Lukaku in the area which was just as blatent a penalty appeal as ours.

As for Sterling and Lallana "running rings" around their defence that's complete stupidity. They both done ok, Sterling slightly more so but neither of them set the world a light and the performance was extremely disjointed. We didn't exactly create a hatful either considering two of our players "ran rings" around the opposition.

Your happy clappyness knows no bounds, you sound like Woy Hodgson after his first Derby to be quite honest.

Don't lecture me you clown, the fact that you've played a few non-league games doesn't make you an expert. The fact that you're nitpicking at Moreno's performance just because you have an agenda against him, picking one small situation over 90 minutes, just shows how biased you are and how poor you judgment is because you're too much of an egoist.

Considering the opposition, we played well. Had Jagielka not scored that screamer, which he will never score again even if you let him try it another 1000 times, we wouldn't be having this conversation now. The only player that you can maybe blame is Mario for not putting away his chances, but most of all, we didn't win because we were out of luck.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games