LIVERPOOL v ajax Tue 13th Sept 8.00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:07 pm

I know Haaland is scoring alot.. but I don't think City look as good as they did last season. Their defence looks really shakey, and Wolves were the better team 2nd half even though they were down to 10 men. I think City will probably score the same amount of goals as last year, but they'll not be shared around as much.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby electrum » Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:48 pm

We need to worry about ourselves, We are 8 points off the top mid way through September and not looking like world beaters or even close to it in the league.

The simple fact is if we don't get ourselves back into some exceptional form very soon we will struggle to make top 4. If the gap gets any bigger we will be out of the title race in October.

Even if city score the same as last year on current form they will win the league with ease IMO .. possibly with 4/5 games to go.

Tottenham are undefeated. Arsenal look levels higher than last season and Chelsea have strengthened and have a very promising manager in too.
electrum
LFC Advanced Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:47 am

I think we wrote the league off as soon as we didn't buy a Center Midfielder in the transfer window .. I know I did.

The aim is to get top 4 and keep the fans happy by saying we are winning the race for Bellingham next season. They did the same last year saying the same thing about Mbappe, even though we knew it wasn't going to happen. I think we'll sign a couple of cheaper alternatives next season.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:14 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:47 am wrote:I think we wrote the league off as soon as we didn't buy a Center Midfielder in the transfer window .. I know I did.

The aim is to get top 4 and keep the fans happy by saying we are winning the race for Bellingham next season. They did the same last year saying the same thing about Mbappe, even though we knew it wasn't going to happen. I think we'll sign a couple of cheaper alternatives next season.

Bellingham will no doubt end up at City, we prevaricated too long, probably deliberately.
One of my mates was absolutely convinced and I mean absolutely convinced that Mbappe was going to sign for us because of some deal or other to do with Nike, as P. T Barnum said there’s one (a sucker) born every minute.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:41 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:47 am wrote:I think we wrote the league off as soon as we didn't buy a Center Midfielder in the transfer window .. I know I did.

Not so sure that’s true about Mbappe, Klopp said from the first instant that we would never be able to afford him, the rest was just papertalk because he liked a post or a tweet or some other cr@p. I don’t remember the owners ever saying we would buy him. To be fair we did bid for two different midfielders in 80million range, we just couldn’t get them. I doubt we will get Bellingham as Yakka said, probably go to city. Unless FFP come down on city, this will always be the case.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - Games