LIVERPOOL v ajax Tue 13th Sept 8.00pm

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby Penguins » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:24 pm

Many might like him but for me Elliot does not fit into a midfield of 3. He is WAY too attacking minded and TAA needs a player ahead of him that actually can play on the defensive side of the ball. Elliot can't...
And Matip showed again why he is miles better than Gomez...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby Welshwizard » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:43 am

I’m starting to hope we give this new lad from Aberdeen a run out at right back and push Trent into right midfield see how it goes or go 3 4 3 when Konate is back with wingbacks Fab and Thiago in middle then our Nunez Diaz and Salah uptop if teams attack us it’s always down the right and getting found out
Welshwizard
LFC Basic Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:35 am

The Good Yank » Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:43 pm wrote:This game is screaming for Nunez

That's what I was thinking BUT, didn't take long before I found myself screaming AT him !

In all honesty I'm still waiting for this fella to do something that justifies even a quarter of the money we've spent on him.

As for the game, not great but nevertheless a good result. Stats show that although Ajax sometimes looked dangerous we dominated the game, 57% possession, 10 corners to their 0 , 10 shots on target to their 1. They did manage to beat us on the foul count   :D  19 to our 12, and 2 to our 1 on cards.

Impressed with Thiago  Matip and Tsimikas.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:50 pm

Penguins » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:24 pm wrote:Many might like him but for me Elliot does not fit into a midfield of 3. He is WAY too attacking minded and TAA needs a player ahead of him that actually can play on the defensive side of the ball. Elliot can't...
And Matip showed again why he is miles better than Gomez...

Matip is great the way he brings the ball out of defence, we look far more solid defensively when he’s there too, arguably the best defender at the club at the minute. Completely agree re Elliott as well, the lad clearly has talent, bags of it, but not convinced his skill-set is that of a CM. Not sure where I’d play him tbh.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Tommy Smith » Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:54 pm

The three points in the UCL group were the most important thing in the outcome of last night's game, the performance and team's balance is very shabby and awful, Trent once again was at fault for Ajax's goal, it was so easy, we have no defense at all, and we might go the whole season without keeping a clean sheet!
Klopp has to change the team's formation as most of the top teams in the league have, Trent is no defender and he is most effective in the midfield, therefore, he has to use Gomez at right-back or buy a new player, Why he has sold Nico Williams? he was a steady International defender.
He needs to drop Salah, he did score a goal that was put on a plate for him, but his general play and contribution were Sh*t and the same applies for Frimino another useless.

Good Luck lads
Tommy Smith
LFC Member

Postby devaney » Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:10 pm

After what can only be described as a thoroughly awful start to the season we really needed this result. All in all a cracking game. We were always on top and deserved to win. Trent played some brilliant football but I do agree that his defensive capabilities at times leave a lot to be desired.He basically needs to wake up. It beggars belief somebody is suggesting that we should move Trent into midfield and play Gomez at right back. Gomez has been a defensive nightmare at times this season. Personally I just don’t think he is good enough. Joel Matip is a completely different proposition and his deceptively quick runs forward that offer another dimension. Clever player. Great to see Mo on the scoresheet. Great ball from Diogo to find Mo in a great position to finish sublimely.Thiago showed why he is vital to the team. Nunez is a job in progress. I just hope I’m not saying the same thing in 2 years time like Nabby !!

Delighted that the minutes silence was very well respected except for the odd idiot. I’m not a massive fan of the royal family. My attitude however would be vastly different if they all followed her lead. RIP Your Majesty.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:26 am

My brother made a passing remark, Nunez is the next Andy Carroll. I can't get it out of my head.....  :oops:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:22 am

Didn't quite hit vintage Klopp football, but that was a big step in the right direction after Napoli with only one team deserving the points. Broadly controlled the game and should have scored more. We still look a little anxious in and around the opposition box. We need to rebuild some confidence. Excellent performances from Matip, Tsimikas, and Thiago. Jota also showed that we've been missing him. And Fabinho looked much better with an actual CM next to him. I really missed watching Thiago play.
Eagle

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:53 pm

Reg » Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:26 am wrote:My brother made a passing remark, Nunez is the next Andy Carroll. I can't get it out of my head.....  :oops:

Yeah, that comment has been passed around by many, maybe more accurately (so far) than Nunez's passing and finishing in a game  :down:

Two headlining strikers signed into the Premiership this season, Haarland who looks like the GOAT , and Nunez who looks like a goat , the kind you find on a farm !

Can't believe we've splashed 85 million on this fella ! Some might say "He's a work in progress" , fair enough BUT for 85 million I would expect something a lot closer to the finished article  :kungfu:

Early days but I'm seriously seriously concerned about this fella's lack of impact. Just praying he'll kick on and prove my concern unwarranted, I'm not holding my breath  :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby kazza » Fri Sep 16, 2022 8:35 am

I think Nunez is a very talented player but frail mentally. He is the kind of player when nervous looks awful but when on groove looks a world beater, like he was for Benfica. I do think if he gets in a groove he will be unstoppable. Still, 80 million is a lot for a work in progress.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Eagle » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:26 am

Not sure it makes any sense to compare Haaland and Nunez. Haaland has started in every PL and CL game for a team that is in it's groove. Nunez has only started against Palace and Everton, and for a team that has been completely out of it's groove. He came on against City in the Community Shield and scored, and then came on against Fulham and got a goal and assist to help us salvage a point. He then started against Palace but stupidly got himself sent off so missed three games. Neither he or Haaland are particularly silky players, but I've seen enough to be pretty sure both have goals in them. Nunez just looks like he'll be more of slow burner and the team will need to get used to having a different type of forward.
Eagle

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:03 pm

I think the encouraging thing is Nunez is getting into the goal scoring positions. You can tell he's desperate to make his mark so he's getting excited at any half chance he gets and then loses his composure and rushes the finish.

What's impressive with Haaland that Nunez could learn from is his stride pattern whenever he gets a chance.. its perfect! He must drill finishing non stop in training to get his footwork that good.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:30 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:03 pm wrote:What's impressive with Haaland that Nunez could learn from is his stride pattern whenever he gets a chance.. its perfect! He must drill finishing non stop in training to get his footwork that good.

I was saying this to a friend the other day. I swear, that guy looks like he's ready to score at all times.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:17 am

Face it, Nunez is a dud for the way we play
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby redshade » Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:08 pm

He doesn't need many chances to score, read some stats about his chance to goal conversion, he is extremely proficient. If he stay injury free he will create some records. I hope they had got Kane last year.
Haaland maybe the difference this season to Pep landing UCL glory.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games