Liverpool vs Man Utd 13:30 1st Sep 2013 SS1

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby bunglemark2 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:28 pm

Squeaky bum in that second half..
Now, gwan the Dubs! Make it a perfect afternoon !!
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Santa » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:29 pm

Santa » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:27 pm wrote:TOP OF THE LEAGUE...BABY!!!

With Arsenal taking the lead against Spurs...we may be on top of the league until after the international break  :buttrock
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crim cram » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:37 pm

Going to have to start taking baby asprin with all of these one nils! : D
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:40 pm

Over the moon!

Recently I am Johnson's biggest critic... but he was immense today... showed guts defensively and offensively and if it wasn't for his timely block on welbeck we would've been looking at a different scoreline...

Keep the faith YNWA!
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:45 pm

Get the f*ck in there !!!!! Brilliant result !! Brilliant atmosphere - that was for you Shanks looking down on us today - f*cking yes !!!!!!!!

Well done BR and the boys - well done

And just to highlight the obsession two people have we me - they call me a WUM and a troll yet this is ones first post after we win

Kenny Kan » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:28 pm wrote:YES!  :buttrock

3 from 3, first time since 1994.

F.uck you Benny the manc!

And this is the other posters first reply

devaney » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:46 pm wrote:It wasn't pretty and several players were a little overwhelmed by the occasion. Defensively we did very well and limited United to 4 shots on target. RVP was almost absent until he had a shot in about the 85th minute. Great result. Well done lads. Cracking start to the season. 1-0 Danny Sturridge  - brilliant anticipation.

NO PRIZES FOR GUESSING WHO WROTE THE FOLLOWING BEFORE THE GAME !!!
I also can see that we have struggled in the second half of each game so far , I have seen we rely on one player to create for us with one player scoring the goals , I see us playing a CB who hasn't played one competitive game this season and struggles with players with great movement , I see them clinically getting past a good Swansea outfit at Swansea and since then have reintroduced Rooney into the team. We can win it - if we are 100% on form throughout the game and they are below par - I just don't see it happening. I think we will score early - they will get an equaliser before half time and then turn up the pressure in the second half whilst we start to flag and get a winner

Think it's clear who the wums and trolls are -

But they can call me what they want - I don't give a flying f*ck today !

Today they team show a battling attitude that Shanks would have been proud off - I'm proud of the players out there today !!!
Benny The Noon

Postby maguskwt » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:50 pm

Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:45 pm wrote:Get the f*ck in there !!!!! Brilliant result !! Brilliant atmosphere - that was for you Shanks looking down on us today - f*cking yes !!!!!!!!

Well done BR and the boys - well done

And just to highlight the obsession two people have we me - they call me a WUM and a troll yet this is ones first post after we win

Kenny Kan » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:28 pm wrote:YES!  :buttrock

3 from 3, first time since 1994.

F.uck you Benny the manc!

And this is the other posters first reply

devaney » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:46 pm wrote:It wasn't pretty and several players were a little overwhelmed by the occasion. Defensively we did very well and limited United to 4 shots on target. RVP was almost absent until he had a shot in about the 85th minute. Great result. Well done lads. Cracking start to the season. 1-0 Danny Sturridge  - brilliant anticipation.

NO PRIZES FOR GUESSING WHO WROTE THE FOLLOWING BEFORE THE GAME !!!
I also can see that we have struggled in the second half of each game so far , I have seen we rely on one player to create for us with one player scoring the goals , I see us playing a CB who hasn't played one competitive game this season and struggles with players with great movement , I see them clinically getting past a good Swansea outfit at Swansea and since then have reintroduced Rooney into the team. We can win it - if we are 100% on form throughout the game and they are below par - I just don't see it happening. I think we will score early - they will get an equaliser before half time and then turn up the pressure in the second half whilst we start to flag and get a winner

Think it's clear who the wums and trolls are -

But they can call me what they want - I don't give a flying f*ck today !

Today they team show a battling attitude that Shanks would have been proud off - I'm proud of the players out there today !!!

It's the price you pay for your pessimism Benny
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:51 pm

Great Result! Football has that funny way to turn you upside down ,our "weak" defense has been our main strength so far ,while our frightening offence is having problems scoring. We have a lot of work ahead of us but it's much easier doing it after consecutive wins.

I thought what won the game was pure team effort ,Manure while playing better football ,couldn't find it balance with our constant pressure and aggressive play ,they couldn't build up their usual game as our lads were able to break them time after time. Having said our overall composure was pretty shaken ,we couldn't hold to the ball and some players (mainly Aspas) but to some extent Coutinho ,Hendo and Lucas were pretty paniky.

Great Start to the season ,3 wins ,one against a massive rival ,Defense just got upgraded with the new signings ,still missing that one piece in the middle which will enhance our control of the game ,but overall it seems we won't get relegated this Season :)

Well Done Lads!
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:56 pm

And Henderson is maturing into a hell of player - massive engine on the last abs determination and does a lot of hard unselfish work.

Any news on Johnson ?
Benny The Noon

Postby ethanr » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:01 pm

I will say I thought Coutinho had a shocking second half. He seemed to lose possession more than keep it, although I think that was because we struggled to hold onto possession in general for long periods of time.

We aren't playing as pretty football as we would at times last season, but weren't getting a goal, and we're closing them off, and I'll take these 1-0 wins anyway. I'll suffer a heart attack very young, but I'll take it any day.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby damjan193 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:05 pm

Don't know why you're so happy Benny, Spurs are losing at the moment :D

Just kidding mate, I'm sure you're as happy as everyone else here :D
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:06 pm

ethanr » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:01 pm wrote:I will say I thought Coutinho had a shocking second half. He seemed to lose possession more than keep it, although I think that was because we struggled to hold onto possession in general for long periods of time.

We aren't playing as pretty football as we would at times last season, but weren't getting a goal, and we're closing them off, and I'll take these 1-0 wins anyway. I'll suffer a heart attack very young, but I'll take it any day.

Just need to find the balance between the good possession stuff and the grinding defending. Find a way to release the pressure we put ourselves under late in games
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:07 pm

damjan193 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:05 pm wrote:Don't know why you're so happy Benny, Spurs are losing at the moment :D

Just kidding mate, I'm sure you're as happy as everyone else here :D

Extremely happy - always happy when we beat the Mancs
Benny The Noon

Postby crim cram » Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:15 pm

When the scum started losing their composure late in the 1st half, I had a huge feeling of satisfaction. It was especially nice to see RVP get so worked up. This match will do more to hurt the scum's mentality than help ours, which is saying something because BR is building a very mentally tough outfit. I never thought I would would see a manu team so mentally weak. Our pressure was too much, it looks like BR provided a blueprint on how to beat  moyes' united. I hope the rest of the league saw what constant pressure does against the scum.
“Me having no education. I had to use my brains.”  Shankly
crim cram
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:10 pm

Moyes has turned the scum into the bitters  :laugh:  all they need now are Fellaini and Baines to join then to complete the circle. At least one of them should have been sent off as they resorted to fouling and hounding the ref. my two favourite teams won today, Liverpool and whoever plays Utd.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:11 pm

Loving that result!!

Just found out I share a birthday with Sturridge... and that made it a great one for both of us today! !

We may have had to hold on a bit second half but I'm pleased we look more resilient under pressure this season.

Will be an interesting season.

Benny what's happened to you?! Keep up the optimism, I like this Benny haha!
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games