LIVERPOOL vs MANCHESTER CITY Aug 26 15:00 GMT

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:03 pm

happy enough with the performance but the result just let us down.
we played with great tempo,worked the ball really well and showed great character.
some great performances from allen,shelvey,sterling,coates and borini.
disapointing result but delighted at a great performance.
onwards and upwards :buttrock
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby laza » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:04 pm

[quote="damjan193 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:02 am"]Also, Coates deserves to be mentioned. Didn't do much better than the others but he had a good game, which I didn't expect.
[quote]

Yeah his performance was another postive to take from game and while im gutted over final result. Certainly for me a lot more positives out of that game then I was expecting when I first saw the lineup
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:06 pm

damjan193 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:02 pm wrote:Skrtel would have been my man of the match if it wasn't for that mistake. Now... I don't know maybe Allan.
Also, Coates deserves to be mentioned. Didn't do much better than the others but he had a good game, which I didn't expect.
Sadly, I must say our flop of the match was our captain :(

why do you feel the need to look for a flop? gerrard had a good game, from what i saw. there were moments where a couple of years back he'd have been charging into the box like a steam train but he played a more probing game very well.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:07 pm

Kharhaz » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:03 am wrote:
laza » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:01 pm wrote:
Kharhaz » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:58 pm wrote:Special shout out for the ref, he stank and gave nothing to the reds.

Well to be fair, we did get a free kick which got us second goal that if had been awarded against the Reds. I would have been spewing

Ok, aside from that, what did he ever do for us?  :D

:D

I know what you mean though, we just dont seem to get the rub of green now.

I guess maybe that's  indication of where we have fallen in pecking order
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Hustler » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:07 pm

Good Result for us.

Apart from Gifting City 2 Goals, We only had about 2 shots on Target the whole match, I cant say we played really well.

Things evened themselves out, so a fair result.

Only Mistake Brendan Rodgers made was playing Sterling from the start and for the whole game. He is too young, and needed to be brought in gently to the squad, at only 17 he has loads of time. Throwing him in at the deep end was a mistake.

Tough start to the season, so lets see where we are come end of September.
Last edited by The Hustler on Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Hustler
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Keris » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:08 pm

Good game.
I cannot be disheartened by the draw.
For a side "in progress", we gave the reining champion a run for their Dirham.

I thought the likes of Sterling, Kelly and even Coates have potentials, they just need more playing time.
And what about Allen? it's been a while since we have a talent such as his, not to forget Nuri Sahin and the Oussama Assaidi to come in.

We are a work in progress guys and if this game is an indication of our progress, then bring on the next opponent.
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:10 pm

What a Mistake by Skrtle... That really pisses me off... We were on top when it happened. Don't know what's wrong with Gerrard, he looks very clumsy... Next thing BR must do is to cut down the mistakes. Sterling had a very good game...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:11 pm

andy_g » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:06 pm wrote:
damjan193 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:02 pm wrote:Skrtel would have been my man of the match if it wasn't for that mistake. Now... I don't know maybe Allan.
Also, Coates deserves to be mentioned. Didn't do much better than the others but he had a good game, which I didn't expect.

why do you feel the need to look for a flop? gerrard had a good game, from what i saw. there were moments where a couple of years back he'd have been charging into the box like a steam train but he played a more probing game very well.

I'm sorry but he was really bad today IMO. Too many unsuccessful passes and too much giving the ball away. Didn't create too many chances either. I do not "feel" the need to do anything, it's just my opinion on what I saw today.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:16 pm

damjan193 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:11 am wrote:

I'm sorry but he was really bad today IMO. Too many unsuccessful passes and too much giving the ball away. Didn't create too many chances either. I do not "feel" the need to do anything, it's just my opinion on what I saw today.

Gerrard came out pretty strong, and I thought he played well.  Him and Allen controlled the midfield so well that there was way less pressure on Shelvey, it gave him a bit less responsibility and a bit more time, and he played well because of it. 

Honestly, I thought everybody had a good game today.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby kartiek » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:21 pm

damjan193 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:11 pm wrote:

I disagree, I thought he had a good pretty good first half and a decent second half. Yes, he gave away the ball 2 or 3 times but that happens when you're trying to be creative. Allen though, was outstanding, so was Skrtel until his error. Sterling, Johnson were such a team! I think it's just because of that understanding that Sterling was shifted to the right later in the second half when Kelly came off. Suarez did really well, although he was a tad wasteful and I felt he didn't play Borini in enough with the number of really nice runs that Borini was making. Borini improved by a lot in the second half, but he was to play more centrally I think. Carroll can be a great supersub this season, where we suddenly shift gear and go all out with a completely different gameplan. Loved watching us today, after a long time, just sad we didn't win, because we really deserved to.
kartiek

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:25 pm

Martin Skrtel made me smash my pint glass, that's 2 points down the drain, what on earth made him do a pass back like that? The fella has made two costly mistakes in the space of 8 days. I'm not impressed, it's two mistakes which could have been prevented.
Boxscarf

Postby KingG » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:25 pm

all i have to say is if the players dont turn up with that same attitude next game and thereafter, they should be shown the door.  You cannot produce that sort of game against the champions and switch off when u feel like it
KingG

Postby KingG » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:27 pm

Boxscarf » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:25 pm wrote:Martin Skrtel made me smash my pint glass, that's 2 points down the drain, what on earth made him do a pass back like that? The fella has made two costly mistakes in the space of 8 days. I'm not impressed, it's two mistakes which could have been prevented.

as solid as he has been in general, he is ALWAYS been prone to brain fades like that .. u would hope with the experience he can shake that, but it appears not
KingG

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:32 pm

KingG » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:27 pm wrote:as solid as he has been in general, he is ALWAYS been prone to brain fades like that .. u would hope with the experience he can shake that, but it appears not

It's just not good enough at this level, the first goal we conceded made my blood boil, but the second goal we conceded was just so poor. It's silly things like this which cost us points every season and these points add up. It's one point out of six, we've got Arsenal next weekend. Our players make work far harder for themselves than needs be. I'm really disappointed because we deserved three points and have walked away with just one.
Boxscarf

Postby metalhead » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:35 pm

I thought our weak link was Kelly, had a horrible game by his standards.

Joe Allen was immense, Gerrard had a good game.

We should have won and we gifted them 2 easy goals!

Positives? Great performance
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games