:D :laugh:
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Thu May 10, 2007 12:04 pm

Wasnt these £9 mil clause rumours going around last year?  Owen owes Newcastle and for him to leave would be disgusting.  His on big big money and hasnt even played 1 season up there.

Oh and Owen wasnt forced to join Newcastle.  They may have bid the highest but a player can always refuse to go and Owen didnt.  He chose Newcastle and must live with that decision.

I dont want him back!!!
puroresu

Postby Big Niall » Thu May 10, 2007 12:09 pm

He carried a second tier team under the "management" of that fool GH so I don't blame him for going to Madrid.

The only doubt is injuries. He'll score more league goals than the others put together.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu May 10, 2007 12:14 pm

In his first couple of seasons, he was one of the best Liverpool players I had seen live. His pace was absolutely explosive, his finishing audacious and his commitment & work-rate unquestionable.

Once he broke into the England team, he started to change. I think it was a combination of his own arrogance, Alan Shearer's influence as well as GH & Erikkson's 'coaching' (even before his injuries).
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby duk » Thu May 10, 2007 1:08 pm

Rush and Fowler both left and came back, Gerrard was very close twice!

Lets face it we've never replaced him
Baros
Cisse
Crouch
Bellamy
Kuyt
None of these have made even half the impact Owen did, bringing him back would be a smart move imo
duk

Postby neil » Thu May 10, 2007 1:24 pm

duk wrote:Rush and Fowler both left and came back, Gerrard was very close twice!

Baros
Cisse
Crouch
Bellamy
Kuyt
None of these have made even half the impact Owen did, bringing him back would be a smart move imo

you seem to have forgot that his best years are way behind him, he isnt even that fast anymore
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu May 10, 2007 1:34 pm

Although, the Rush and Fowler that came back weren't the same players as the ones that left!
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Thu May 10, 2007 2:19 pm

exactly(said in the "its what Ian Rush drinks" milk advert stylee)
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu May 10, 2007 3:52 pm

neil wrote:
duk wrote:Rush and Fowler both left and came back, Gerrard was very close twice!

Baros
Cisse
Crouch
Bellamy
Kuyt

you seem to have forgot that his best years are way behind him, he isnt even that fast anymore

...and he's still better than anything we've got!

He has something that only a few world class strikers have.. a natural ability to find the back of the net.

Look at his stats everywhere he has played he has scored loads of goal per game
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby JeffJustice » Thu May 10, 2007 4:21 pm

I think Sheperd has shot himself in the foot publicly insulting Owen. To say in public "None of the top 4 want you. Stay with us or I'll tell everyone that the top 4 don't want you" I think has done Newcastle no favours.
The fact Owen went to Newcastle for the money and didn't show Liverpool a huge deal of loyalty, shows his character wouldn't care much for the fans at newcastle, making it easier for him to walk away.
The guy is still an immense player and I wouldn't be suprised if was at any of the top 4 next season.
JeffJustice

Postby neil » Thu May 10, 2007 4:43 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:
neil wrote:

Baros
Cisse
Crouch
Bellamy
Kuyt

He has something that only a few world class strikers have.. a natural ability to find the back of the net.

Bizarre, he hasn't kicked a ball for 12 months, played 12 games the year before that and then sat on real madrids bench for a year prior to that, he obviously better, thats why newcastle are in the champions league final.....
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby europian-kings » Thu May 10, 2007 5:04 pm

michael may have his best years behind him but some people say playes are in there prime at 28...this meaning owen still can have it :)

and his first game back for newcastle the other day i don't know about you but i saw a slight glimpse of the old michael owen...he looked back to hiself and prety speedy again :)
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Thu May 10, 2007 5:27 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:
neil wrote:

Baros
Cisse
Crouch
Bellamy
Kuyt

Owen is a top class striker, his ability has not waned in my opinion, he has just had persistent injuries that have caused him havoc.

His stats prove he is a natural goalscorer, it is something very hard to find in this division. He's better than the strikers we currently have, that is not to say that the likes of Kuyt and Crouch don't have a part to play next season, because they do.

Owen is just the type of quality we need to reach the highest level, whether we can bring him back or not this summer remains doubtful.
LFC2007

Postby LFC2007 » Thu May 10, 2007 5:30 pm

JeffJustice wrote:I think Sheperd has shot himself in the foot publicly insulting Owen. To say in public "None of the top 4 want you. Stay with us or I'll tell everyone that the top 4 don't want you" I think has done Newcastle no favours.

I think you probably read too many tabloid newspapers.
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill