Crouch can go for £10million

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:47 am

so work ethic is more important than talent, very soon we will have a team of kuyts running around. personally I havent seen any problem with his work ethic, i think the chances he has been given he has performed well and shown he is more of a threat than kuyt and voronin.
112-1077774096

Postby skatesy » Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:53 am

I think that selling Crouch is a bad idea.

It's just that the guy has continued to suprise us with his goals.
skatesy

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:06 am

I think its appalling the way he has treated Crouch, IMO it hasnt been proffesional, or for the good of the team.
66-1112520797

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:25 am

I am usually not a Rafa critic but on the Crouch situation i think sometimes he needs his head testing . the lads done what has been asked of him by putting the ball in the back of the net.
you cant question his commitment on that

I honestly believe there is a problem with the two of them not based on football but well never find out most proberbly until crouch does leave
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby club_Levis » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:02 am

10 million for Crouch would be good business.
club_Levis

Postby Ace Ventura » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:32 am

Cant see why we would want to even consider it tbh.

He is definately our second best strikers and as Rafa has always said he gives us different options.
At this moment in time with the players we currently have he should be playing more often than not as partner to Torres.

Like NANNY RED has said something appears to have gone on behind the scenes there can be no other explanation to him not playing more regulaly.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:44 am

With all these rumours I've seen in recent months we could get the following sales :-

Crouch £10m guaranteed, maybe anything up to £17m if you believe some sources
Carson £10m rumoured for him to stay at villa
Sissoko between £10m and £17m if Italian giants really want him

Don't you guys think these price tags are just a bit too high and unrealistic? We could sell three players who've, let's be honest, ain't done anything that impressive in a Liverpool shirt for THIRTY MILLION POUNDS combined - isn't that a tad in the realms of evertonians dreaming of winning something this season?

Each of those would be AT LEAST a £3m profit and assume the original fee was realistic and they've increased in value. I'd say in each case they've not increased in value, Sissoko was not worth the money we paid for him and neither was Crouch. Crouch was maybe worth £5m when we signed him, Sissoko probably £2m or £3m. If we got £12m combined for both I'd be happy. villa are smalltime, whatever we can con them out of will suit me for Carson, if they think paying £5m+ for him makes them bigtime then let them pay it!

If villa offer £3m for Carson then I'd turn them down, we have made it clear we want to sell players WAY too early in the past and that gives the buyer the power to control the fee - Diouf, Heskey, Cisse and probably more. We've effectively said Carson can go, villa can now use that to negotiate a lower price for a player who has effectively no future at Anfield
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:48 am

Anyway im off to Asda to see if i can bargain there :D
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:50 am

The main problem as I see it is who would we get in to replace him. Most clubs arn't going to release their star striker half way through the season. Most star strikers are already cuptied for the CL anyway (if that is still of any interest to us by Christmas) and most of the strikers we have been rumoured to be interested in would be a huge gamble anyway.
account deleted by request

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:15 pm

Villa ready to offer £20m for Carson and Crouch
By Jason Burt
Published: 17 November 2007
Rafael Benitez has been told he has to sell before he can buy more players for Liverpool – with Aston Villa hoping to sign both Peter Crouch and Scott Carson in the January transfer window.

A £10m deal is thought to be already in place for Carson to turn his season-long loan spell at Villa Park into a permanent move while the club's manager Martin O'Neill has told Liverpool he intends to bid for Crouch. He would also cost upwards of £10m. Both players featured for England in last night's friendly against Austria, with Carson making his debut.

If Benitez, who is under pressure to deliver trophies, having spent more than £40m last summer with the arrival of players such as Fernando Torres and Ryan Babel, can secure the deals he will make a move for the Racing Santander central defender Ezequiel Garay. With Daniel Agger injured, although soon to return to fitness, and Sami Hyypia an unconvincing replacement, Benitez desperately needs to shore up his defence for the rest of the campaign having been prevented, by an arbitration panel, from signing Gabriel Heinze.

Garay, a 21-year-old and, like Heinze, Argentinian, is also likely to cost around £10m with Benitez expected to seek a buyer for John Arne Riise as he attempts to balance the books further and keep the club's American owners happy. Riise has just 18 months left on his contract and is unlikely to be offered a new deal.

It means that Liverpool could be one of the busiest clubs when the transfer window opens. It's also a clear sign that Benitez got his calculations wrong during the summer while selling two English players and buying another foreigner will only add more fuel to the growing debate over quotas – especially as the Liverpool captain, Steven Gerrard, has already expressed his concern.

The departure of Carson is wholly expected, given that the 22-year-old has spent virtually all of his Liverpool career on loan, including last season at Charlton Athletic, since he joined from Leeds United for £750,000 in 2005. The sale represents a tidy profit for Liverpool even if some will be disappointed Benitez never gave any indication that the highly regarded goalkeeper would be allowed to challenge Pepe Reina as the club's No 1.

Liverpool set the ball rolling for Crouch's expected transfer by contacting a number of Premier League clubs earlier this week, partly in an effort to drive the price for the 26-year-old as high as possible. Portsmouth and Newcastle United would like to sign Crouch but Villa – like Portsmouth, one of his former clubs – have shown the greatest interest. Manchester City, after an initial interest, prefer to pursue the Brazilian Afonso Alves from the Dutch club Heerenveen. His fee and wages would be cheaper.

No price has yet been discussed for Crouch, although Villa will probably have to break their transfer record which was set only last January when they bought Ashley Young – who also made his England debut against the Austrians – from Watford for £9.65m.

Crouch has prospered since Liverpool beat West Ham to his signature two years ago with a £7m move from Southampton, winning 23 caps for England and scoring 12 goals for his country, but he has undoubtedly fallen down the pecking order of strikers with the arrival of Torres and Dirk Kuyt.

There has been some talk of friction within the Liverpool camp, and claims that Crouch has an attitude problem, but these are wide of the mark.

Benitez himself has rejected such suggestions and, even though he has used Crouch, who remains extremely popular with Liverpool fans, sparingly he said recently: "He's a nice boy, a good professional, a good players. It is clear that this team now, with four strikers, creates more competition for places, but I don't have any problems because Crouch is a good player."

It seems certain that his departure is driven mainly by economic reasons, given Liverpool's high spending under Benitez, who will now use Babel more in his preferred position as a central striker rather than seek a replacement for Crouch.
account deleted by request

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:41 pm

worth the money we paid for him and neither was Crouch

What planet or you on, Crouch was worth every penny of 7 million pounds. He is a good player.

BTW please dont bring up any of your stats to mislead allegations that Crouch is toot, your view will do.
66-1112520797

Postby Ciggy » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:23 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
worth the money we paid for him and neither was Crouch

What planet or you on, Crouch was worth every penny of 7 million pounds. He is a good player.

Yes he was worth every penny of the 7 million we paid for him.

When you see the likes of Darren Bent 16 million  :Oo:
Yakubu 11 million and Michael Carrick 16 million.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:53 pm

Crouch and Carson for £20m and then Sissoko (provided we keep Mascha) for £7.5m are good deals.

Crouch wants to be the # 1 striker and needs games if he's to be successful - he ain't going to play regular at LFC with Torres about.

Carson wants the same. I'd wish him all the best and also put a buy back clause in any deal as I rate him

Sissoko - unfortunate in that we have a better player in Mascha. Would hate to see him join another EPL team though!!

£27.5m + the additional monies Rafa's been offered and we may see a few more top class names arrive in Jan. If we can hang in there (league I am talking about) and bring in a couple of world class players then we can kick on from there!!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby mantony2552 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:48 pm

If we could get 20-25million for carson, crouch & sissoko, coupled with the alleged 20million rafa has left over from the summer, then why not go in for ricardo quaresma. I'm guessing he'd cost around 20million, so why not? We don't need to replace carson or sissoko, we already have enough quality players in those positions, whilst we simply play babel up front instead of out wide. This opens up room for another winger, and imo the best & most accessible one around is quaresma, so lets get in there b4 chelsea, man u or real madrid do. I know he's playing in the champions league, but porto aren't realistically going to go on and win it (no mention of 2004 please). But then again if there isn't any money left over from the summer, we might as well just throw that idea out.
mantony2552

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:14 pm

Bamaga man wrote:I think its appalling the way he has treated Crouch, IMO it hasnt been proffesional, or for the good of the team.

Unprofessional?, how exactly?
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill