Crouch can go for £10million

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Yessicajax » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:26 pm

Wow man...I think crouch is a great player.Hope ajax will get him. (just heard it on tv he is leaving you guys.)
Image Image Image
A.F.C.A ..... As Finishing touch...God created the Dutch!
Yessicajax

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:32 pm

Yessicajax wrote:Wow man...I think crouch is a great player.Hope ajax will get him. (just heard it on tv he is leaving you guys.)

Wow man, I had no idea Crouch worked for Dutch television, you learn something new every day.
LFC2007

Postby Yessicajax » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:40 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Yessicajax wrote:Wow man...I think crouch is a great player.Hope ajax will get him. (just heard it on tv he is leaving you guys.)

Wow man, I had no idea Crouch worked for Dutch television, you learn something new every day.

Just shut up you kakkerlak :D
Image Image Image
Yessicajax

Postby mantony2552 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:41 pm

what do you lot think of buying riquelme, he's available for only 3million. He has to be one of the best 10 players in the world, at such a low price it isn't much of a risk. He could play behind torres maybe, or we could play the 4-2-3-1 to suit him, who'd you rather have riquelme or crouch/kuyt, it's a no brainer imo.
mantony2552

Postby Ciggy » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:38 am

LFC2007 wrote:

During the Holland game last night Babel came on the last 10 minutes and went straight upfront with Kuyt, the dutch commentator said Babel will now be happy playing in this position regulary for Liverpool with Crouch leaving.

So he must have heard something from either Babel or Kuyt.

Make what you will from the comment I thought it was weird, this commentator isnt like Andy Gray or Shrieves he is with the dutch squad all the time.

Isnt that correct Jess?
Hans Van Kraai junior.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yessicajax » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:38 am

Yea It is Hans Kraay Junior.I think he dont know much but just that he can go. so that will be good for babel or Kuyt.
-x-
Image Image Image
Yessicajax

Postby jkop » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:17 am

I also think it would be a mistake to sell crouch as he is doing whats asked of him, Kuyt and Voronin's work rates are both excellent but they are just not scoring the goals that we want/need.
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:58 pm

Ciggy wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

During the Holland game last night Babel came on the last 10 minutes and went straight upfront with Kuyt, the dutch commentator said Babel will now be happy playing in this position regulary for Liverpool with Crouch leaving.

So he must have heard something from either Babel or Kuyt.

Make what you will from the comment I thought it was weird, this commentator isnt like Andy Gray or Shrieves he is with the dutch squad all the time.

Isnt that correct Jess?
Hans Van Kraai junior.

ALthough this fellas obviously only a dutch commentator i think based on what we have seen so far this season regarding Crouch and in previous seasons with the likes of Baros and Cisse, Crouch is on his way.
He has been virtually frozen out until the last two games and until recently he has looked like he knows he is going.

We have seen somthing different in the last couple of weeks and i would love for it to be that Rafa and Crouch have sorted whatever problem they had out. But i am not convinced yet.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:05 pm

IF we spend the money, then this is a win-win situation.  Yes crouch offers somethings that pretty much nobody else in the world can, but if we sell Momo (I was saying we don't neeed him since the summer, both Lucas and Guthrie seem to have more potential AND gerrard, masch, and alonso are already better) Carson (will never usurp Reina) and Crouch (mixed feelings) then we will probably have around 30 million to spend, which I hope we only buy 2 players with.
JoeTerp

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:46 pm

I think one or two people are getting carried away in this thread with regards to us having a massive January transfer kitty and splashing out on two or three top class players. I expect the reality is more likely gonna be one defender brought in and not much else.

If Crouch does go then I wouldn't underestimate Rafa to not bring in a direct replacement till the end of the season. I read in an article yesterday that in all likelihood his replacement would be Babel being used in an attacking role.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:00 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:I think one or two people are getting carried away in this thread with regards to us having a massive January transfer kitty and splashing out on two or three top class players. I expect the reality is more likely gonna be one defender brought in and not much else.

If Crouch does go then I wouldn't underestimate Rafa to not bring in a direct replacement till the end of the season. I read in an article yesterday that in all likelihood his replacement would be Babel being used in an attacking role.

I'm not sure Rushie, I heard off one of my mates that we have enquired about Sergio Aguero again, but A.Madrid said they wanted Crouch included in any deal, and Crouch said he wasn't interested in leaving England. I presume Aguero would be too dear as a straight buy.

I would certainly be delighted if we got Aguero.

I think Rafa will surprise everyone and get at least 2 players in the window. (at least I am hoping he will  :D  )
account deleted by request

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:13 am

s@int wrote:
RUSHIE#9 wrote:I think one or two people are getting carried away in this thread with regards to us having a massive January transfer kitty and splashing out on two or three top class players. I expect the reality is more likely gonna be one defender brought in and not much else.

I'm not sure Rushie, I heard off one of my mates that we have enquired about Sergio Aguero again, but A.Madrid said they wanted Crouch included in any deal, and Crouch said he wasn't interested in leaving England. I presume Aguero would be too dear as a straight buy.

I would certainly be delighted if we got Aguero.

I think Rafa will surprise everyone and get at least 2 players in the window. (at least I am hoping he will  :D  )

I'm certainly hopin' we get a couple in as well s@int cos we need 'em, but I just get the feeling Rafa will persist with Kuyt as one of his main two strikers.

I think Aguero is a class player but as for Atletico letting him go, I just can't see it so soon after Torres.

Then again if we all send our letters to Santa asking for a quality forward like Aguero we might just get what we want!  :p  :laugh:
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:05 am

s@int wrote:I think Rafa will surprise everyone and get at least 2 players in the window. (at least I am hoping he will  :D  )

The key Saint, might be how much leeway has Rafa got by then? January is a long time away, and by then our whole season and Rafa's tenure could look very different. Defeat at Home to Man Utd, and/or failure to beat Marseilles away and the forum by then could be a very interesting place. Under those circumstances, the faith which the new owners have in the manager will be severely tested and how much he is backed could be decisive IMHO.

FWIW I think we will still be hanging on to a slight hope in the premiership by then, and we might beat Marseilles away so Rafa will get his wishes. I'm actually with saint, my hunch is he'll spring a surprise by spending big. He'll need to, because if he isn't going to play Crouch we are desperately short of strikers, and we desperately need centre half cover. Should be an interesting couple of months.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 19, 2007 9:09 am

Yessicajax wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

Just shut up you kakkerlak :D

You got that one right Jess :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:45 am

This thread has 3 pages, but I'd like to know, how much credibility do you give to this rumours of offloading Crouch or Sissoko in winter? are you certain they're going to go?

For 10M, it's going to be difficult to bring a better striker than Crouch. For 20 though, mmmm, you could start to bring players like Villa, who are blatantly unsettled in Valencia.

But, IMHO important striker movements must be done in summer, not in the winter market which by definition is more expensive.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill