Crouch can go for £10million

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:26 pm

Sabre wrote:This thread has 3 pages, but I'd like to know, how much credibility do you give to this rumours of offloading Crouch or Sissoko in winter? are you certain they're going to go?

For 10M, it's going to be difficult to bring a better striker than Crouch. For 20 though, mmmm, you could start to bring players like Villa, who are blatantly unsettled in Valencia.

But, IMHO important striker movements must be done in summer, not in the winter market which by definition is more expensive.

Crouch has only 18 months on his contract, if we leave it till the summer we will be lucky to get £5million for him. If Rafa wants to get shut we will have to do it at Christmas. We have a similar problem with Riise, unless we give him a new contract.

So unless Rafa has a change of heart about Crouch, I am pretty sure he will have to go.

Sissoko may be going to help pay for Mascherano?
account deleted by request

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:23 pm

Sabre wrote:This thread has 3 pages, but I'd like to know, how much credibility do you give to this rumours of offloading Crouch or Sissoko in winter? are you certain they're going to go?

For 10M, it's going to be difficult to bring a better striker than Crouch. For 20 though, mmmm, you could start to bring players like Villa, who are blatantly unsettled in Valencia.

But, IMHO important striker movements must be done in summer, not in the winter market which by definition is more expensive.

Sabre this is a forum, not behind the doors at Anfield, we are allowed to dream up crazy deals of selling off 5 players in January in order to buy Ronaldinho   :D

If you had to choose one of the two options which would you rather have

A:
Mascherano
David Villa

B:
Crouch
Carson
Momo
Riise

Obviously that is not how Rafa breaks it down in his head, but I was just wondering, and I really hope that we have the cash in the budget to sign Mascherano without having to sell any more than Carson
JoeTerp

Postby Sabre » Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:48 pm

Of course Joe, you misenterpreted my comment. It wasn't a criticism, do not forget that unlike for many fans this is my only window of information to Liverpool, I don't read english press, nor the echo, I don't have mates in the pub that are Liverpool fans, nor an Uncle Albert in the club. So I just was wondering whether it was a strong rumour, or almost a certainty  and I wanted to know the chances the mates give to the departure of Crouch this winter. S@int's comment makes sense, although I don't think that the prize will lower as much as to 5M in summer.

About the options you present, I preffer option A. So would Rafa, IMHO :)
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:11 pm

Sabre wrote:Of course Joe, you misenterpreted my comment. It wasn't a criticism, do not forget that unlike for many fans this is my only window of information to Liverpool, I don't read english press, nor the echo, I don't have mates in the pub that are Liverpool fans, nor an Uncle Albert in the club. So I just was wondering whether it was a strong rumour, or almost a certainty  and I wanted to know the chances the mates give to the departure of Crouch this winter. S@int's comment makes sense, although I don't think that the prize will lower as much as to 5M in summer.

About the options you present, I preffer option A. So would Rafa, IMHO :)

Owen went from an estimated value of £20million+ to being sold for £8 + Nunez :down:  , I think a value of £5million for Crouch in the last year of his contract in the summer is not far off mate. Of course its supply and demand at the end of the day, and hopefully a few clubs will want him, but we would be gambling with a lot of money.
account deleted by request

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:17 pm

A front line of Torres and Villa would have me cumming in my pants, me thinks...

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby club_Levis » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:22 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:A front line of Torres and Villa would have me cumming in my pants, me thinks...

Same here Lando. I understand Spurs are already lining up an offer for the kid.
club_Levis

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:03 pm

Sabre wrote:So would Rafa, IMHO :)

I am not so sure. As S@int has pointed out, it seems that Rafa prefers to have more options that offer different things and are all of "good quality" than fewer players (and therefore less options, meaning less rotations) that are of a "great" quality.   

I would hope Rafa would choose A, and it really doesn't seem THAT impossible, might have to wait till summer for a player like Villa though.  But I think the sooner we shore up Mascherano the better.  That way we can squash any idea that some even bigger money clubs might have for Joorbachian AND to show Javier that we value what he offers the team.
JoeTerp

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Nov 21, 2007 12:57 pm

Sabre wrote:For 10M, it's going to be difficult to bring a better striker than Crouch. For 20 though, mmmm, you could start to bring players like Villa, who are blatantly unsettled in Valencia.

Dont want to lose Crouch at all, but the thought of Villa and Torres together is certainly a mouthwatering one.

I havent watched much of la liga this season or heard any rumours about Villa being possibly unsettled.
Is that due to the change of manager ?
Isnt he still on a long term contract though ? I would assume he would be more than 20 million, but if he was available and at that price we should do all we can to get him. Fantastic player imo.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:06 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
Sabre wrote:So would Rafa, IMHO :)

I am not so sure. As S@int has pointed out, it seems that Rafa prefers to have more options that offer different things and are all of "good quality" than fewer players (and therefore less options, meaning less rotations) that are of a "great" quality. 

Yes he has done that, but under what circunstances?

When two winters ago he approached Victor the deportivo midfielder it was clear enough what was the priority, he had many gaps in the squad and men like him, a right midfielder that can make also a job as central midfield were good options.

But under this scenario of having a deep squad? No, he would go for option A). Because to substitute Riise he has the Aurelio and Arbeloa options. To substitute Sissoko he has options. And if it's true some teams would pay those amounts mentioned for Crouch (20 M for him and Carson) he'd offload him and bring something better for sure.

In a nutshell, he signed players that gave us options because it was required, there were gaps in the squad. Gerrard had to play right and even left to fill these gaps. Zenden made games in the left and in the middle. 

Who on earth wouldn't like to have a great player in his team? but those require a lot of money.

I havent watched much of la liga this season or heard any rumours about Villa being possibly unsettled.
Is that due to the change of manager ?

No, it's due to looong term problems mate. Very old and deep problems even before Rafa's tenure there.

Valencia are a brothel, a mess, they chairman doesn't get along well with the sports director. The sports director do not talk with the coach, who has been sacked. Their impatient crowd are fuming, and there's tension in the training sessions with outraged fans.

Typical Valencia  :laugh: Real Madrid are tempting Villa with their typical tactics of talking the player rather than the club. Valencia hasn't energically responded NO to the possibility of selling. And quite frankly, I think we can outbid Madrid if they give us 20M for Crouch and Carson.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:29 pm

Well i think Crouch will be going, just a feeling based on what we have previously seen with the likes of Cisse and Bellamy etc.
Carson definately looks to be on his way so its likely that there will be 20 million+ coming in.
We definately need a central defender but there should of still been funds available from the summer as Heinze was earmarked for 7 million.

Is it likely that Villa would fancy moving to England ?
And is it likely that he would be 20 million ?

One other factor about Real Madrid is the constant speculation regarding Drogba. It was on the ever reliable SSN this morning that Real are lining up a 30 million bid in January.

Anyway you have set the mind thinking now...Torres and Villa...kin ell that would scare the sh!t out of the best defences.

Dont ye just love the rumour mill  :D

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:35 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:A front line of Torres and Villa would have me cumming in my pants, me thinks...

a packet of crisps and some hair highlights would have the same affect.

:D

:p

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:00 pm

latest rumour is that portsmouth want him back.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport....0138981
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Dundalk » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:32 pm

From Football 365....

Manchester City could be set to move for Peter Crouch after chairman Thaksin Shinawatra confirmed manager Sven-Goran Eriksson was a big fan of the striker.

Eriksson was a champion of Crouch, 26, while England manager and it is no secret he is keen to recruit a forward during the January transfer window.

"Sven is looking for one striker and one or two midfielders," Thaksin told Sky Sports News.

"Sven does like Peter Crouch, very much. But he has yet to decide [whether to make an offer]."

Crouch has been constantly linked with a move away from Liverpool this season after seeing his first-team appearances severely limited.

He could command more than the £7million Rafael Benitez paid for him more than two years ago but Thaksin insists City will be not be held to ransom over any player.

He added: "We are looking for good players that are good money, not too expensive. I am not in the position to buy everything at any cost.

"Sven will pick the right person at the right price."
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:16 am

Who would replace him?

Voronin is surely not a long-term LFC player and Kuyt is not a prolific goalscorer.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:09 pm

Well unless Rafa was lying through his teeth at yesterdays press conference in which he said "Peter is not for sale" I don't see how this "Crouch can go for £10 million" talk can be sustained.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill