Owen transfer to mancs agreed

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby account deleted by request » Sun May 20, 2007 1:06 pm

Bayern confirm sale of Hargreaves 

Bayern Munich have agreed to sell Owen Hargreaves to Manchester United.
Club president Franz Beckenbauer told German TV: "Owen is leaving. That was the player's wish. It's a good match and it's also a good deal financially."

Beckenbauer said the transfer fee was "in the range" of £17m - which would be a record for a Bundesliga player.

Hargreaves, 26, has been at Bayern for 10 years but after starring for England at the World Cup last year, he admitted he wanted to play in the Premiership.

United quickly moved to open negotiations with Bayern and made offers in the summer transfer window and in January but the German club refused to sell - until now.

Hargreaves is expected to sign a four-year deal with the newly-crowned Premiership champions.

A good signing for the mancs, but I think they have again paid top dollar for their signing. I am a bit worried that their midfield is looking much better now. Anyone's better than Fletcher I suppose.
account deleted by request

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun May 20, 2007 1:10 pm

Jesus Christ, S@int.

Won't tell you what I was thinking. :D
jonnymac1979

Postby account deleted by request » Sun May 20, 2007 1:11 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:Jesus Christ, S@int.

Won't tell you what I was thinking. :D

I know mate, thought it might liven up a quiet Sunday afternoon  :D

Postby NANNY RED » Sun May 20, 2007 1:24 pm

same thoughts from me put me off my bacon sarny until i read it
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Sun May 20, 2007 1:28 pm

you are a wan..ker:D

goes to show that a lot of us would like owen back here rather than at the salford barstards.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun May 20, 2007 1:50 pm

BOODIDDY wrote:goes to show that a lot of us would like owen back here rather than at the salford barstards.

I've never made any secret about that fact. 

So what if we all thought once he'd never leave us.  He's not like Robbie, Owen always belonged to Ing-Er-Lund rather than Liverpool.  Newcastle are finding out about that now. 

We've done pretty okay without him some people might say (and it probably hurts Owen to admit to be one of those people) but he's an out and out fucking goal machine when he's fit and he looks like a new man.  A lot has been made about the fact that he's a stone heavier (in muscle mass rather than body fat) than before he had his injury.  He's probably lost that explosive pace but it makes no difference to me, a fit Michael Owen is STILL one of, if not THE most cold and clinical striker(s) in front of goal in the World.  He doesn't give goalkeepers a chance, this man knows where the goal is.  Nobody can doubt that.

Who cares that he left us.  He's the one who lost out, not us.  If he's in the market, we HAVE to enquire at least.  We'd be fools not to.  He's not even 28 years old yet.  Simple as that in my opinion.
jonnymac1979

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun May 20, 2007 2:20 pm

Feck sake S@int. :D

17 Million, thats alot of money for him. A bit like Carrick too .......... oh well.
66-1112520797

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun May 20, 2007 2:41 pm

S@int you barsteward :angry:

:D

I lost a lot of respect for him in the past couple of years but on reading that title I was thinking, god no!

A fully fit Michael Owen for £9-12million would be an absolute steal and yes I'd sweep the slate clean. (Am I being harsh? I don't know). JMAC is right though about HIM missing out and I for one was made up that HE had to watch us lift the european cup the season after he walked out to achieve things just like that at Real Madrid. Now though having seen us come short in the striking department, I would welcome him back with open arms (but only after he'd bagged number 20 for the season  :D ).

£17m for Owen Hargreaves Image
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sun May 20, 2007 2:59 pm

I have just been on a Newcastle forum and they seem to have accepted he is off if he gets an offer from a top club.Typical comment " Honestly owen can go fuc.k himselg. if he was going to stay he would have came out and said summit"

I would love Owen to come back, he may not be loyal but he does score goals. The thought of him ever playing for the Mancs does my head in.

Postby metalhead » Sun May 20, 2007 3:33 pm

Hargreaves= Overrated.

I watch him with bayern munich, average at least. 17m.. HUGE risk.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Sun May 20, 2007 4:07 pm

17 million hahahahahah dumb :censored:....carrick will be more on the attacking mode nex season....GOOD..!!!
Elchris

Postby matrix » Sun May 20, 2007 4:08 pm

this might be the hargreaves thread...  but im going to talk about michael owen...

i would take him back in a second, and so would most of you...

much was said of his move to the toons,  but he just had to get away from those feckers real madrid, when he was there it was like anywhere but here...

can you imagine a forward line up of owen and tevez...

that's  not a dream it's  a possibility... 

we haven't  missed owen in europe...  but wev'e  missed him big time in the premiership...

i would welcome owen back with open arms...  :;):

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Sun May 20, 2007 4:22 pm

s@int wrote:I have just been on a Newcastle forum and they seem to have accepted he is off if he gets an offer from a top club.Typical comment " Honestly owen can go fuc.k himselg. if he was going to stay he would have came out and said summit"

I would love Owen to come back, he may not be loyal but he does score goals. The thought of him ever playing for the Mancs does my head in.

saint...

dont believe everything you read  especially from a toon forum site...

jesus christ there is so much shi.te written at the moment about michael owen joining shamrock rovers or those feckers manure, or maybe my old school might go into the market for him...   dont you hate this time of the season.    :D
Last edited by matrix on Sun May 20, 2007 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun May 20, 2007 8:44 pm

it could actually rise to £23m if the mancs win things. the price is ludicrous.

alonso, gerrard, sissoko and mascherano have cost us £16m combined.  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Sun May 20, 2007 8:46 pm

stmichael wrote:it could actually rise to £23m if the mancs win things. the price is ludicrous.

alonso, gerrard, sissoko and mascherano have cost us £16m combined.  :D

16m combined? now thats a slight under estimate isnt it?
i know we got value... but...
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill