Owen - Dont shoot me

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby account deleted by request » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:14 pm

My nightmare is that we are skint, and will have to sell Torres and Keane and bring in Heskey and Owen :D

Seriously I would love Owen to come back.
account deleted by request

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:49 pm

Sounds good to me

He made a mistake by leaving us, he's paid greatly for it and I would have him back again. Great striker when he's fit, and who else could we get instead when we are skint
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby kopite_1232002 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:39 pm

lets bring back cisse after all he does have a liverpool tatto lol
kopite_1232002

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:05 pm

£4m for Owen represents a v.good deal.

In Jan he'll have 6 months of his contract left and he can start to dictate what happens. Not sure I'd welcome the £100k+ weekly wage mind you but sure that if Michael loves LFC as much as people say he does he would take a wage cut to re-join LFC. It's not like he needs the money afterall!!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:18 pm

On decent wages ie 50 grand or so a week and on a free or for couple of mil then yeah would sign him
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:00 pm

No. No. No.

We are better than Owen.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:26 am

Owen is one of the top 10 strikers in the world mind you when he's fit . I think he has had a horrid time with injuries with newcastle but he was superb for us , and superb for madrid , he scored quite a couple of goals coming of the bench , 4 million would be a very good price for a potent and top striker .
Last edited by Toffeehater on Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redmikey » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:17 pm

i ve said yes to owen for years tocome back and i think this is his last chance to prove to all the doubters that he can be the best finisher in the world in the box, imho he will wants to come back and the senior players would have him back but rafa is not likely to have him becauce owen did put any faith in rafa when rafa asked him to stay.

owen would have far more impact than robbie did coming back would only be half as welcome by the fans
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:47 pm

I'd have him back for £3m @ £40k p/w.

Only because that'd be incredible value for a player of his quality (even if he was crocked half the time). He still remains a bit of a c....t in my eyes, though, moving to enhance his career prospects :laugh: and leaving us in the lurch.
LFC2007

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:59 pm

I would love Owen back, he is a bargain price but the risk of injury would have to offset by the contract we offered. I would offer something similar to what Arsenal are rumoured to be considering...... £60k p.w. plus £20k or so extra per game, maybe with a bonus for goals.
account deleted by request

Postby Dundalk » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:08 pm

Cool Hand Luke wrote:Only if he comes on a free transfer and pay as you play wages, meaning he would get next to nothing if he was injured.

:nod
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:30 am

redmikey wrote:i ve said yes to owen for years tocome back and i think this is his last chance to prove to all the doubters that he can be the best finisher in the world in the box, imho he will wants to come back and the senior players would have him back but rafa is not likely to have him becauce owen did put any faith in rafa when rafa asked him to stay.

owen would have far more impact than robbie did coming back would only be half as welcome by the fans

Actually Rafa considered buying Owen for the 2007/8 season, but he went with Torres instead. 

I would love to have him here, but I think that he's too similar to Keane and there would be no room for him.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:27 pm

ruskiy playmaker wrote:
redmikey wrote:i ve said yes to owen for years tocome back and i think this is his last chance to prove to all the doubters that he can be the best finisher in the world in the box, imho he will wants to come back and the senior players would have him back but rafa is not likely to have him becauce owen did put any faith in rafa when rafa asked him to stay.

Actually Rafa considered buying Owen for the 2007/8 season, but he went with Torres instead. 

I would love to have him here, but I think that he's too similar to Keane and there would be no room for him.

Nah he's nothing like Keane. MO is an out and out striker who would offer back up to Torres.

I hope he comes back in January. A great boost at a very important time of the season.

What he will need to consider is (and it'd be a test of his confidence/attitude to the club) will he be comfortable coming into a squad that is much stronger than any previous squad he has ever played in. Not an automatic choice if fit and may have to settle for a place on the bench initially!!

Or will he go to a Man City or something like that where he knows he'll play most weeks when fit.

Time will tell.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Koptite » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:00 pm

i would love to see him back at the club he would add some good competion upfront and expeirence
Koptite

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:14 pm

Dundalk wrote:
Cool Hand Luke wrote:Only if he comes on a free transfer and pay as you play wages, meaning he would get next to nothing if he was injured.

:nod

What them two said,

But sayin that NO i changed me mind ,
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill