Michael owen - Available for £10million

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed May 09, 2007 7:19 am

yeah, he was told to wait, he was told to tell madrid that he would only go to liverpool leaving madrid whether to keep him or accept our price for him, he bottled it, he wouldnt do that in case they kept him.

to be fair he would have gone the world cup anyway even if he was in madrid
112-1077774096

Postby woof woof ! » Wed May 09, 2007 10:25 am

There's an awful lot of bitterness being expressed in this thread . Personally my take is let bygones be bygones , if Owen returned to LFC I'd be more than happy, and at £10 million where else would you find a striker of Owens quality for that price ? .

As for the "injury prone" fears .Owen has always been injury prone it's not something that just started to happen in the last two seasons , he had many spells out injured when he was with us , it didn't stop us from trying to hang onto him.

He's a certainly a class above anyone in our current strike force (and perhaps most of the other strikers in the prem), doesn't need a season to bed into the "english game" and still has a great understanding with Gerrard .

Lets not cut off our noses to spite our face . Owen back at LFC makes perfect footballing sense to me.
Last edited by woof woof ! on Wed May 09, 2007 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed May 09, 2007 11:12 am

I would have him back in the flash.  He made a mistake.. so what.  I never understood the lack of "love" the Liverpool fans had for Owen. He scored loads of goals for LFC when Houllier was here in a team that made virtually no chances for him.  He would score bucket loads now.

BRING HIM HOME!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby grayghost » Wed May 09, 2007 12:24 pm

keegan,Rush,Birdsley all left Liverpool but were still respected buy the fans why not Owen. For a long time he was ur only good player and dug us out of deep holes many a time. Never forgrt the FA final when he got 2 .
grayghost

Postby BOODIDDY » Wed May 09, 2007 2:49 pm

i'd have him back in aflash. 10m is nothing these days and if we are to get 8m for bellamy  then owen must come back. he was a star for us and give us great moments. he would relish the chance to play with stevie, jamie and the reds.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed May 09, 2007 3:17 pm

he wont come here. he will do his time owed at newcastle, at xmas sign a contract probably with the mancs
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby t-h-o-m » Wed May 09, 2007 3:32 pm

BOODIDDY wrote:i'd have him back in aflash. 10m is nothing these days and if we are to get 8m for bellamy  then owen must come back. he was a star for us and give us great moments. he would relish the chance to play with stevie, jamie and the reds.

I totally agree with you
t-h-o-m

Postby europian-kings » Wed May 09, 2007 5:41 pm

id love to have michael back at the club.
think back to that day when the news fell through that robbie fowler has joined liverpool again. although i thought he had lost it, i stil loved the fact that he was back at liverpool because i just wanted to c the legend in a red shirt again. if michael comes back imagine seeing him as a red again, i think it wuld b an absoloute dream :D
europian-kings
LFC Super Member

Postby DZed » Thu May 10, 2007 5:27 am

I figure I'd reply to this topic seeing that I accidentally posted it on the other forum. So now that I've had time to think about this scenario, I think 9 million would be a steal. Of course I'll never forget or forgive the fact that he went to Real Madrid. However, I believe he learnt his lesson and sincerely wanted to comeback to Liverpool. It didn't happen and I don't blame him for that. He knew and was probably told that he could either stay and sit on the bench or go to Newcastle for 17.5 million. Real Madrid would never have sold him to a European rival for 8 million, especially as they could get keep him as a superstr sub. So with that said, 9 million would be a bargain. Rafa will likely get at least 50 million to spend and that's excluding the money he'll get for selling players such as Bellamy and Cisse. Our strikeforce has been our downfall these past few seasons and adding Owen would only improve it. We would also have a lot of money left to spend on a winger, a leftback, and another worldclass striker! Crouch, Kuyt, Owen, and say Bent, Eto, Tevez, Torres, or Villa, would be a formidable strikerforce.
DZed

Postby account deleted by request » Thu May 10, 2007 7:55 am

Shepherd tells Owen to stay loyal 

Angry Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd has told Michael Owen to show some loyalty and warned him none of the 'big four' clubs want to buy him.
Shepherd is furious after reports suggested Owen, who has played only 13 games since joining Newcastle for £17m in 2005, could leave in the summer.

"Michael has two choices: he can come out and tells our fans that he is happy here," Shepherd told the Daily Express.

"Or I tell him none of the big four are interested. Because that's the case."

A report in the Times newspaper suggested Owen could be available for less than £10m and could be a target for the likes of Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal.

He has to prove to everyone, himself and Newcastle United included, that he is fully recovered

But Shepherd went on: "These suggestions will not impress our fans after what has happened in the last couple of years.

"This report was a very thinly-disguised attempt to flog Owen from under our feet, sourced very close to the player or those who look after him. The information must have come from there, not from our club."

Owen arrived at St James' Park in 2005 but played only 11 games in his first season before breaking a bone in his foot.

He recovered in time to play at the World Cup where he suffered a serious knee injury which ruled him out of most of this season.

Shepherd said: "The loyalty this club has shown him over the last two years, when he had injury problems in his first season and had missed virtually all of this season, deserves something in return.

"He has had a really serious injury and no-one, least of all one of the biggest clubs, is likely to take a risk at this stage.

"He has to prove to everyone, himself and Newcastle United included, that he is fully recovered and not about to break down again."

Sounds like the rumours about the contract clauses are true( at least Fat Freddie doesn't deny them)and that the rumours have been started by Owens agent! I really don't want to see him going to the Mancs, so I hope either we buy him or he stays where he is.
account deleted by request

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu May 10, 2007 9:31 am

Dunk (Editor of Koptalk) believes Owen is coming back to replace Belamy and has offered a £50 bet to anyone on Koptalk who thinks differently.

On the basis that £50 isn't that much money and how many people might well be prepared to put it up, you might suggest he is fairly confident?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby club_Levis » Thu May 10, 2007 10:26 am

woof woof ! wrote:There's an awful lot of bitterness being expressed in this As for the "injury prone" fears .Owen has always been injury prone it's not something that just started to happen in the last two seasons , he had many spells out injured when he was with us , it didn't stop us from trying to hang onto him.

And that was one of the main reasons we never won the league!!! having your " best " striker always sidelined by injuries. Personally I believe Owen is a closed chapter. We shouldnt take him back!!!
club_Levis

Postby stmichael » Thu May 10, 2007 11:33 am

s@int wrote:Shepherd tells Owen to stay loyal 

Angry Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd has told Michael Owen to show some loyalty and warned him none of the 'big four' clubs want to buy him.
Shepherd is furious after reports suggested Owen, who has played only 13 games since joining Newcastle for £17m in 2005, could leave in the summer.

"Michael has two choices: he can come out and tells our fans that he is happy here," Shepherd told the Daily Express.

"Or I tell him none of the big four are interested. Because that's the case."

A report in the Times newspaper suggested Owen could be available for less than £10m and could be a target for the likes of Chelsea, Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal.

He has to prove to everyone, himself and Newcastle United included, that he is fully recovered

But Shepherd went on: "These suggestions will not impress our fans after what has happened in the last couple of years.

"This report was a very thinly-disguised attempt to flog Owen from under our feet, sourced very close to the player or those who look after him. The information must have come from there, not from our club."

Owen arrived at St James' Park in 2005 but played only 11 games in his first season before breaking a bone in his foot.

He recovered in time to play at the World Cup where he suffered a serious knee injury which ruled him out of most of this season.

Shepherd said: "The loyalty this club has shown him over the last two years, when he had injury problems in his first season and had missed virtually all of this season, deserves something in return.

"He has had a really serious injury and no-one, least of all one of the biggest clubs, is likely to take a risk at this stage.

"He has to prove to everyone, himself and Newcastle United included, that he is fully recovered and not about to break down again."

Sounds like the rumours about the contract clauses are true( at least Fat Freddie doesn't deny them)and that the rumours have been started by Owens agent! I really don't want to see him going to the Mancs, so I hope either we buy him or he stays where he is.

Ah Freddy Shepard. Talks about the loyalty Newcastle have showed Owen.

What loyalty? The loyalty that you are contractually obliged to show him? He didnt want to join your club in the first place mate. You outbid the club he really wanted to join. And If your stupid enough to agree to insert such a low release clause then thats your fault isnt it? Did you not think that if Owen had asked for said clause, then he might actually consider triggering it?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby zarababe » Thu May 10, 2007 11:46 am

What do you expect - Shepherd is a failure - and now he's resorting to bully boy tactics. Appoint Sam and u expect Owen to stay :D

Owen engineered his move to Real - where was his loyalty to Liverpool? since then it has all been downhill for him - no-one who has left this club has gone on to greater things !
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby neil » Thu May 10, 2007 11:46 am

here we go again  :down: england this england that, I dont want this self centered overated midget back. Torres, now theres a player.
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill