Dirk kuyt...a done deal? - As above

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Anfield Kop » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:48 am

anti-hero wrote:I'm thinking he's a Dutch version of Heskey at the moment.

He was played out of position and he didn't look too comfortable out there.
" You'll Never Walk Alone "
Anfield Kop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:00 am

Yup ... I think Cisse or Heskey played better as a winger ..
LiverpoolMadman

Postby Gaunt » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:26 am

LiverpoolMadman wrote:

Yup ... I think Cisse or Heskey played better as a winger ..

Do you just hate all new strikers coming in because it means the end for the love of your love Cisse?
Gaunt

Postby tubby » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:46 am

He didnt impress to be honest last night but he was playing out of position. Her had one good chance to sqaure it to Van Nistelrooy but went for a shot.

Hopefully we will see him playing in his normal position in the next round.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:49 am

Last night was the first chance i have had to watch him play, i thought he struggled a bit but worked hard, he won the majority of his headers and tracked back.
He was obviously played out of position and the fact that Argentina dominated posession the majority of the match didnt help.
What struck me was the amount of times Holland were knocking it long in the air towards him, even the goal kicks from Van Der Sar were aimed at him, he must be decent in the air.
The jury is still out for me, but i thought he did ok in difficult circumstances, but thats just based on 1 performance.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby EddieC » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:49 am

bavlondon wrote:Hopefully we will see him playing in his normal position in the next round.

I doubt it, I think they'll be back to Robben, Horseface & Van Persie in the next game. Kuyt only got a game because it wasn't that important.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby drummerphil » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:16 am

Sorry lads hope i'm wrong but cant see why £10+ are being mentioned.Watched him about 6 times now and i see him in the james Beattie,collins john,kevin philips (now) and probably chris sutton (now)....type of striker who will score you 8-12 goals over a season,but not add a great deal more to the team.We would spend all season waiting for that special something, that we can all see will eventually justify why we would spend that amount of money on him and offer loads of discussion and threads on here "did you see that" "wow i can see why he was £10m" etc etc.........when in reality we have had exactly the same players in Nando and Cisse and got rid.....hope i'm wrong but in the 6 times i've seen him its Nando without a tan........... ???
my reason for living

Bob Paisley : "Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second."

drummerphil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kewellandthegang » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:57 am

kuyt is a shock - a non free scoring striker - another one  :(
kewellandthegang

Postby stmichael » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:11 pm

kewellandthegang wrote:kuyt is a shock - a non free scoring striker - another one  :(

yeah 71 goals in 101 games for feyenoord is pi$$ poor. ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Judge » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:17 pm

stmichael wrote:
kewellandthegang wrote:kuyt is a shock - a non free scoring striker - another one  :(

yeah 71 goals in 101 games for feyenoord is pi$$ poor. ???

i think this geezer wants 101 goals in 71 games

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:41 pm

thats the first time i've seen him play and i thought he was pants. i'll watch him again though to make sure. shame
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:41 pm

People are too obsessed with wanting flair in the forward department I think. Whilst bellamy will provide some of that, Kuyt just isn't that type of player. He can score goals and he's technically 'good', but he's not a classy player. He's a very Benitez style player. Hard working and first and foremost thinks of the team.

If anything though he's a Crouch style player who is much, much better. A better touch, better mobility and a better eye for goal.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Anfield Kop » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:46 pm

Totally agree with St Mike. Dirk Kuyt is the type of player that Rafa likes and fits well in his system.
" You'll Never Walk Alone "
Anfield Kop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:00 pm

I only watched the first half yesterday, it was a low key performance in a low key match while playing in an awkward position, he is a striker who can fill in on the right, but yesterday he was playing on the left!

PROS

-He is tall, strong, aggressive and good in the air. Is extremely fit and hard working. Will defiantly help with the defensive side of the game.

-He defiantly can play with his back to goal, is not selfish despite yesterday getting it wrong with that shot, will get involved with loads of attacking moves even when he isn’t scoring.

-Has scored a lot of goals in Holland playing as a striker, and has set up a lot of goals as well.

-I presume he speaks good English, and Dutch players traditionally have no problems adjusting to the lifestyle in England or the type of football played in the Premiership.

-He has been loyal to Feyenoord and their fans seem to have a huge amount of respect for his character, he seems a good professional.

-He is at a prime age of 25. Has not suffered any major injuries.

CONS

-He is obviously untested in the Premiership.

-10 Mil is a lot to pay for a player who hasn’t proved himself in European or international football.

-His touch and technique is questionable bearing in mind the 10 Mil price tag.
………………………………………………………..

I deliberately didn’t mention his pace, people have been calling him slow? For me he is not lightning quick but he is defiantly not slow, he has the ability to beat a man with his pace, I think he is at least as quick as RVN if not a bit quicker.

For me it is not a question of whether he would adjust, because I am 90% sure it wouldn’t be a problem, and he is defiantly a Rafa style player, but the question is whether he is worth paying 10 Mil for? And it is not possible to make that judgement after watching him only a few times, I’m sure if Rafa buys him he would have seen him at least 10 times including watching him live a few times. I like the player and think he would be good for us, it’s just a matter if he is 10 Mil good.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kingycrouch » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:17 pm

ye kuyt would be a great addition to our squad have him and bellamy up front for away games and crouch and bellamy for home games
David Villa would be a great signing if possible come on benitez listen to Garcia on this one
kingycrouch

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill