Dirk kuyt...a done deal? - As above

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby murphy0151 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:57 pm

DonnieDarko wrote:Kuyt has not impressed me at all so far. He seems to be..well slow. He really doesn't have an exceptional touch either. He really has been invisible most of the match except for one shot from a tight angle.

In my oppinion, he is not worth 10m. I hope that he changes my mind in the second half.

wopper
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby Sparky » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:16 pm

7_Kewell wrote:
Sparky wrote:
spion wrote:World cup latest also said that we're after Saviola as well?

source - welsh wizard!!!?

:help

link

was on about this lad! maybe my sense of humour just sucks nowadays!!
"My Idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility"

"To build Liverpool up and up, untill eventually everyone would have to submit!!!"
Sparky

Postby Kopite-Jud » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:13 pm

:p dont judge a player off one dodgy performance
Kopite-Jud

Postby kingycrouch » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:30 pm

thats true not even ronaldinho has a good game every match i can only think of one player who has a fantastic game every match and thats STEVEN GERRARD
David Villa would be a great signing if possible come on benitez listen to Garcia on this one
kingycrouch

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:38 pm

Kuyt was played on the left tonight. That is clearly not his position!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:40 pm

GOAT wrote:
Paul C wrote:
HacksawJimDuggin wrote:Kuyt, Bellamy, Fowler and Crouch would give us a formidable strikeforce for next season.

I think the same but I'm unsure about us getting Kuyt, I read somewhere that Chris Bascombe says that we haven't got enough money in the kitty to buy Kuyt but if we've got £30m then I'm sure we can afford Kuyt, Bellamy and a decent (£6m+) right winger, we do that then I'm sure we'll improve a lot next season with Paletta and Gonzalez also added  :cool:

Looks like the right winger is already sealed, alves. Bellamy Alves and Kuyt will suit me fine for summer signings along with gonzalez palleta and aurelio coming in

Yeah they would be great additions to our squad, but the question is how long will it take them to settle down?
48-1119859832

Postby 48-1119859832 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:42 pm

kingycrouch wrote:thats true not even ronaldinho has a good game every match i can only think of one player who has a fantastic game every match and thats STEVEN GERRARD

Detatch your lips from Gerrard's bumcheeks.  :D

That's a ludacris comment.
48-1119859832

Postby kingycrouch » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:50 pm

haha but u no its true he has never had a bad game
David Villa would be a great signing if possible come on benitez listen to Garcia on this one
kingycrouch

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:59 pm

Sparky wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:
Sparky wrote:
spion wrote:World cup latest also said that we're after Saviola as well?

source - welsh wizard!!!?

:help

link

was on about this lad! maybe my sense of humour just sucks nowadays!!

i thought it was funny myself  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:03 pm

This ones looking better and better. I will be well happy to have alves bellamy kuyt and gonzalez as the new additions to the squad next season, we should then have a squad that could challenge. Hope we get these 3 signed, should get at least 2 of them snapped up
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby skipper » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:27 am

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:Kuyt was played on the left tonight. That is clearly not his position!

Yes, he definitely did not look comfortable on the left.  He really couldn't get by any defenders and seemed a bit slow.  However, I don't think we can judge him on just this performance. 

Kuyt's still a bit of an enigma as to whether if he'll be comfortable playing in the premiership.  Though his nose for the goal does seem appealing, whichever way you look at it.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:41 am

I don't think he had a bad game given that he was in an unusual position for him (as I understand it).  He seems like he could be a decent target man.  Not sure about 10 million though.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby wee_boi888 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:28 am

He switched to the Centre more or less after RvN got subbed for Babbel. He seemed to hold up the ball alright with a a decent jump and header, but to me it seemed he cant control the ball with his chest at all.

What I was glad to see was him making a couple of good clearences and tackles at the back, so anyone saying he'll be like Cisse is wrong IMO - he looked a hard worker.
wee_boi888
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:03 am

I watched Kuyt carefully as I am sure most of us did ,and he still seems very limited and not as fast as I remembered him. He seemed very one footed with poor technical skills, very willing and hardworking with a good physical approach(hes certainly no Morientes)that looks ideal for the premiership. Overhyped, over rated and overpriced probably but if not him who?
account deleted by request

Postby anti-hero » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:14 am

Saviola? :D

I'm thinking he's a Dutch version of Heskey at the moment.

I hope he comes up with way better performances or we'll be looking at another 10 million dollar flop.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill