Kuyt

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby MonkeyBusiness » Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:36 pm

I think Ann3 sums up Kuyt as a striker pretty well.  He's not the best technically, nor is he the quickest man on the pitch - but he's an incredibly hard working, blue-collar guy who will bust his butt to try to make a play.  All around good guy to have around in the clubhouse.

Klose is probably the bigger name guy - but I think I'd rather bring the younger (Kuyt 26 to Klose 28), hard working guy who is likely to be a better teammate in the long run.  Not to mention - Kuyt would be A LOT cheaper.  Klose has received a lot of attention lately (WC Golden Boot), and would cost much, much more.
Last edited by MonkeyBusiness on Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"If football were a woman, I'd marry it."
MonkeyBusiness

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:34 pm

I've been out of touch for the last while, but I have to say I think Kuyt was a :censored: signing. Didn't rate him at the World Cup; didn't rate him before the World Cup from what I've seen of Dutch football; and I doubt I'll rate him now that he's joined LFC. I would have pushed the boat out for Klose - he's good on the ground. in the air, and he scores lots of goals. Too late now tho'....bummer....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby 108-1163930576 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:11 pm

somew wag called him dirt :censored:
108-1163930576

Postby kop11 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:15 pm

well kuyt is by far means doing the business at liverpool fc now!!! kuyt fever
'i was made for liverpool and liverpool was made for me'

kop11

Postby penzance-on-the-kop » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:41 pm

Didn't rate kuyt when he played his first few games at liverpool, however now i think he was one of the best summer signings :)
ImageImage
penzance-on-the-kop

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:58 pm

By miles the best forward we've got at the club

I was arguing with someone yesterday that if you look at the strikers at other clubs they cost fortunes. Henry cost £11.5M 6 years ago, man United's current striker force costs £40M, Chelsea's £55M - and if you look at the league table you can see that top strikers cost big money usually.... its rare to find 'gems' who will come for peanuts unless they come through the system like Owen and Fowler did.

We got Dirk for £9M and he is a bargain, and expected to the job of Rooney or a Drogba - both those players cost near on £30M - so our expectations are high on players who cost a fraction of what our rivals are spending. By that token our boys are more than holding their own, but I still don't believe we will see the top class striker we want and are used to seeing at Anfield (Kenny, Robbie, Mikey, Rushey, Aldo, Beardo etc) unless we go out and spend top dollar.

No it is not a sign big names rant, its just that proven strikers cost money as its goals/assits/creativeness that they are judged by.

For that Kuyt is an abolute bargain.

He's been told to play as the deeper striker when he plays with Crouch. If you want to point the finger at someone for not getting in the box it's Crouch.

Crouch is the centre forward and Kuyt is being told to drop deep to split the defence. Watch next time we line up Kuyt is doing what he's told to do by running the channels and dropping into midfield.

He usually plays differently when he plays with Bellamy (Kuyt is more the centre forward) although at times I've seen him do the same where he drops off into midfield and out wide.

For the first time in years we've got a proper centre forward who runs channels, comes deep and also plays off the last man. His movement is superb and the fact he is likely to get double figure assists if he plays with a decent strike partner is just an added bonus.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby crossy11 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:41 pm

Kuyt has shown us what he can do and now is pressing on at Liverpool! Keep it going! :D
crossy11

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill