David villa :i'd sign for gunners - 2nd choice : liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Almighty Red » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:35 pm

I reckon Abramovic should just manage Chelski himself. That's clearly what he really wants...
Almighty Red

Postby heimdall » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:10 pm

This would be a great signing, surely if we sell Crouch and JAR we'll have enough to get Villa for £17 million, what the hell sell Xabi as well if we have too. Villa and Torres up front would be lethal, add to that a couple of good wingers and we are really starting to look good.
heimdall

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:41 am

COme on now lets get villa 17 million  and sabre if we do get him pls say he won't succeed
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Almighty Red » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:48 pm

What're the chances we'll miss out on Villa and Silva and wind up with Kenwyne Jones and James Milner, or something?
Almighty Red

Postby Toffeehater » Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:45 pm

Thanks for the blessing :laugh:
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liado » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:31 pm

s@int wrote:Villa would be an incredible signing for us, on a par with the Torres signing. If I had been offered the choice last year I would have picked Villa over Torres (I blame Sabre for that though :D ) Hard worker too, more like a skillful goalscoring Kuyt from what little I have seen of him.

He looks fast, but not sure about that?

He is fast for a latin game but nothing special.His best weapon is he is very, very ambitious. I do not like him to much, but to be honest, He has been very constant scoring goals every season, I do not how but he always manages to score about 15 on average.
An one more thing, We would have to see him playing in a big club, probably He will score more goals.
liado

Postby club_Levis » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:18 am

Oh lord please let this be true.!!!! Villa for LFC.. and his favourite no 7 jersey is available!!
club_Levis

Postby red_guy » Wed Jun 11, 2008 3:09 am

Just imagine Villa and Torres upfront for LFC.........that thought alone would make most of us drool.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBM » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:56 am

red_guy wrote:Just imagine Villa and Torres upfront for LFC.........that thought alone would make most of us drool.

No doubt would be Great, His price probably doubled with that hatrick, and quite frankly I doubt we have the cash.
JBM

Postby red_guy » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:27 am

JBM wrote:
red_guy wrote:Just imagine Villa and Torres upfront for LFC.........that thought alone would make most of us drool.

No doubt would be Great, His price probably doubled with that hatrick, and quite frankly I doubt we have the cash.

Agreed. Sometimes i just can't accept the fact that  a big club like us struggling to buy quality players because of the lack of cash while a club like Spurs spending big every season and at the same time not even competing in european comp. This isn't supposed to be happening.       :sniffle  Those f@cking yanks and the clown parry should do something about it.  :angry:
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:49 am

If we had any chance of signing David Villa, we now have absolutely no chance after his hattrick last night.  I think you're talking about 25 million for him again, same silly prices that were talked about last season for him.  It wouldn't just be us after him either so the price could rise further.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:31 am

If this club has ambition we should be signing the likes of him and not the likes of milner & Downing  :glare:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:37 am

Ciggy wrote:If this club has ambition we should be signing the likes of him and not the likes of milner & Downing  :glare:

Sunstitute 'money' for 'ambition' and I agree with you.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:17 pm

Fine, Villa's priced himself out of a move now.  Let's just turn our attentions to Silva instead. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:35 pm

I thought Villa looked amazing ( I never thought I would write that phrase down), but I thought Silva looked lightweight.  I don't follow the Spanish league but I have seen a lot of praise for Silva on this board recently.  Was he just having an off day, coz I just don't think he would be up to the premiership battering he would get on last nights performance!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill