Villa offered to liverpool - Cash strapped club to sell?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby addy » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Paul C wrote:
Nando26 wrote:I think im one of the few people who dont just look at the name of David Villa & actually think hang on when they play together for Spain they dont actually link up 2 well & Torres game gets sacraficed alot

Id much rather stick with the Torres Gerrard combo upfront & strenghten behind them. For the money wed have to pay for him we could get 2 2o mill players or 3 12+ mill players that would improve the team much more in my eyes

I see what your saying nando but were lacking a world class striker, Gerrard after all is a midfielder but it depends if Rafa will change to 4-4-2 rather than the 4-5-1 he likes to play, the strikers we have are:

1. Torres
2. Ngog
3. Nemeth
4. Voronin
5. Pacheco

Out of the above the only 15+ a season striker is Torres and the rest are either reserve players or squad players, if Torres gets injured I honestly can't see us getting many goals from Voronin or Ngog although I'd love to see Pacheco/Nemeth given a chance in the first team.

If Torres was injured I would expect Kuyt to be given a role as Striker and use Benayoun to fill his role out wide?

Would probably be a better option that Ngog or Voronin.
addy

Postby Raj_Xedos » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:48 pm

addy wrote:
Paul C wrote:
Nando26 wrote:I think im one of the few people who dont just look at the name of David Villa & actually think hang on when they play together for Spain they dont actually link up 2 well & Torres game gets sacraficed alot

Id much rather stick with the Torres Gerrard combo upfront & strenghten behind them. For the money wed have to pay for him we could get 2 2o mill players or 3 12+ mill players that would improve the team much more in my eyes

I see what your saying nando but were lacking a world class striker, Gerrard after all is a midfielder but it depends if Rafa will change to 4-4-2 rather than the 4-5-1 he likes to play, the strikers we have are:

1. Torres
2. Ngog
3. Nemeth
4. Voronin
5. Pacheco

Out of the above the only 15+ a season striker is Torres and the rest are either reserve players or squad players, if Torres gets injured I honestly can't see us getting many goals from Voronin or Ngog although I'd love to see Pacheco/Nemeth given a chance in the first team.

If Torres was injured I would expect Kuyt to be given a role as Striker and use Benayoun to fill his role out wide?

Would probably be a better option that Ngog or Voronin.

babel has always expressed intrest in playing there!
Raj_Xedos

Postby dustak » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:47 pm

TORRES + VILLA = Premier League Champs

no doubt about it

all about Liverpool FC
dustak

Postby dave82 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:30 pm

I have just read villa and silva could sign in january it's here http://www.gamebetting.co.uk/blog....ry.html what u think
dave82

Postby Greavesie » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:36 pm

i think yes what about you
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby GYBS » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:26 pm

:laugh:
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elinus » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:16 am

I really hope it happens. At least one of the signings. David Villa is a great striker, one of the best right now. And David Silva, great midfielder who does brilliantly as a wing too. Signing Villa seems pretty hard, the signing of Silva on the other hand could be very possible.

I don't know why, but this looks like a whole lot of rubbish to me. I really hope it's true but I don't know why it sounds to me like all lies. Then again, I don't live in the UK and Liverpool news here are not heard very often. I just use a few websites to keep me informed.

Has there been talk about this in the UK guys? or just pure gossip?

YNWA!!
Elinus

Postby GYBS » Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:30 am

Pure unadulterated gossip im afraid mate
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:57 pm

mateys, if I win the euro millions tonight it will be about £85 million. I will give rafa £50 million of it as a gift to buy a couple of top signings. I will have a contract drawn up that states them two yank w@nknuts have no say whatsoever in what rafa spends it on.

that I promise
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:00 pm

Lee J wrote:mateys, if I win the euro millions tonight it will be about £85 million. I will give rafa £50 million of it as a gift to buy a couple of top signings. I will have a contract drawn up that states them two yank w@nknuts have no say whatsoever in what rafa spends it on.

that I promise

can we expect a bid for David Villa then?  :D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Paul C » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:41 pm

Not a f.u.ckin chance that we'll sign Villa!!!!
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:33 am

I only won £6 :D

so no.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Good Yank » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:25 pm

Lee J wrote:I only won £6 :D

so no.

Well Lee, if you donated that you'd probably about double the transfer kitty.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:22 pm

It's inevitable that Rafa will be given "some" money in January and the deal with Standard Chartered will only help buffer any potential kitty.

However I think a double swoop at £50m for Villa and Silva is dreamland. Would dearly love to see them here in January for a push for the premier league but I fear that, unless we have a marked improvement throughout the team but mostly defensively well before January (i.e. NOW), that we may be out of the race by January.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:01 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:It's inevitable that Rafa will be given "some" money in January and the deal with Standard Chartered will only help buffer any potential kitty.

However I think a double swoop at £50m for Villa and Silva is dreamland. Would dearly love to see them here in January for a push for the premier league but I fear that, unless we have a marked improvement throughout the team but mostly defensively well before January (i.e. NOW), that we may be out of the race by January.

The way we're leaking goals from corners and set-pieces, I reckon the only signing that will be sanctioned is a qualified chippy to slap a few sheets of plywood on the goal !

I'd be happier to see one of the two, and the other funds used on a decent centre-half (or two..)
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill