David villa :i'd sign for gunners - 2nd choice : liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Rush Job » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:33 am

Shame we couldnt have worked something out with Alonso going the other way, oh well back to reality and supposedly its chelsea who have been putting in the leg work this past few years to be in contention, if only we had owners who gave a toss and a CEO as able as kenon, instead of coco i'll see ya 6 weeks the clown, hardly dynamic is he.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:08 am

Hes coming here.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:27 am

Ciggy wrote:Hes coming here.

Cigg just been watchin SSN caught the tail end of morning report and transfer news. Villa Liverpool is my destination anyone else see it :nod
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:01 pm

ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:10 pm

This is a HUGE hint from Villa that he is genuinely interested in joining LFC.

This would be a GREAT signing for us as Villa and Torres have looked brilliant together in the euro's.

The key issue/concern is a) will we follow up this and make a move and b) can we afford Villa??

If the yanks are serious about making us a force in the premiership then he is the kind of player we should be looking to buy. :)
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:10 pm

LFC players should be pouring honey in his ear and tapping him up on a daily basis while they have him nearby at the EURO's.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:15 am

I just want to apologize to what I posted.

Turns out skysports took this from NOTW

:angry:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:46 am

thats it he's coming folks :D  we've signed david villa, na na na na, na na na na i'm sooooooooooooooooooo happy!   i'm gonna go get me a shirt with his name on the back today!
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:48 am

I wouldn't get ya knickers in a twist just yet people! There's a press story with just about every possible spin imaginable. You could probably find one saying he's gonna retire after the tournament if you look hard enough!

Villa wants to reign in Spain at Real Madrid or Barcelona and will snub £22m move to Chelsea

By Sportsmail Reporter
Last updated at 9:48 AM on 16th June 2008

David Villa wants to stay in Spain and will snub a £22million move to Chelsea in favour of a move to Real Madrid or Barcelona.

The Valencia striker has been in sensational form during Euro 2008 and scored a hat-trick in Spain's 4-1 opening win over Russia.

He also netted an injury-time winner in the 2-1 win over Sweden to take his tally to four goals as Luis Aragones' side booked a place in the quarter-finals.

Villa auction yet to start - Valencia
by Tom Adams, 15 June 2008
Have your say Read comments 
Related Stories
Chelsea fixtures 2008/09
Villa 'favours Spain stay'
Carvalho calls for stability
Valencia insist that the expected bidding war for Euro 2008 top scorer David Villa has not yet started, and the Spanish club still hope to keep hold of their star man.

Villa has been the name on everybody’s lips in the group stage in Austria and Switzerland after scoring four goals in two games to help Spain qualify for the quarter finals.

His influential displays have done little to dampen speculation that a feeding frenzy could erupt after the conclusion of the finals as Europe’s biggest sides vie for his signature.

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Chelsea and Liverpool have all been linked with the Che star but Valencia technical secretary Juan Sanchez admits it is still all quiet on the Villa front.

"He's our player, he's under contract, and the coach is counting on him,” Sanchez told Marca. “We're very calm and we've received no offer for him."

Far from being resigned to Villa’s exit after a poor season for Valencia, club president Augustin Morera appears confident that he could yet stay at the Mestalla.

"He's an icon who so far has managed to score four goals in the European Championship, something which very few players in the history of football have managed,” said Morera.

"We should be proud that he plays for Valencia, enjoy it, and when we read the newspapers from Barcelona, Madrid and the rest of the world remember that he's our player.

"There are offers for Villa every season."
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:15 pm

These quotes were made ages ago.

Next will be a 2.5 year old quote recycled about how he doesn't want to come to Liverpool because of 'the weather and not liking the Beatles'.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mistyred » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:39 pm

Scott mate you are filled with optimism
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:00 pm

To be honest Villa might be one of those old Spaniards that aren't prepared to go abroad. As in, there's a kind of Spaniard who you know that he'll never speak two sentences in English, no matter he's there 20 years. My hunch is Villa is one of them :D

Do you have known any case in the premiership of a totally succesful player in terms of football but that never managed to adapt to the english language and english life? I'm curious about that.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:07 pm

According to Talk Sport Chelsea had approached him which he refused!
And Barca or Madrid are the only 2 teams he has any chance of  choosing to go to.
LFC were not mentioned! :(
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:25 pm

Number 9 wrote:According to Talk Sport Chelsea had approached him which he refused!
And Barca or Madrid are the only 2 teams he has any chance of  choosing to go to.

If it cheers you up, Clarin in Argentina, El Mundo Deportivo, Marca, El Mundo, El Pais, and other 7 newspapers bring the rumour about Rafa wanting Villa.

But... not a single quote and just speculation, mate.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:29 pm

Sabre wrote:
Number 9 wrote:According to Talk Sport Chelsea had approached him which he refused!

If it cheers you up, Clarin in Argentina, El Mundo Deportivo, Marca, El Mundo, El Pais, and other 7 newspapers bring the rumour about Rafa wanting Villa.

But... not a single quote and just speculation, mate.

I have no doubt Rafa would love Villa at LFC as would we all!And im confident Villa would choose us over any English club because of a Spanish manager and his mates are with us!
Unfortunately the money just is not there to make it happen.
Same shi'te every season,im sick of it!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill