David villa :i'd sign for gunners - 2nd choice : liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:46 pm

Villa and Torres up front would be something special....
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:56 pm

mistyred wrote:Scott mate you are filled with optimism

I know mate! Can't deny i've never felt so unexcited about our transfer activity going into an off-season before. While everyone else (well not everyone) is playing Champ Man in their head I Just can't help looking at all the factors working against us signing anyone of the calbre of Torres. ie.

- The owners are at loggerheads with eachother (and everybody else) so are unlikely to stump up any real cash (or even borrowed cash) when they don't even have the funds in place to A) Refinance the original debt for buying the club and B) The new stadium

- The fact everyone knows we're skint so those clubs interested in Crouch, Carson, Riise, Pennant etc are playing it cool safe in the knowledge we need to sell them.

- Throw in the Parry factor and it doesn't look so good does it?

Course i'm hoping to be proved completely and utterly wrong!
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby liado » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:46 pm

Sabre wrote:To be honest Villa might be one of those old Spaniards that aren't prepared to go abroad. As in, there's a kind of Spaniard who you know that he'll never speak two sentences in English, no matter he's there 20 years. My hunch is Villa is one of them :D

Do you have known any case in the premiership of a totally succesful player in terms of football but that never managed to adapt to the english language and english life? I'm curious about that.

I agree . In my opinion there is a chance if Madrid or Barcelona are not interested on him.
If he cames, he will adapt to EPL and English life (villa is not "stupid" and futhermore is a very very ambitious human beeing in many senses , (that includes language learning among others)  but what I think is very difficult for him is to take the decission to play abroad due to his personality.If he does, I bet you he will adapt very easily in all senses.
Last edited by liado on Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
liado

Postby Sabre » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:57 pm

To be honest I don't know the lad deep down to have a "I'm sure" opinion. Anyway I don't relate the ability to learn a new language to being clever, rather to culture (pretty much like I don't consider Toshack stupid at all, but he struggles with our language 20 years later).

For instance, I don't consider Camacho stupid whatsoever, but I'd consider him less adaptable to English than Benitez, if you see what I mean.

Anyhow liado, I take your opinion as good, as I'm talking about a "hunch" a "quick opinon" by the way he talks.
Last edited by Sabre on Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby triggerred38 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:12 am

I seem to remember the same optimism and hope when everyone on the site thought owen (the slimy money grabbing little fecker) was on his way back.
As fan's we have to maintain that element of hope (how else would Everton fans have suffered all these years), however, people its staring you in the face....
we have not purchased Barry as we have not sold Alonso   money for Alonso=money for Barry
David Villa theres more chance of us signing Ricky Villa

wish I was wrong    but I'm not

:(
Dave J
triggerred38

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:14 am

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:12 am

Even if we keep Crouch ( we wont ) we would still need another top class forward, with Crouch going we definitely  do, you could argue we need two, so if the rumours are true about the kind of sum needed  and i havent seen one with a higher figure than about 26m starting at 20 then why shouldnt we be in for him? we've just had the most part of 20mill turned down for Barry, so...  On a different note, one Mr Eto is apparently available, cheaper too ive always thought his game was made for the prem.
Last edited by Rush Job on Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:07 am

Rush Job wrote:one Mr Eto is apparently available, cheaper too ive always thought his game was made for the prem.

Agree with you about the thought of Eto'o was made for the prem etc, but i don't think he can stand being rotated, being 2nd to Torres, having a pay-cut etc.....so it's a no go for me.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:57 pm

Valencia striker David Villa has rubbished speculation that he has set his sights on a move to Liverpool or Chelsea next season.

Villa has impressed at Euro 2008 and is the tournament's current top scorer after firing four goals in the group stages.

That form has reportedly put the 26-year-old on the radar of Liverpool, who are on the look out for a strike partner for Villa's Spain team-mate Fernando Torres, and Chelsea as the Blues consider options for the possible replacement for Didier Drogba.

Villa was recently quoted as saying he held an 'attraction' for both Liverpool and Chelsea, however the former Real Zaragoza star insists he is happy at the Mestalla and that Valencia have not told him he is for sale.

"I have heard that I am supposed to have said that I would prefer to go to Liverpool to play next season or that I want Chelsea to be my next team," Villa told guillembalague.com.

"I have not said anything like that. My club insists I am not for sale and, believe me, I am totally focused on the European Championship.

"As far as I know, nobody from Liverpool has been in touch, but in any case my future is not something I have in my mind at the moment. I do not understand why people put words in my mouth.

"I always say the same thing, nobody from Valencia has told me that I am for sale. In any case, I am not at all worried about that at the moment.

"My priority, for now, is to play well in Euro 2008."

Villa also insists that he would not be tempted by the likely increase in salary that a move away from Valencia could bring.

"Money means nothing," Villa added. "Of course, everybody works to earn money, but if you are not happy, material things mean nothing. My only target in life is to get better at my job."
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:26 pm

Dundalk wrote:Valencia striker David Villa has rubbished speculation that he has set his sights on a move to Liverpool or Chelsea next season.

Villa has impressed at Euro 2008 and is the tournament's current top scorer after firing four goals in the group stages.

That form has reportedly put the 26-year-old on the radar of Liverpool, who are on the look out for a strike partner for Villa's Spain team-mate Fernando Torres, and Chelsea as the Blues consider options for the possible replacement for Didier Drogba.

Villa was recently quoted as saying he held an 'attraction' for both Liverpool and Chelsea, however the former Real Zaragoza star insists he is happy at the Mestalla and that Valencia have not told him he is for sale.

"I have heard that I am supposed to have said that I would prefer to go to Liverpool to play next season or that I want Chelsea to be my next team," Villa told guillembalague.com.

"I have not said anything like that. My club insists I am not for sale and, believe me, I am totally focused on the European Championship.

"As far as I know, nobody from Liverpool has been in touch, but in any case my future is not something I have in my mind at the moment. I do not understand why people put words in my mouth.

"I always say the same thing, nobody from Valencia has told me that I am for sale. In any case, I am not at all worried about that at the moment.

Villa also insists that he would not be tempted by the likely increase in salary that a move away from Valencia could bring.

"Money means nothing," Villa added. "Of course, everybody works to earn money, but if you are not happy, material things mean nothing. My only target in life is to get better at my job."

On the offal he says his bessie is Reina and he goes out for meals with reina and Torres's parents all the time and Reina is always asking him to come to Liverpool so thats good enough for me :)

Hes comin here no doubt about he knows it makes sense and so do we end of.
Last edited by Ciggy on Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:29 pm

Dundalk wrote:Valencia striker David Villa has rubbished speculation that he has set his sights on a move to Liverpool or Chelsea next season.

So you're telling me there is a chance, you'll think about joining the Red Army (after the EC) mr. Villa ???  :p :D
JamCar05

Postby Sabre » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:32 pm

My only target in life is to get better at my job

You'll achieve that like Torres in the proper place. Liverpool .

If you want to play football, be supported by the best crowd, train without being insulted in the training session, that is, do your job better, come to Liverpool.

That quotes are anyway like saying nothing. But I doubt he'll continue in Valencia.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:14 am

Sabre wrote:
My only target in life is to get better at my job

You'll achieve that like Torres in the proper place. Liverpool .

If you want to play football, be supported by the best crowd, train without being insulted in the training session, that is, do your job better, come to Liverpool.

That quotes are anyway like saying nothing. But I doubt he'll continue in Valencia.

All he's really saying is RIGHT NOW his mind is on Spain and untill theres an offer theres nothing to talk about, so how about a opening offer of 20mill to get the ball rolling, im sure he would then speak differently, right now he needs to be careful not to anger Valencia fans.
Last edited by Rush Job on Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yahoo!mo » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:34 pm

I agree that Villa is playin the loyalty game in case he has to stay, Guillem Balague was sayin the valencia chairman is publicly sayin he's not for sale but in private is asking for £30m. Whether its 20 30 or 40m I don't see where we're gonna get that money from. We need a right winger first and foremost and a decent one is gonna cost £20m. I don't see how we can afford a 20m striker as well and we'd then have to change formation to accomodate him, though i will admit he loks the part in the new kit :D
''Follow your player at Euro 2008'
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/euro/
yahoo!mo

Postby SupitsJonF » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:43 pm

Villa is a liar, he said he wants to stay at Valencia!

Villa Has No Plans To Leave Valencia
Fri 20 Jun, 02:09 PM

Striker David Villa has repeated his desire to remain at Valencia despite being linked with several clubs, including Liverpool and Chelsea.
The 26-year-old's stunning form at Euro 2008, where he has scored four goals for Spain in two appearances, has reportedly attracted the attention of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Liverpool and Chelsea among others.
Villa's name was already on the wanted list of many of Europe's top clubs thanks to his 18 goals in a campaign to forget for Valencia in La Liga last season, but now the pressure on the club to part with their star seems even greater.
It has been well documented in Spain that the club is struggling financially due to their early exit from the Champions League last season, combined with the costs of building a new stadium and the compensation paid to former coach Ronald Koeman.
This has inevitably led to reports the club will have to sell its top players to stay afloat, with Villa and his Spain team-mate David Silva being the ones most likely to fetch serious money.
But the club directors insist they have financial plans in place to ensure that neither Villa nor Silva have to leave, and will be delighted to hear the former again insist that he wants to stay.
"I left the club to compete in Euro 2008 and, when it ends, I hope to be going back to Valencia," Villa told Valencian radio station Radio 9.
"I never thought about leaving before (Euro 2008) and I'm not thinking about it now."
SupitsJonF

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill