David villa :i'd sign for gunners - 2nd choice : liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:01 pm

Isn't June 1st the official opening of the summer transfer window...ergo no actual transfer signings until nowish? ???
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:56 pm

Bad Bob wrote:Isn't June 1st the official opening of the summer transfer window...ergo no actual transfer signings until nowish? ???

1ST July is the offical date Bob. 1ST July to 31st August. You can sign players to contracts, but can only register them between those dates.
account deleted by request

Postby redbeergoggles » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:21 pm

s@int wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:Isn't June 1st the official opening of the summer transfer window...ergo no actual transfer signings until nowish? ???

1ST July is the offical date Bob. 1ST July to 31st August. You can sign players to contracts, but can only register them between those dates.

This is exactly what I am referring to your a mine of useless stats ,I think your time would be far better utilized in deciphering some seemingly incalculable conspiracy theory,than wasting your undoubted literary talents on a football forum . :D
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:38 pm

redbeergoggles wrote:
s@int wrote:

This is exactly what I am referring to your a mine of useless stats ,I think your time would be far better utilized in deciphering some seemingly incalculable conspiracy theory,than wasting your undoubted literary talents on a football forum . :D

Maybe you would be better off back in the ward, I am sure its time for your afternoon nap.

:laugh:

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:59 pm

:D
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:44 pm

s@int wrote:
redbeergoggles wrote:
s@int wrote:

Maybe you would be better off back in the ward, I am sure its time for your afternoon nap.

I tend to nap every time I am subjected to the  inane drivel you post zzzzzz
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:53 pm

redbeergoggles wrote:
s@int wrote:
redbeergoggles wrote:
s@int wrote:

I tend to nap every time I am subjected to the  inane drivel you post zzzzzz

Time for your medication. You  should know by now not to interrupt the grownups until visiting time.

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:23 pm

Valencia have sparked a mad Premiership scramble by putting David Villa up for sale.

AS says Villa is officially on the market for a knockdown fee of £17 million - which is a big climbdown from the £30 million Premiership clubs were quoted last year.

Valencia have informed Villa's agent, Jose Luis Tamargo, he has permission to listen to offers for the striker. Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham and Liverpool have all made enquiries about Villa's availability in the last year.

Only last month, Villa admitted he had ambitions of playing for Arsenal in the future.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:39 pm

Go get him put him behind Torres (No not like that Torres has pretty hair but is hetro :D ) as a support striker so he can run at the defence while Torres
plays of the shoulder i think it will work.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:01 pm

comes down to the same old thing though?? do we have the money??

you would think if a player like that comes up for sale at a knocked down price like that then we would be jumping all over it but i just don't see it happening
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby King Carra » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:41 pm

Well imo this is too big a player to miss out on... I hope we have the fees, but do Chelsea want him now? It's obvious Drogba is out on his way, but will the new manager want him? I hope not. £17m is nothing for a player of Villa's quality. I'm hoping Rafa goes all out for this one.
King Carra

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:47 pm

What new manager??  What player is going to sugn for a team that still has no manager?? Lets hope the drama at Chelsea drags on for a bit too keep the big wonga out of the way!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:35 pm

Villa would be an incredible signing for us, on a par with the Torres signing. If I had been offered the choice last year I would have picked Villa over Torres (I blame Sabre for that though :D ) Hard worker too, more like a skillful goalscoring Kuyt from what little I have seen of him.

He looks fast, but not sure about that?

Postby Almighty Red » Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:45 pm

Please, God... please...
Almighty Red

Postby King Carra » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:13 pm

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:What new manager??  What player is going to sugn for a team that still has no manager?? Lets hope the drama at Chelsea drags on for a bit too keep the big wonga out of the way!

Well look at the Boswinga fella... Chelsea signed him and then within a week Grant was sacked. I hardly doubt Abramovic would have sanctioned the transfer if he knew Grant was about to get sacked...
King Carra

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill