David villa :i'd sign for gunners - 2nd choice : liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Sabre » Sat May 31, 2008 10:15 pm

s@int wrote:Which means its the very definition of a rumour.  A piece of unverified information of uncertain origin usually spread by word of mouth :D

Yes, but there are levels of tenuous.

If Welsh Wizzard comes and says tomorrow he's seen Villa and Silva in Melwood, your heart wouldn't be accelerating. :D

Ribery signed not long ago for Bayern, and he's a very good player. It's a safe speculation to say that he'd be very expensive, IMHO. It's unlikely.
Last edited by Sabre on Sat May 31, 2008 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sat May 31, 2008 10:17 pm

Like I said, a rumour that appears in a reputable broadsheet for example, usually indicates it's stronger than say if it's from: tribalfootball.com, goal.com, vitalfootball.com, footballtransfers.com, and most of the sources toffeehater posts up.

To my knowledge, the Ribery rumour has appeared in one, possibly two of these latter type sites - who often feed off this period.
LFC2007

Postby Sabre » Sat May 31, 2008 10:19 pm

tribalfootball.com, goal.com, vitalfootball.com, footballtransfers.com

Actually the list can be extended to any domain containing the words mercato, transfer, and fichajes. Calciomercato.com or something is famous in my country because we don't remember the last time they got one rumour right.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat May 31, 2008 10:25 pm

Sabre wrote:
s@int wrote:Which means its the very definition of a rumour.  A piece of unverified information of uncertain origin usually spread by word of mouth :D

Yes, but there are levels of tenuous.

If Welsh Wizzard comes and says tomorrow he's seen Villa and Silva in Melwood, your heart wouldn't be accelerating. :D

Ribery signed not long ago for Bayern, and he's a very good player. It's a safe speculation to say that he'd be very expensive, IMHO. It's unlikely.

You have no idea how to enjoy the silly season mate. 99.9% of rumours are cr@p anyway, so just believe the ones you like and dismiss the ones you don't. You have just as much chance of being right at the end of the day as the people who try to judge the veracity of rumours from which source the come from.

You also get the added benefit of no frustration when you hear we are going for poor cheap and cr@p players(obviously false), and all the excitement when we go for top quality ones. (definately close to signing)

You have to pass the time till the season starts some way, you may as well enjoy it! 
:D
account deleted by request

Postby account deleted by request » Sat May 31, 2008 10:28 pm

LFC2007 wrote:Like I said, a rumour that appears in a reputable broadsheet for example, usually indicates it's stronger than say if it's from: tribalfootball.com, goal.com, vitalfootball.com, footballtransfers.com, and most of the sources toffeehater posts up.

To my knowledge, the Ribery rumour has appeared in one, possibly two of these latter type sites - who often feed off this period.

I could make a list as long as this thread on players rumoured in the broadsheets to be coming to us over the past few years. Sadly 99.9% never arrived.

Postby LFC2007 » Sat May 31, 2008 10:28 pm

I've just seen the thread on TLW btw, defo Uncle Albert  :laugh:  :D

I could make a list as long as this thread on players rumoured in the broadsheets to be coming to us over the past few years. Sadly 99.9% never arrived.

They're categorically more reliable than any of the sites I mentioned.
LFC2007

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat May 31, 2008 10:31 pm

I'd be willing to swap Alonso + 5M for Ribery.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat May 31, 2008 10:31 pm

LFC2007 wrote:I've just seen the thread on TLW btw, defo Uncle Albert  :laugh:  :D

You would be better sticking to RAWK or YNWA for rumours, TLW are pretty poor when it comes to Rumours.

Postby Mustangt125 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:55 pm

So when is the time that players are actually supposed to sign?  This is getting ridiculous.  It's the first time I have really followed an off season. 

I'm tired of seeing all the other top clubs linked with stars we need to get a good signing.

The question:  When will players actually be signing?  :help
Mustangt125

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:14 pm

Mustangt125 wrote:So when is the time that players are actually supposed to sign?  This is getting ridiculous.  It's the first time I have really followed an off season. 

I'm tired of seeing all the other top clubs linked with stars we need to get a good signing.

Have you got a few bob to throw in the kitty cause were skint, We cant sign quality with buttons
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mustangt125 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:56 am

okay i think you are asking if i have any money to throw in for the club but I dont know your strange english slang....

anyways, could you answer my question?  When are players expected to sign or when is the period closed?  ???
Mustangt125

Postby babu » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:10 am

Mustangt125 wrote:okay i think you are asking if i have any money to throw in for the club but I dont know your strange english slang....

anyways, could you answer my question?  When are players expected to sign or when is the period closed?  ???

This website is great for that sort of info:

www.googleit_ulazyfeck@ffs.com

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:19 am

Mustangt125 wrote:So when is the time that players are actually supposed to sign?  This is getting ridiculous.  It's the first time I have really followed an off season. 

I know it's really frustrating.  I though that Rafa wanted all the signings done in May and it's already June!  Coco and the Cowboys must :censored: things up again. :angry:
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Mustangt125 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:16 am

and least you're funny babu...........???
Mustangt125

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:51 am

Mustangt125 wrote:and least you're funny baboon...........???

:no

:p
maypaxvobiscum

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill