David villa :i'd sign for gunners - 2nd choice : liverpool

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:28 pm

Sabre wrote:Aragones just told Fabregas "Do the role you do at Arsenal".

They're even SPEAKING IN ENGLISH !!!!  :D
JoeTerp

Postby stmichael » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:34 pm

arsenal players get excited by david villa's rumoured arrival at the emirates:

:D
Last edited by stmichael on Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:57 pm

JoeTerp

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:02 pm

Sabre wrote:You're probably right. In fact, in one of the recent chats in a training session Aragones just told Fabregas "Do the role you do at Arsenal".

Which is what most international managers should say to their players. Players get picked based on their performances for their clubs, and then the international manager asks them to do something completely different and then wonders why they don't play as well for their country as they do for their club.
account deleted by request

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:27 pm

s@int wrote:
Sabre wrote:You're probably right. In fact, in one of the recent chats in a training session Aragones just told Fabregas "Do the role you do at Arsenal".

Which is what most international managers should say to their players. Players get picked based on their performances for their clubs, and then the international manager asks them to do something completely different and then wonders why they don't play as well for their country as they do for their club.

but nearly all clubs play under different systems and telling people to just play their club role to the best XI players in the country would end up in shear chaos
JoeTerp

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:31 pm

stmichael wrote:arsenal players get excited by david villa's rumoured arrival at the emirates:

The state of Cesc's grid!  :laugh:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:02 pm

stmichael wrote:arsenal players get excited by david villa's rumoured arrival at the emirates:

:laugh: , check out W*nk.er , i mean wenger
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby D.I.C S.O.S » Fri May 23, 2008 1:03 pm

Villa would be a great signing. We need to get back to 4-4-2 anyway. If we could bring in a top class winger aswell we could have a real chance of bringing the league back to where it belongs. However, sadly all that I seem to be hearing about is rafa looking at defenders and central midfielders, as well as selling good players like crouch and pennant.
D.I.C S.O.S

Postby Ciggy » Fri May 23, 2008 2:13 pm

Cheeky b@stard second choice  :D

Imagine if he does sign though we will have nearly all the Spanish squad playing for us :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri May 23, 2008 2:46 pm

Toffeehater wrote:DAVID VILLA is ready to snub Chelsea and move to Arsenal.

The £20million-rated Valencia striker, 26, shot to the top of Avram Grant’s summer hitlist after netting 63 goals over the last three seasons.

Chelsea chief Grant is thought to have made contact over a move.

But Villa insists he would rather be a Gunner.

Villa said: “I watch the Premier League a lot and the team I’m most attracted to is definitely Arsenal.

“Their brilliant one and two-touch football and the whole style of rapid counter-attack which dominates the top level of the Premier League now is the one which suits my game best of all.

“I think I’m made to succeed in England but of course it’s one thing saying it and quite another getting there and then doing it.

“The Valencia president always told me he wouldn’t sell me until summer 2008. If an offer comes in I’m hungry to test myself in England.”

If Villa cannot agree a deal with Arsenal, his next option would be to join fellow Spain international Fernando Torres at Liverpool.

He added: “It’s great playing alongside Fernando. We understand each other totally and we get on brilliantly off the park.”

where did that story come from?
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri May 23, 2008 3:22 pm

I read that story in Marca a while ago, and Toffeehater's seems to be an english echo.

Unai Emery, new Valencia coach has been told there will be some major players on his way out.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri May 23, 2008 3:40 pm

Sabre wrote:Unai Emery, new Valencia coach has been told there will be some major players on his way out.

Ronald Koeman, who has been sacked by Valencia following a disastrous spell in charge at El Mestalla, has attacked his former players and said he could have become Barcelona’s next manager.

The Dutchman will be remembered as the biggest flop ever in the history of the Che club, and after having been criticised for months, the former PSV Eindhoven boss has defended himself and slammed former players Santiago Canizares, Miguel Angulo, David Albelda and Joaquin.

“Signing there has been a mistake,” he said.

“I should have stayed one more year with PSV Eindhoven and I would have moved to Barcelona the season after.

“That is bizarre that after having axed them, Canizares, Angulo and Albelda still trained with the team.

“They created a bad atmosphere, most of all because they all had a lot of backing from the club.

“Joaquin was, for example, one of their support, who was bought for €30 million and who is only worth €30 on the pitch.”  :laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Fri May 23, 2008 3:50 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Sabre wrote:Unai Emery, new Valencia coach has been told there will be some major players on his way out.

Ronald Koeman, who has been sacked by Valencia following a disastrous spell in charge at El Mestalla, has attacked his former players and said he could have become Barcelona’s next manager.

The Dutchman will be remembered as the biggest flop ever in the history of the Che club, and after having been criticised for months, the former PSV Eindhoven boss has defended himself and slammed former players Santiago Canizares, Miguel Angulo, David Albelda and Joaquin.

“Signing there has been a mistake,” he said.

“I should have stayed one more year with PSV Eindhoven and I would have moved to Barcelona the season after.

“That is bizarre that after having axed them, Canizares, Angulo and Albelda still trained with the team.

“They created a bad atmosphere, most of all because they all had a lot of backing from the club.

“Joaquin was, for example, one of their support, who was bought for €30 million and who is only worth €30 on the pitch.”  :laugh:

Ah, yes, I was tempted to write you lot about this.

Do you know what Joaquin answered?

"Koeman's only concern was to have dinner with 5 wine bottles so that he went to bed happy"

"Koeman said he was going to screw me up from moment one"

:D To be honest, none of the players of the squad seemed to be happy at all with Koeman since he decided to put aside some important players.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri May 23, 2008 4:06 pm

Sabre wrote:Do you know what Joaquin answered?

"Koeman's only concern was to have dinner with 5 wine bottles so that he went to bed happy"

:laugh: Thats the dutch for ya  :D

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri May 23, 2008 4:11 pm

Are we just going to turn into Spain? :D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill