Good luck michael. - Owen about to go under the knife.

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby spion » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:18 pm

Michael should never have left Liverpool & the old addage is true. You never leave Liverpool to go to a bigger club, because there's no such club. All I wanted to say is that I wish him all the best with the operation & hope that one day we see him playing at anfield again in whatever shirt it is. This operation is no routine & there's a chance that we'll never see the real Owen again.
spion

Postby murphy0151 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:29 pm

Haaa haaa haaa I hope it goes wrong the little welsh cunnnnt.

And I dont give a fuc.k if im being horrible to the ltittle cun.t as I dont like him.  OK
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:33 pm

murphy0151 wrote:Haaa haaa haaa I hope it goes wrong the little welsh cunnnnt.

And I dont give a fuc.k if im being horrible to the ltittle cun.t as I dont like him.  OK

:oh:

:D
112-1077774096

Postby Espionage » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:41 pm

Cant help but pity the guy.  I bet he sits at home at night and thinks of what could have been.  I wish him the best of luck, i think that he has suffered enough.
Espionage
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 48-1119859832 » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:42 pm

I'm glad Owen left, look at him now? He's finished, still I wish him all the best in this operation.
48-1119859832

Postby Ciggy » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:42 pm

Er ello HE DOES NOT PLAY FOR LIVERPOOL ANYMORE.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:11 pm

spion wrote:Michael should never have left Liverpool & the old addage is true. You never leave Liverpool to go to a bigger club, because there's no such club. All I wanted to say is that I wish him all the best with the operation & hope that one day we see him playing at anfield again in whatever shirt it is. This operation is no routine & there's a chance that we'll never see the real Owen again.

You really should be banned from starting threads, the majority of time you post anything its a new thread, and its pointless.
Owen left Liverpool 2 years ago so WTF is this doing in LFC general discussion ?

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby azriahmad » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:11 pm

Same here, no significant feelings for him as he does not play for us anymore. I pity him for his luck, and wish him all the best for all of his past contributions to the Liverpool FC cause. I'm quite glad that we did not buy him back over the odds like the desperate Graem Souness did because he had always relied a lot on his blistering speed and now with all those injuries taking its toll, he's way past his best even though he is only 26.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:16 pm

spion wrote:there's a chance that we'll never see the real Owen again.

Real Owen left the field years ago and has never returned
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby neil » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:30 pm

is'nt there an actor called owen wilson? starsky & hutch fella? and what about Clive Owen? he's on the telly as well! do I win a prize?
neil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:32 pm

English tw at as he is  :D
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Welshscouser » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:28 am

Owen will never be the same again.  I just don't think he will get all of his pace and confidence back.  Never mind eh.  He's not our player to worry about though, lets worry about OUR team.
Welshscouser

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:17 pm

sorry if this goes against the grain on most peoples feelings here towards Owen but hell man lighten up. The guy made the biggest mistake of his career and he`s now paying the price, lets not forget he`s not the first player and wont be the last to have there head turned by Real Madrid. if you want to have a pop at anyone then blame Houllier for the mess the club was in at the time.

This guy was one of my favourites when he was at the club and i was gutted when he left, but i aint bitter enough to hold a grudge against him, like i said he made a mistake and he`s paying.

good luck Michael hope to see you back playing soon.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:10 am

I always loved Owen, he gave me hope that we could start to win things again. I thank him for the memories. the goals and the FA cup. Any bad feelings I had have gone. I just feel a deep sorrow for him and the choices he has made. I would have loved him to come back,I couldnt think of anyone I wanted more. Now I am glad that he didnt. I wish him well and hope he makes a good recovery, but he will never be the player he was.
account deleted by request

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:50 am

To be honest, as wrong as it may be, I feel there is an "Owen or Fowler" trail of thought which affects the view of the majority.

In 1997, Robbie was our "God". There was no player to touch him in many fans' eyes. Owen burst on the scene and seemed to steal Fowler's thunder a bit.
I was a young lad, being forced to watch my hero's stock fall because of some pace-merchant with an eye for goal. And I hated the little b*stard for it.

Long debates (OK, arguements) were had with the ignorant upstarts in my classes at school on who was the best, and who would be king of the kop when Robbie returned.

"Owen's 10 times better than Fowler", "Owen is quicker", "Owen would win a race", "Owen", Owen", "Owen"...and so it went on. I would have stabbed the little swine back then, given the chance.

"Fowler is the best finisher in Europe" came my reply. "He scores goals that no one else can even dream of."

"So what?" They begged. "He's too slow"...

You know what? I nearly throttled one "friend" over his incessant rants that Owen was superior, despite such an obvious gulf in class.

What I am trying to say is; Owen WAS a good player - one of the best. He had the technical ability, the pace, and the mentality.

But I'd never have tried to kill someone for insulting him.
Therein lies the problem with Owen:

He was unlovable. He was another Tim Henman. You hate his niceness, his inhuman, emotionless state. He never had the fans warm to him like a striker of his calibre should. He wanted to distance himself from us, as though he were somehow above us.

I can guarantee you now, that no matter what anyone thinks about their abilities, you poll people about which player they preferred for their actual persona, and Robbie wins hands down. Only a few people with no memory would choose Owen over a man who gave so much of himself to the fans.

We saw the real Robbie Fowler that day he scored at Fulham.

We still haven't seen the real Owen.

P.S.

Just as a forethought - Robbie still has a big service to offer us, despite having lost more than a yard of pace, and suffering 3 or so career threatening injuries at a time when medical care was lacking compared to today. His finishing is still as brilliant as before, and I think it's widely accepted by those in the know that he is one of if not THE best finisher around.

Who thinks Owen will be able to play for a top club when he's 31 and lost all of his pace?

I f*cking don't.
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Fri Sep 08, 2006 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion