Michael owen - Brochure

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby heimdall » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:14 am

Ola Mr Benitez wrote:how quickly people forget the amount of times he won games for us??? He fu<ked up leaving but, hey, we all make mistakes. I'd have him back rather than bringing Voronin back!

Oh is that the same way that Moores just made a mistake?

Owen was :censored: the last few seasons with us and I was happy to see the back of him, arrogant little pr1ck, hope he rots in Hull.
heimdall

Postby JamCar05 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:30 am

Ha ha ha... quote from page 10: "Michael Owen has played for 3 of the most famous club teams in World football: Liverpool, Real Madrid and Newcastle United" :laugh:

That is indeed one World famous Championship team :D

This brochure is seriously embarrassing stuff.
JamCar05

Postby Dundalk » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:45 am

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:38 am

Nanny's thread merged with Dundalk's original...
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby bigmick » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:04 am

In all seriousness here, surely he is worth a wee look ???. I know, I know, I know, but just consider for a second. We have Torres up top who is the best striker in the World today IMHO (pauses for breath) and we also have David N'Gog (another breath) or Dirk Kuyt, or the Voronater  ???

Now, I am going to make the assumption that we will sign anoother striker who will be a good player, lets be optimistic and say he'll not only be better than our back ups, but he'll also be better than Owen these days as well. Lovely jubbly.

What if though, just what if. What if Torres gets injured (which would hardly be the biggest shock in the World), and the bloke we sign (say for instance it's that Benzema bloke for the sake of argument) comes in to replace him. After an hour we're at Old Trafford and a goal behind, Benzema is fecked after playing three matches in 8 days and is begining to flounder. Dirk is running up and down the right wing like a Duracell bunny, Babel (sorry Babelians I forgot about him) is listening to some grooves on his I-Pod, while N'Gog is just egg nogging around. Under these circumstances, will we be thinking "feck me, given Owens scored 11 in 17 for Hull we might have been better off having him here at this point"?

On a free, for 50K a week he's 2.5 million quid a year, peanuts by todays standards. Is there no possibility that if we give him a three year contract, he won't at some stage score a couple of goals which are important enough to pay his fee back? I don't think you need a particularly vivid imagination to be able to consider the possibility seriously. Those with a memory could think back to one of the most one-sided cup finals in history which Owen won for us on his own.

When we brought Fowler back it was a very sensible move, if Owens head is right it might be his turn. Just a thought anyway.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:18 am

I think Owen would be a good signing Mick, still think we need someone to play across our front three tho
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:19 am

I just find it sad that 5 seasons after he left us people are still bitter and twisted about Owen. I am sure that he regrets every day the decision he made ......surely that is enough!

I prefer to think of the two goals that he scored to win the CUP for us, rather than gloating at his misfortune.
account deleted by request

Postby JamCar05 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:36 am

If you're refering to me mate (I don't know if you actually are), I can assure you that I am neither still bitter nor twisted about Owen. Actually the first word that springs to my mind is indifferent. I'm not against him coming here as a backup for Torres if he would be willing to do that, nor am I all excited about getting him back. I'm not really that bothered about Owen anymore tbh.

My comment was solely related to the brochure, which I still maintain is a rather embarrassing step to take, as surely he should be able to find a club without it. Specifically I just found it very funny to mention Newcastle along the mighty reds and those spanish cnuts as a one of the most popular teams in world football :D
JamCar05

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:40 pm

heimdall wrote:Owen was :censored: the last few seasons with us and I was happy to see the back of him, arrogant little pr1ck, hope he rots in Hull.

Owen scored  28, 28, and 19 goals in his last three seasons with us. 24 goals the season before that. Just when was he :censored:?
account deleted by request

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:50 pm

Putting aside whats gone before . If the money was right a fit Michael Owen would (imo) be a brilliant addition to our squad provided he was prepared to accept that he'd primarily be a back up for when we want to bring off /rest Torres . Unfortunatly I think he might prefer the prospect of guaranteed football with the also rans rather than accept a rotating role with prospective champions  :(  .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby destro » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:49 pm

heimdall wrote:
Ola Mr Benitez wrote:how quickly people forget the amount of times he won games for us??? He fu<ked up leaving but, hey, we all make mistakes. I'd have him back rather than bringing Voronin back!

Oh is that the same way that Moores just made a mistake?

Owen was :censored: the last few seasons with us and I was happy to see the back of him, arrogant little pr1ck, hope he rots in Hull.

The same last few seasons where he scored  his highest ammount for a season in two of the last three he was Liverpool player, 43/28 54/28 and 38/19  :kungfu: Priceless !

Hate him for the way he left if you must but please dont make yourself look stupid by coming out with statements like that.
destro

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:57 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Putting aside whats gone before . If the money was right a fit Michael Owen would (imo) be a brilliant addition to our squad provided he was prepared to accept that he'd primarily be a back up for when we want to bring off /rest Torres . Unfortunatly I think he might prefer the prospect of guaranteed football with the also rans rather than accept a rotating role with prospective champions  :(  .

I think it depends more on rafa mate... I have a feeling owen would jump at the opportunity to come back to LFC again...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:10 pm

It depends on what he gets out of it. he wont care about the wages as much as what the signing on fee will be... he'll want around 3 mill in his pocket before talk of any wages
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:15 pm

s@int wrote:I just find it sad that 5 seasons after he left us people are still bitter and twisted about Owen. I am sure that he regrets every day the decision he made ......surely that is enough!

I prefer to think of the two goals that he scored to win the CUP for us, rather than gloating at his misfortune.

i also will always remember the cup final against arsenal mate with great joy. also the goals he scored for us over the years etc.. but i still say & will always say that the way he left Lfc leaves a bad taste. as the saying goes, he's made his bed so has to Lie on it.

also i also take your point about him regretting the descision he made but aagain it boils down to the fact that he thought the grass was greener on the other side.

the reasons above make me bitter & twisted towards him, but i will always watch highlight's of owen in the famous red shirt as life is to short,so will remember him for the reason's only.

maybe we had the best years out of him anyway & isn't good enough for us now, but that's just my opinion. as i'm sure you would agree that he wouldn't want to sit on the bench every week through either injury or as back up to torres, as he certainly wouldn't get first team action otherwise.

(also has made me laugh aswell -fecking Hull City! ha ha fecking ha!
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby yolz » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:06 am

Owen for free would be a bonus (IMHO)
And he was a smashing player for us
However, I have to say I was absolutely gutted when he claimed that he never regretted leaving Liverpool
Look at gerard, absolutely one of THE top stars in the world but committed to Liverpool all the way
If a player signs for us, I hope that along with all the skills and advantages the player will bring,
the most important would be the love and respect for Liverpool
The only True Reds in england...........
yolz

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion