Michael owen - Brochure

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Dundalk » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:17 pm

Dear God has it really come to this.

I heard about this last week but now we have all 32 pages of it for everyone too see, how the mighty have fallen  :no

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1194209/MICHAEL-OWEN-BROCHURE-The-complete-32-page-agents-dossier-fallen-Newcastle-star-England-st
riker.html?ITO=1490]CRINGE[/url]
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:57 pm

Wow, who wrote that garbage, his dad! did Michael Owen proof read that document before it was released? the whole thing is cringe worthy and embarrasing
Last edited by Fowler_E7 on Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:59 pm

Fernando Torres Backs Michael Owen's Ability, Wants Glen Johnson At Liverpool

The Spanish striker has spoken out on a number of contemporary Anfield issues...
19 Jun 2009 12:03:34

Former Liverpool striker Michael Owen has featured intermittently in Newcastle United's first-team over the past few seasons as his career continues to be plagued by a series of injuries, yet Fernando Torres believes the diminutive hotshot will return to the exemplary form that he is best known for.

Torres, currently on Confederations Cup duty with Spain, also stated that he would welcome the addition of England's first choice right back Glen Johnson at Anfield. Johnson is a player who, says Torres, had a grand season with Portsmouth.

Speaking of Owen, Torres told the Daily Mail, "I know that he is a big part of the history of this football club and that the fans at Anfield loved him. I have no idea where he will be playing next season, but I am convinced that he still has a lot to offer.

"He has been unlucky with injuries in recent years and I know how frustrating that can be, but he has a natural instinct in front of goal and you don't lose that just because you have been injured."
Liverpool face a three-way fight along with Chelsea and Manchester City to bring Johnson to the club. The roaming full-back, who has firmly established himself in the first-team plans of Fabio Capello's Three Lions, is likely to command a pricey £18 million fee.

"We have total trust in the boss and we will trust whoever he brings in, but yes, Glen Johnson has had an excellent season.

"He is now in an England team playing very good football.

"He is used to playing top-four football, so there would be no issue about him making the step up."
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:44 pm

:( It is really sad to see that, I dont care about the way he left Liverpool or what others think of him for leaving. A truly brilliant striker reduced to that. I remember seeing him as a 15 year old kid, watching him tear defences to pieces and thinking how great that he was  Liverpool player and watching him rise up through the ranks getting better and better, the goal against Wimbledon, the hatrick against Coventry, the double against Arsenal the hat trick against Germany and THAT goal against Argentina to name but a few then injurys robbed us of one of the best this country has ever seen.
destro

Postby Greavesie » Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:59 pm

he's just a pale shadow of what he sued to be. what the hell has it come to. cant believe he said he doesnt regret leaving Liverpool, surely he thinks otherwise now.

that documents funny tho. fit and healthy, good looking, who the phucks he selling himself to :laugh: :laugh:
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby aCe' » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:02 pm

think we should go for him... no way are we going to be able to afford 3 nig money signings... 2 maybe.. if Johnson is 1 then id want the 2nd to be a top winger not another forward.... which is where Owen for free comes in... was reading a good piece about him and the possible clubs who might be interested in him for next season...
Manutd ? no way
Chelsea ? too much money to spend and too little to improve on, theyll want better
Arsenal ? already have too many good forwards
Everton ? possibly... but with Yakubu, Saha, Anichebe and Moyes playing 1 upfront ? can they/would they be willing to afford the wages ?
Villa ? Carew, Agbonlahor, Heskey.. and they like to play 1 big man alone upfront

others either have similar problems or wouldnt have too much of a chance getting him...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:05 pm

if he can put up playing second fiddle to torres thn sure thing, but he certainly isnt going to be our big man and his ego will have to cope with that
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby tubby » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:08 pm

I think if it's true we are going for Saviloa then id rather we go for Owen. He will probably get the same number of chances anyway. This brochure is a load of :censored: though. Who does that?
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:24 pm

aCe' wrote:think we should go for him... no way are we going to be able to afford 3 nig money signings... 2 maybe.. if Johnson is 1 then id want the 2nd to be a top winger not another forward.... which is where Owen for free comes in... was reading a good piece about him and the possible clubs who might be interested in him for next season...
Manutd ? no way
Chelsea ? too much money to spend and too little to improve on, theyll want better
Everton ? possibly... but with Yakubu, Saha, Anichebe and Moyes playing 1 upfront ? can they/would they be willing to afford the wages ?
Villa ? Carew, Agbonlahor, Heskey.. and they like to play 1 big man alone upfront

others either have similar problems or wouldnt have too much of a chance getting him...

Sorry but.....

Last edited by Dundalk on Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:56 pm

Dundalk wrote:
aCe' wrote:think we should go for him... no way are we going to be able to afford 3 nig money signings... 2 maybe.. if Johnson is 1 then id want the 2nd to be a top winger not another forward.... which is where Owen for free comes in... was reading a good piece about him and the possible clubs who might be interested in him for next season...
Manutd ? no way

Sorry but.....

:laugh:

Why not ?

any better names you wanna throw out or just a no for the fck of it ?!

Dont think we should be spending much money on a backup anything... which includes backup striker... maybe a cheap quality option if theres any out there... besides Owen, Adriano, Tuncay and possibly Viduka i cant really think of many who would be good enough...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:23 pm

I don't think Adriano would be cheap and Viduka is a :censored:. If he can't be arsed he does absolutley nothing. I think we need to spend a bit of on a backup incase Torres gets injured.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:45 pm

Ahhhhhhh  poor little mite and they wont even let him buy Chester ,think of the shame having to sell his apartment in Dubai, my heart genuinely bleeds for him ...... Michael Owen became a commodity when he left for Real Madrid ,a long time before he bared his @rse for Dubai's goverment to procure....
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:17 pm

bavlondon wrote:I think if it's true we are going for Saviloa then id rather we go for Owen. He will probably get the same number of chances anyway. This brochure is a load of :censored: though. Who does that?

From what I have seen of Saviola, he's a f*cking brilliant player who would suprise a lot of people in England.

He's like a cross between Villa and Morientes. (Well - from what I saw...)
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:27 pm

Supposedly we are in for him Lando. Nanny was saying something about it the other day.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:18 am

Lando_Griffin wrote:
bavlondon wrote:I think if it's true we are going for Saviloa then id rather we go for Owen. He will probably get the same number of chances anyway. This brochure is a load of :censored: though. Who does that?

From what I have seen of Saviola, he's a f*cking brilliant player who would suprise a lot of people in England.

He's like a cross between Villa and Morientes. (Well - from what I saw...)

:D
Hows he a cross between Villa and Morientes again ?
He's short, relies heavily on his pace and is very direct.. likes to slot it in and usually likes to make early runs behind defenders..
if anything hes a cross between a 20year old Owen and an Aguero...

Villa and Morientes  :laugh:  .. and ur a cross between Brad Pitt and Johnny Depp arent you ?!  :glare:
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion